Could this work for spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missymish

Reaction score
Ok a little shop has come up for lease on a parade of shops that is in a fab position.

Now I say a shop it's not really, basically at the end of the parade there is a kind of little lean to it used to be set up as a florist.

I only do spray tanning and to be honest I would probably only open up Wednesday- Saturday (is this wise?)

Also do you think as its kind of a little outhouse lean to could this even work?? It would only be my tent etc I don't need huge amounts of space. The rent is pretty cheap for the location and rates are only £250 a year!

My main questions are do you think people would be put off by the actual premises? I have a very good reputation in my area so I am hoping that would help as would the position of the place. I just feel I need a more permanent base as being mobile I can Only fit so many people in and tend to turn work away.

What are people's thoughts?

Has it got heating, toilet & water?

As long as the outside & inside decor are nice it would work.
How about asking your regular clients their thoughts? X

Heating would be a must. Although, as it was a florist, they dont have heating so maybe not? If it had all the utilities then yes, it could work.

Kate

Thanks for your replies. It does have a toilet but yes I did think of the heating issue which is something I will need to check.

Heating could be some oil radiators which you could set on a timer maybe?
I get in around 8.30 and they dont tend to get going until 11ish - so I have a small convector to take the nip out of the air.

Another option would be is to insulate-put plasterboard up infront of insulation and then wallpaper

But sounds great -

As long as it looks welcoming and is clean and warm I am sure it will work fine. Although, I must say that I think mobile spray tanning has a certain advantage to it. Clients can stay at home in the pj's, don't have to find somewhere to park, don't have to run through the town with dark baggy clothes on and no make up after there tan. I suppose it depends on what sort of clients you already have and whether you think lots of them would be willing to come to a shop instead of staying at home and you going to them.

I think if you rented out a nail table as well it would work, that way it would be open all week, the nail clients would see there is spray tanning there and a converter heater would work to take the chill of, I've worked in a couple of places where that was the only heating, one of those was a tattooist and it kept the place warm enough for people to strip of for a tattoo.
At that sort of rent I think it's worth taking a chance on, but talk to your existing customers, see if they would like to come to a shop, most of mine do, granted it's a home salon, but they still have to travel to me and back home, it doesn't seem to bother them.
Also, it's easier to retail if you have a shop.

As long as it looks welcoming and is clean and warm I am sure it will work fine. Although, I must say that I think mobile spray tanning has a certain advantage to it. Clients can stay at home in the pj's, don't have to find somewhere to park, don't have to run through the town with dark baggy clothes on and no make up after there tan. I suppose it depends on what sort of clients you already have and whether you think lots of them would be willing to come to a shop instead of staying at home and you going to them.

This is the thing with mobile tanning it is one of those treatments people like having at home, the only downside for me being mobile is most of my clients want evenings after 7.30 so there is only so many I can do. It has got to the point where my other half is calling me the midnight spray tanner lol!

Latest posts

Back