Cravings, etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingertips ND

Brand New Mummy Geek
Reaction score
I was just stood in the kitchen making a brew for everyone at work when I started thinking about how weird it is that I can't stand coffee now i'm pregnant and I loved it before!

What:

One thing did you crave for
One thing did you completely go off
What have you never touched since having kids that you loved before

i craved cola cubes for joe
oranges for ashley
and tortilla chips and cheese dip for paul
i totally went off indian take away and toast for all 3
still not fond of indian food even now

I hate tea - it makes me sick, only when I am pregnant though.

I crave jam on toast lately, which is doing my blood sugar levels no good whatsoever!!! :eek: The past week I have had at LEAST 4 slices and I have even started eating twix' in the morning.... urgh :eek:

When I was having my daughter I craved fruit salads/black jacs and McDonalds chicken sandwiches - nothing weird, just BIG quantities

Have totally gone off pate altogether, which is a shame because I used to love it so much

Fingertips ND said:
I was just stood in the kitchen making a brew for everyone at work when I started thinking about how weird it is that I can't stand coffee now i'm pregnant and I loved it before!

What:

I craved ice lollies and cucumber with my 1st pregnancy and none with the other three, I was well past my due date on my 3rd pregnancy and took castoroil to speed things up and now I can't pour cookingoil not the fat fryeror frying panwithout feeling sick!

my cravings are: prawn coctail crisps, pineapple, kinder chocolate and revels

i cant stand coffee or the smell of bacon

hi vick

i craved for tesco jam doughnuts and loads of orange squash, craved for food in general, but i did go of tea x i know someone who craved raw potatoe skin urgghh x

jules x

Fingertips ND said:
my cravings are: prawn coctail crisps, pineapple, kinder chocolate and revels

i cant stand coffee or the smell of bacon

Awww its horrible but I've got to say, for me anyway, the sickness and the tiredness etc passes but I couldn't drink tea all through my pregnancy... and brushing my teeth makes me sick every other day :eek:

I craved choccy digestives smeared in peanut butter with lewis can't stand peanut butter .with james I could'nt stand being near a fridge let alone opening 1 I would be sick strange:!:

i'm just glad my sickness has gone!

i'd say i get an idea of what i want to eat in my head and i have to have it rather than actually cravings for a certain item.

i made chris go and buy icing covered doughnuts the other day and i also drink orange juice for fun.

oh one other thing i won't touch now is coke - ewww

with my first one I craved Tacos.....
my second was sardines in mustard with saltines.....
my third was iced tea......
now after all my kids the smell warm milk makes me want to hurl!:confused:

when i was pregnant with Martine i craved ice cubes, i would go to tesco and buy those big bags of them then munch away! when i was pregnant the smell of a fry up or chips or cigarette smoke would make me vomit! and it still does :eek: my daughter is 8 and i still dont have a frying pan because of this. in fact i find im sensitive to most smells now where as before i was pregnant i didnt care. my boyfriend is fed up of always having to go to the cafe for a fry up:lol: xx

i craved ice lollies, especially the ones with ice cream in the middle......i used to eat them at all hours through the night, waking my fiance up to go to the freezer to get me them.....lol

i was really sick after eating chicken kiev one night and i couldnt stand anything with garlic after that.......and i now eat bananas and i couldnt stand them before :) ....still dont like the smell of them though :irked:

stanleyann

I loved McDonalds chips dipped in Mcflurry icecream, still do now. Dont think that I ever went off anything:rolleyes:

One thing did you crave for maltesers and mint sauce, but not together!
One thing did you completely go off Couldn't cook mince
What have you never touched since having kids that you loved before Their dad!!! (my now ex husband!!!!0

Sassy Hassy said:
One thing did you crave for maltesers and mint sauce, but not together!
One thing did you completely go off Couldn't cook mince
What have you never touched since having kids that you loved before Their dad!!! (my now ex husband!!!!0

I have been craving mint sauce too with ANYTHING!
Also crisps....about 7 bags a day!
Krispy Krem doughnuts.

I have gone off cooking beef stew blluurrrggghhhh!!!! The smell of it actually makes me gag.
Gone off lasagne.

Sassy Hassy said:

I forgot that one, yes, I went off my kids dad too! lol

When my sister was pregnant , she kept eating soil from the garden lol she loved it xxx

good one sassy had a chuckle at that one :lol:

Fingertips ND said:

What:

Firstly,hope your back is better today.I craved boild eggs and raw carrots.The carrot thing was mad.Even went round my neigbours desperate for a carrot.The other thing was,not to eat but smell, new plimsoles.When I was pregnant with my third child I had to buy the eldest some new plimsoles for school.I couldn't stop smelling them.I was like a women posessed.If I could have eaten them I would have.My hubby got really worried in case it would damage the baby.I went off being around raw meat.I couldn't wash it(sunday roast joint) my hubby was very good and did this for me every Sunday,whilst I stayed outta the kitchen.It used to make me feel really sick.I didn't go off anything once the children were born.I'm back to normal now,and as my kids dont wear plimsoles anymore not sure if I still have a fetish.Makes me smile just thinking about it.

First child: Off coffee. Liked Tea. Wall sicky for 7 months and could only tollerate ice, ice lollies, bottles of water that had been frozen or boiling hot tomato soup... had to be boiled up at least 4 times whilst eating it. Couldnt stand the smell of my kitchen so didnt do any cooking, but could manage a meal if I went to my mums?

Second child: Off coffee .. liked tea. Had 2 months where I couldnt get enough oranges and orange juice. Was ill for 3 months (jauduce not pregnancy so missed out on the early cravings I think).

Third child: Off coffee .. liked tea. No cravings until they said I couldnt eat sweet and fat things due to gestational diabetes.. so of course I craved anything sweet. Went mad after I had had him and ate a full tin of roses over Christmas almost to myself !!! Oh humm... the joys huh!

Latest posts

Back