Cravings, etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had lots of different cravings really with both my kids but the ones that stick in my mind are
i totally went off coffee with both of them
...1st child...milk drank pints and pints at the beginning of preg
........onion ring crisps (still love em'but ate tonnes )
.......the smell of petrol
....the smell of new magazines ...id open them in shops and sniff away into the pages,
and toothpaste ,i used to eat it out of the tube ,i even took mini tubes to school and ate it at break times,
...2nd child.....milk again id drink about6 pints a day (and she has beautiful white teeth which she got very early,and when she was about 1 she broke a coller bone,and we didnt even know for 4 days....she hardly cried or anything ,BIG STRONG BONES lol
.smell of petrol again
.permanent markers ,i had my own special ones to sniff,i walked round with a tell tale black dot on my nose lol and im not lying !!!
and beef space raider crisps.

With my little girl Chloe i craved strawberrys....would get through loads in a day.

This might sound strange but the only thing that made me feel sick was the smell of certain perfumes.....?!?

Food definatly didnt make me feel sick i used to eat tons!

Leanne

I craved peanut butter, probably because I was not allowed it. I also started eating condensed milk from the tin (mmmmm slimming). Now I can not eat roast pork and the smell of it cooking makes me want to vomit.

Oh and also I can't eat peanuts, they make me feel really sick. Garlic too, I am still loving eating it but it has been giving me a really bad tummy every time I eat it.....baby must hate it!

Oh and loving KFC and McDonalds!

Ive never been preggers but I have heard stories of women craving things like, petrol? and coal? :rolleyes: That just scares me!!!!:eek:

Tsia said:
Ive never been preggers but I have heard stories of women craving things like, petrol? and coal? :rolleyes: That just scares me!!!!:eek:

Thank god that haven't had any of that!

When i was expecting,i ate shepards pie almost every da,i didn't realise it was a craving until i was about six months gone and Lee said can we have something else for tea love ? Lmao.

Before i took a test i knew i was pg because i went down stairs to ask Lee's mum what was for tea,ad smelt fish and chips,i had to run straight to the loo and i didn't touch them again til he was about two ! ( how gutting is that? )

well im due 26th aug and boys its been interesting...
ive been craving ice cubes... i sit and crunch them all the time - its driving everyone mad!! i've completely gone off tea and toast :irked: but i really like coffee now which i used to hate.. but most of all Riesens! If anyone else actually knows what they are cos for some odd reason (sorry about the pun) not many people know what they are!

xxx

CND-Tech said:
well im due 26th aug and boys its been interesting...
ive been craving ice cubes... i sit and crunch them all the time - its driving everyone mad!! i've completely gone off tea and toast :irked: but i really like coffee now which i used to hate.. but most of all Riesens! If anyone else actually knows what they are cos for some odd reason (sorry about the pun) not many people know what they are!

xxx

Riesens are lovely but not alot of shops sell them... Co-op does!!!

i have gone off SEX - big time!

i hate it, can't stand it!

poor Chris! LOL

I found out I was pregnant with my third on Christmas Day, because the smell of the turkey I'd been cooking was making me so nauseous I had to go & lie down. I missed dinner and my mum knew instantly. The test a week later proved I was definitely pregnant. Still can't cook turkey.
With my first one I craved Mint Choc Chip Cornetto's, my hubby had to drive a 45 mile round trip one night to find some. (It was December!)
My cravings have all been stuff I liked anyway, just wanted much more of it, but the wierdest thing is when preggers I like to chew on sponges soaked in really cold water. Just love the texture of a really rough sponge. Only when pregnant though, I'm not a full time freak.:o

Leanneday85 said:
With my little girl Chloe i craved strawberrys....would get through loads in a day.

This might sound strange but the only thing that made me feel sick was the smell of certain perfumes.....?!?

Food definatly didnt make me feel sick i used to eat tons!

Leanne

Oh that reminds me, my maternity book said when you go into labour wear your favourite perfume, so I did, Big mistake! I can't stand the smell of Dior's Poison to this day, too much association with a nightmare birth!

I've never really eaten breakfast but since ive been preg I havent been able to move in the mornings till i eat! Last couple of mornings ive been craving fish (for breakfast?!) and i finally couldn't help but give in this morning and ate a small tin of pilchards in tomatoe sauce - the minute i finished and looked at the tin i was like 'urrghhhhhhh why did i do that' and felt extremely sick. Thing is, I've got a feeling it will be back tomorrow :irked: .

I've also been eating a lot more than i have in years (self confessed serial dieter!) but im only ever hungry in the mornings, then later in the day i dont feel like eating at all until all (and running a list through my head of what i might eat for lunch - i just dont fancey anything) then all of a sudden i feel light headed etc, then i now i must eat something (still not really actually feeling like consuming anything and theres still nothing i fancey) BUT once i start eating something im like a savaging animal and cant get enough of it!!! CRAZY!:eek:

Did anyone else have anything similar to this??:rolleyes: x

I craved coal on all three but ended up crunching my way through thousands of ice cubes. At least I saved on calories.

My cravings weren't anything too bizarre!...

Fab Ice Lolly's and Coco Pops by the bowlfuls, I went through boxes and boxes of them the whole way through!!

I just over indulged with everything really!

Totally went off tinned hotdog sausages, made me ill and I didn't touch these for ages afterwards either as reminded me of being sick!

With my first I didn't get any cravings at all, just went off tea and coffee.

This time I am just getting through the sickness and loss of appetite phase so not been eating much at all but I am looking forward to getting my appetite back and going out for a good wholesome pub meal!

My partner was sick of salmon, stir fry and jacket potato. We had it every day for about four months. My little boy loves salmon though!!!!!

My craving during my first pregnancy was smelling moth balls - very weird, had them everywhere even in the car.
With the second I went off tea, coffee & milk.
However, with my third I had to sniff fire lighters - very unsociable indeed. Even used to crush them into little pieces to get more 'smell' out of them!!!

first pegnancy i craved..... picked cockles and cherries (yes together) picallili by the jar and crab sticks... my son hate all of them,

Second pregnacy was.. milk (12 pints a day) and frazzels (shops own bag,, you know the large ones, bacon shaped crisps) again son hates them..

went off chinise food (cant spell) could smell a shop a mile off and would start to vomit poor hubby used to have to find other routes home as they were everywhere..

I also tried the... waking up in middle of night craveing and sending the hubby out to get it.. and my poor sucker of a hubby drived all around town trying to find crab sticks and defrosting them as quick as he could, he did it the first babe but refused point blank the second, he just mad sure the house was full of what i needed before he went to bed ... lol.. he sused me out quick... pmsl:biggrin:

With my first I craved mint impereials(sp?) i used to eat so many of them they gave me a dodgy tummy! With 2nd and 3rd I craved mince meat - like spagetti bol, or cottage pie etc, and I dont usually eat meat! With my last I craved food in general, I just wanted to eat all the time! With all my pregnacies Ive gone off tea and coffee.:Love:

Latest posts

Back