Crazy ? about Brisa Gel & glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15+isenough

Reaction score
I am a nail tech who is not real familiar with any of the Gel systems out there. I have been doing nails forever and glitter gel toes have become a huge fad in my area. Because I am the old lady in our nail department I have a couple newbies trying to tell me that gel top coat can be used as gel (I am pretty sure I already know the answer). The process they are using is applying the uv gel bonder, curing 10 sec. applying the top coat and glitter, curing, applying top coat again and curing........what are the chances these nails or toes will stay on?

In my experience they will stay on - about 6 weeks. My junior therapist did my toes for New Years with this method and they only came off recently. We normally use brisa sculpting gel, sprinkle with glitter and cure. Then we do another layer of sculpting gel, cure, then top gloss and cure. This time though, she wanted to try using the top gloss as the first layer of gel to save time and it worked fine.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but with brisa the UV top gloss and the sculpting gel are the same product. The top gloss just has a thinner consistency, but the product is the same.

Best bet is to try them on yourself and test it out.

In my experience the glitter toes stay on really well just using the CND Top Coat Finishing gloss from the Brisa Gels.

Toes really don't get allot of wear and tear, at least not as much as fingernails, and as you know are more protected with hosiery and shoes and we find that using the Brisa Finishing Gloss is quite adequate. However, if you are quite happy using the same method but using the Clear Builder gel and just painting it on, you will get the same result., so go for it if you prefer.

I am very interested in this thread... I have been using IBD gels for years.. I bought a BRISA clear gel top coat... and it has been siting in my drawer for about 12months..
I will try this method.. got to be easier as it has the brush aleady in the bottle.. which i love..
thanks for posting this.. I would never have thought about trying that. xx

After 12 months, you might want to get a new bottle of Brisa Gloss. :)

Hmmmm I didnt think about the 12m months shelf life thing.... well i will try on my own toes and see what happens..
I stopped using it becuase i didnt have the brisa lamp and it wasnt setting well.. still dull and yuck.
now i have a better light i will see what happens

Hmmmm I didnt think about the 12m months shelf life thing.... well i will try on my own toes and see what happens..
I stopped using it becuase i didnt have the brisa lamp and it wasnt setting well.. still dull and yuck.

Mel, you need high intensity UV bulbs to set Brisa. It's not the wattage or the type of lamp, but the type of bulbs in the lamp that is important.

Brisa is a cool gel (no intense heat spike) because it contains less photo-initiators than other gels which is why it needs more intense UV than ordinary gels to cure it. HTH

Ive had some of my gels for well over a year and they are absolutely fine x

Ive had some of my gels for well over a year and they are absolutely fine x

Me too. In fact I've had some for longer. :eek: Still working fine.

Thanks for that info..
Geeg, I will be investing in the brisa uv light....but i will wait until i have the time and money to invest in some cnd training...... might even get that on an over seas trip in the future.
annabanna.. thanks.. i will hold on to it for a little longer then xx

Latest posts

Back