Cornwall - where would you stay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
hey geeks:hug:

if you were thinking of visiting Cornwall in July/August.....where would you recommend?

Dont mind a pub with accomodation/a pine 'lodge'/a static caravan/a cottage/ or.............a tent:green:.

Criteria it has to meet...

Good for kids
near a good beach
near a pub (v important:green:)
oh and tips on what to do would be fabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It has been a very long time since I was in Cornwall, I was lucky enough to spend two weeks there with a boyfriend who grew up there, we stayed with his family and I got to see all the places that the locals always seem to know, iykwim. My fav place was a beautiful stretch of coast called pray sands, I have no idea if I've spelled that right but thats the way its said. I seem to remember lovely oldie worldie pubs, wonderful tea shops and wishing I had more time to enjoy it all:lol:

It has been a very long time since I was in Cornwall, I was lucky enough to spend two weeks there with a boyfriend who grew up there, we stayed with his family and I got to see all the places that the locals always seem to know, iykwim. My fav place was a beautiful stretch of coast called pray sands, I have no idea if I've spelled that right but thats the way its said. I seem to remember lovely oldie worldie pubs, wonderful tea shops and wishing I had more time to enjoy it all:lol:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i wanna go !

u painted a lovely picture !

I just hope for a 'random' freak heatwave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can also vouch for St Ives...it is wonderful there...Rich andf i stayed at a haven holiday park several years ago....something i thought i would not like....a far cry from the south of France....but i surprised myself by really liking it:eek::lol:

I can also vouch for St Ives...it is wonderful there...Rich andf i stayed at a haven holiday park several years ago....something i thought i would not like....a far cry from the south of France....but i surprised myself by really liking it:eek::lol:

haven? ohhhhhhhhhhh love 'em :green:(well the kids facilities!) do u know the name of the site?

thanks got a few choices now and it looks FABAROOONEy and YAY no euro !

When we decide i'll update :green:

Last edited:
We're going camping in Cornwall in July as well and we're staying at Newperran campsite just outside Newquay. It's our first time there so don't have experience yet(!) but it looks fab - swimming pool and PUB ON SITE (is that close enough, lol?)

Here's a link: Newperran Holiday Park - Home Page

I'm also hoping for same heatwave!!!

LOOE http://www.looe.org/

Fabulous fishing harbours, beach, great pubs, eateries - top notch pasties
Lovely little street with interesting shops and just a great place.
I've spent many years holidaying in Cornwall and IMO, this is one of the best all round places - it's not like blackpool btw.

Loads of caravan parks around the place & B&B's, cottages an all sorts.
May be going myself for the umpteenth time later in the year if I can get my caravan fixed.
xxxx

My family and I are going cornwall first week in september, we're staying on a caravan site called White Acres, its part of the Parkdean holidays. They have log cabins over looking the fishing lakes.
Its a really nice place we went 3 years ago. It has kids a club, entertainment nightly, swimming pool, sauna & gym, a shop on site, Oh and it has a huge gallion ship in the centre for the kids to play on!! it's fab
It's just outside newquay, and with cornwall not very wide you can get everywhere in under an hour! Parkdean Holidays, 24 UK family holiday parks ? caravans & lodges

HTH

LOOE Looe, Cornwall, UK

Fabulous fishing harbours, beach, great pubs, eateries - top notch pasties
Lovely little street with interesting shops and just a great place.
I've spent many years holidaying in Cornwall and IMO, this is one of the best all round places - it's not like blackpool btw.

Loads of caravan parks around the place & B&B's, cottages an all sorts.
May be going myself for the umpteenth time later in the year if I can get my caravan fixed.
xxxx

I can vouch for Looe as I have family who live there. Lovely little fishing town with a harbour and beach, but it does get very usy in the summer. Close to St Austel for the Eden project too which i well worth a visit.

