Couch electric blanket

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosiedrew

Reaction score
I would like to add warmth to my clients during the winter months.
Is there such a thing as a couch electric blanket???

HOF beauty. x

Salonserve have one for £34.95:)

EQU/343
Trade Only.

(Excludes 15% VAT)

Couch warming blanket.
  • Easy to operate
  • Single control
  • 2, 6, 9 or 12 hour heat settings
  • Luxury fleece
  • Machine washable
Dimensions:- 157 x 81 cm

Quantity :

Strange I couldn't find the price list??

There web address is Salon Equipment Waxing Products Beauty Equipment

Pick what you want, give me a nod and I will do you a good deal.

A single bed electric blanket will do exactly the same job at a fraction of the price. Why pay extra for something which does the same but is simply marketed differently!

Insurance wise - (for those who are going to shout back) - no problem as long as CE certified, which obviously it will be. Got mine from Argos £15. Has temp controls and is COMPLETELY SAFE!

I was gonna say Argos is the best place - love mine!

I totally agree i got mine from argos and it's great! All the clients love it, it didn't cost me much either.

Some clients even thought i'd actually bought a really expensive bed which heats up! haha.

Do you stop your couch going yellow from the heat by putting towels underneath it? Are they safe to leave on for 8 to 10 hrs? xxx

Do you stop your couch going yellow from the heat by putting towels underneath it? Are they safe to leave on for 8 to 10 hrs? xxx

Yes Kim, We put a towel between the couch matress and the electric blanket, and obviously one on top. I have a timer plug on ours (which was really inexpensive to buy), and generally have the blanket on the lowest setting. Clients love it - especially for massage in winter. It has a CE mark and so has to be safe and fit for purpose. X

Yes Kim, We put a towel between the couch matress and the electric blanket, and obviously one on top. I have a timer plug on ours (which was really inexpensive to buy), and generally have the blanket on the lowest setting. Clients love it - especially for massage in winter. It has a CE mark and so has to be safe and fit for purpose. X

Thank you, that's excellent. My poor men laying there with not a stitch on (I don't like towels) and I'm sweating away with the heater on. That would solve it all.....they can be hot and I can be cool. xxx

Glad to be of service Kim. Men across the nation can thank me. X

A single bed electric blanket will do exactly the same job at a fraction of the price. Why pay extra for something which does the same but is simply marketed differently!

Insurance wise - (for those who are going to shout back) - no problem as long as CE certified, which obviously it will be. Got mine from Argos £15. Has temp controls and is COMPLETELY SAFE!

(this is no shout back) I agree its safe - but you may need more than CE for your insurance. I have just had a Loss adjuster see me because of a fraudulent claim from a client. (Made up accident that did not happen).

One of the questions he asked was......did I know that Trading Standards says that any equipment that is used on the public must be "the most appropriate"? I said no. Has anybody had any experience of talking to Trading Standards about the equipment we use?

Best advice must be to check with your insurance company.

(this is no shout back) I agree its safe - but you may need more than CE for your insurance. I have just had a Loss adjuster see me because of a fraudulent claim from a client. (Made up accident that did not happen).

One of the questions he asked was......did I know that Trading Standards says that any equipment that is used on the public must be "the most appropriate"? I said no. Has anybody had any experience of talking to Trading Standards about the equipment we use?

Best advice must be to check with your insurance company.

As long as its 'fit for purpose' - then it is appropriate and safe. No problem. X

We have single electric blankets from Argos on our couches - I think we have had them all 2 years plus - used 10 hours a day, 6 days a week and still going strong and sure they were under £20 each. And the couches are still nice and white!! Clients love them.

Just an idea..................:idea:
I saw that Lakeland have a heated fleecy blanket which can be left on for hours.
I've sent for it and hope it will make my masssage & facial clients toasty in the winter.
It's machine washable too !
I'll let you know how it performs.

Just wondering.....has anyone used a heated blanket under one of those fleecy couch covers - you know the ones that look a bit like sheepskin?

Would it be safe and also would the heat still get through do you think?

I want both you see!

Thanks x x

Latest posts

Back