Conversations and customers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Natsel I know what you mean ,

they are not nice like you Lady stardust or like you Lady nightshade you two are nice people

you can sort of tell these very rude ones straight away , you can actually feel it and see it in their body language too ,
they seem to think you are their paid servant :green:

I had one client like yours natsel who came in for a cut and blo dry
and after a short consultation and a picture shoved at me

she said ....." look I am going to read my book now as I don't like making small talk with hairdressers they talk the same old nonsense" :eek:

but..... I had to keep disturbing her because she kept putting her head down into her book and when I gently straightend her head up she kept huffing and tutting at this :eek:
in the end I just stopped what I was doing halfway through

(Psst... I always make my point halfway through as they will sit up and listen to you then lol x )

I said to her "look I am sorry but I cannot cut your hair properly if you are reading a book as the balance of the cut will be all thrown out"

she said well the other hairdresser does it !... I calmly said to her
"yes and it is a bit lopsided"....
she just slammed the book down till I finished cutting it
and didn't utter a word to me :eek: then she stuck her head back in her book as soon as I got hair dryer came out , when I finished she never even looked up from the book
not a thank you nothing ....... she got sprayed :irked:

I'd have sprayed her in the face never mind the hair! What a B*TCH!!!!! I hate clients like this, who the fe*k do they think they are like, tutting and all! If I get a client like this I just ignore them and get them out asap, I hate even lookin at them in the mirror, grrrrr!!!

Natsel, what a halarious pic I was actually cackling so much my BF came upstairs to see what was so funny haha! Is it actually your cat??
Some clients are just like that arn't they? After one or two one worded answers I tend to not bother, they're usually tired, hung-over or talked out by their own job! I sometimes appreciate the peace and quiet for that appointment, especially if I'm flat out and havn't had a moment to myself! If she was at her bro's wedding the day before she was problably wreaked and hungover, the worst combo!!! Lol!
Persianista you made me laugh with your way to make them squeak lol, you sound evil haha

Great thread lol x

Remind me to be super duper nice to my stylish next week when I go for my cut and blow... :eek: :lol:
I will have my eagle eye open for any random cats in the salon.

And just in case he's on here.
Kev your on my xmas list dont spray me. :hug:

:lol:

I love this thread.

LOL noo its not my cat girls.

Maybe I should try the dog next when shes naughty!

Hi Girls,

Sorry this thread kind of died and I'm reviving it, but it caught my attention when I was catching up on posts.

I am a very chatty stylist, I like to draw my clients out of themselves and encourage them to open up and talk throughout their appointment. My friends used to laugh because I have a way with people and can get even stuffy business-types to spill about their marriages, children, jobs, affairs etc... the stories I could tell!!

I usually go back to my old salon (I'm mobile now) for my friend to do my hair, but recently I suffered a miscarriage and my friend and I found out we were pregnant together so I couldnt face seeing her quite yet. I really needed a pamper day, so after my usual facial, I thought I'd book a last-minute blowdry at the salon next door.

Understandably, I was feeling physcially and mentally pretty awful, and wasnt much in the mood to chat. My stylist seemed to pick up on this, and didn't take it personally.

My point it that we don't always know what's going on with our clients, and sometimes they are so preoccupied with their problems that they probably don't even realise they're being rude. We can try and chat, but sometimes people just want to be left alone - maybe they have 12 screaming kids at home and come to your wonderful sanctuary for a bit of peace and quiet?

That said, the book lady was very rude and should have got sprayed :) Next time you could try saying, oh, ok, let me know the mindnumbing topics to steer clear of, and I'm sure we can find a middle ground somewhere! If she doesnt respond to that, then she has a serious problem with manners and I'd probably calmly and politely say 'please don't tar me with the same brush, I'm a person just trying to do my job.'

It's horrible to be treated like a worthless dumbass (we've all been there!) when you've worked hard to qualify and take pride in your work, but remember, she's the rude one, you just have to get on and do your best to make her smile and regret treating you like some piece o'sh**.

Latest posts

Back