I'm originally from Cornwall and go back as often as poss to visit family so here are the two places I would recommend:

www.tomsholidays.co.uk these are chalet type properties up on the Riviere Towans over looking St Ives Bay, walking distance to beach, pub on site and little shop (however I would recommend using the shops in Hayle as this one is pricey)

www.trelynden.co.uk

This is a huge house in a little village in Goldsithney, which is close to Penzance/St.Ives/Hayle/Marazion.
Less then a 5 minute drive and you will be at the beach at Marazion (St.Michaels Mount)
We stayed here for Christmas and it was brilliant, pub 2 doors up and across the road.

I think if I'm on the same wave length as Susie she is referring to Praa Sands.

Places to visit:

Flambards - good for all the family
Jeepers carting in Hayle (not an all dayer)
Hayle beach is a must
Hayle also has an outdoor swimming pool off of the main road near Philips (pasty shop - which you have to try because they are the best lol)
Lands End
Portreath beach a little beach but clean and well equipped (toilets/cafe)
Portreath Arms - for food - yummy!!
Round the corner from this is The Cornish Gold Centre (save this for a rainy day) it is made up of little buildings selling silver/gold jewelery, cafe, fill you own sand shapes, paint pottery.
Perranporth is another lovely beach with a restaurant on the beach (www.the-wateringhole.co.uk)

Truro for the Cathedral and shopping - in the back of the cathedral is a little restaurant doesn't look much but it's food is lovely and reasonably priced.

Tyringham Arms (www.tyringhamarms.co.uk) beautiful carvery

Last edited:
www.tomsholidays.co.uk these are chalet type properties up on the Riviere Towans over looking St Ives Bay, walking distance to beach, pub on site and little shop (however I would recommend using the shops in Hayle as this one is pricey)

I can highly recommend this site, excellent security company look after them! Same as Beachside which is just around the corner and has their own pool so kids can go swimming safer than in the sea. Lol we also do their security cover!

I would strongly recommend that you do not stay in St. Ives, its lovely to visit but in the summer you will spend most of your day trying to leave as traffic is so bad going in and out. If you stay in Hayle you can jump on train and visit but can also drive elsewhere without the traffic hassle!!

I am lucky that I live in Hayle and have the beach on my doorstep, cant remember the last time I went!! Always the same, if any geeks are down this way would love to meet up while your down for a coffee n chat, not many of us down this way so always keen for that!!

If i can help anymore just PM me

:hug:

I would strongly recommend that you do not stay in St. Ives, its lovely to visit but in the summer you will spend most of your day trying to leave as traffic is so bad going in and out. If you stay in Hayle you can jump on train and visit but can also drive elsewhere without the traffic hassle!!

:hug:

I have to say I agree with this, staying in St.Ives in peak season will just be a pain in the butt. We just go into St.Erth and jump on the train.

I would have to say Hayle is pretty central for everything.

Perranporth is where we have been for the last two years and love it. Lovely little town, beach fantastic and there are nice little pubs. close to alot of places of interest - treasure land, little tin mines, flambards. We have stayed at the John Fowler Holiday parks and they are fab.

Come and stay in our holiday lodge!!!! :hug:

Its near a nice little town called Polperro. Looe is very close too:) All of Cornwall gets busy in summer but our lodge is on a quiet site

3 bedrooms, only 18 months old, large indoor pool on site

We aren't fully booked this year yet

John Fowler Holiday Parks - Killigarth Manor Holiday Park

PM me for details/our lodge no etc

Everyone else please join http://www.salongeek.com/groups/kernow+geeks.html

OMG I's so jealous - a holiday home in POLPERRO!!!!!! I love Polperro - probably THE most beautiful fishing village/harbour in the UK if not the world!

PM me your holiday lodge details - I'm more than a little bit interested xxxxx

No idea where we stayed but loved Newquay as a teen.
Those boys......the boards......it was lovely:)
Seriously though we always had a fab time there and I'd love to go back.
PM Debs, Snugglepuss she has loads of info about it mate xxx

Latest posts

Back