Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Because anyone can claim to do nails and such, when really they have no idea what they're doing. I know so many people who've set up pages on FB advertising nails and hair, with no qualifications.

And then there are us, professionals to the nth degree, who run home based salons, and appear in Vogue, Professional Beauty, The Salon, The Guild Gazette, Guild News, Vitality, Woman and Home, Hampshire Life, Berkshire Life etc, and who have celebrity clients, royalty, titled people as clients, and who can count industry luminaries as friends, and have international distributorships, all out of our back bedrooms.

Just sayin'

And then there are us, professionals to the nth degree, who run home based salons, and appear in Vogue, Professional Beauty, The Salon, The Guild Gazette, Guild News, Vitality, Woman and Home, Hampshire Life, Berkshire Life etc, and who have celebrity clients, royalty, titled people as clients, and who can count industry luminaries as friends, and have international distributorships, all out of our back bedrooms.

Just sayin'

I'm not saying it doesn't work, because obviously it does otherwise it wouldn't be a growing thing. I guess it's just preference.

Because anyone can claim to do nails and such, when really they have no idea what they're doing. I know so many people who've set up pages on FB advertising nails and hair, with no qualifications.
Anyone can also claim to do nails in a salon or rented beauty room. Lets face it, there are ways round everything if you put your mind to it but I think there are a lot of geeks on here that will disagree with you!

Anyone can also claim to do nails in a salon or rented beauty room. Lets face it, there are ways round everything if you put your mind to it but I think there are a lot of geeks on here that will disagree with you!

Oh I know there is, and I can understand why people do it from home, I have friends which work from home. I think how I said it was a bit broad, and I only meant it in a matter of opinion.

I guess it's just preference.

For whom?
For the discerning client who appreciates the flexibility, privacy, intimacy, personal service and abundant free parking?
Or for those with delicate sensibilities?

I've been to some properly shonky, dirty, outdated, cold, dismal, dark salons in my time. My clients get treatment and service rarely found in even the most rarefied spa setting, and all from the spare bedroom.

For whom?
For the discerning client who appreciates the flexibility, privacy, intimacy, personal service and abundant free parking?

I've been to some properly shonky, dirty, outdated, cold, dismal, dark salons in my time. My clients get treatment and service rarely found in even the most rarefied spa setting, and all from the spare bedroom.

Don't be offended by what I'm saying, because it isn't my intention at all, and I know there are tonnes of outdated salons. And like I said, I can understand why people prefer working at home, and why it appeals to clients. All I mean is, matter of opinion. I much prefer my home life, and work life on different buildings.

Seen one today full set of acrylics for £6 and shes mobile totally unreal these prices x

It's simple, it's always the dumb girls who can't do sums. They have no idea about profit and Spends. They think they are earning but they not getting much more than a couple of pounds profit it's really quite funny they have no idea! I just laugh at it. They don't last long.

For whom?

Well said! 'I heart you as I'm on a phone :)

My home salon is completely professional and I use 100% CND products & procedures. 3 salons right by me don't.
Vicki x

I think tonight I have seen something quite scary!!

Status I quote "full head of used extensions, have only been worn for 10 weeks so are still in good condition. I can fit them for £50"

I'm not a hair professional but this is so wrong!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I think tonight I have seen something quite scary!!

Status I quote "full head of used extensions, have only been worn for 10 weeks so are still in good condition. I can fit them for £50"

I'm not a hair professional but this is so wrong!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

So wrong and so gross!!

Lynne Baker you are soooo right! I do Gelish and Nouvatan part time in my "salon" AKA spare bedroom. I work full time in my office job but I've got 6 tans tomorrow and 3 on Saturday at my "normal" price of £15. I've also got loads of Gelish clients at £20 because they've all been told I offer a good service. There are people on FB offering Fake Bake for £7 mobile and I just ignore them. I advertised today on FB and 4 people commented saying, Jo does a fab tan, loved it, well worth the money, best tan I've had etc. etc. That's my advertising, recommendations are the way to get clients, not offering crap tans/nails for cheap prices. X

Choose any 3 treatments for £25 or five treatments for £40 ♥ manicure ♥ pedicure ♥ Geleration nails ♥ Geleration toes ♥ ♥ Minx ♥ leg wax ♥ under arm wax ♥ bikini wax ♥ fore arm wax ♥ back wax ♥ chest wax ♥ eyebrow shape ♥ eyelash & eyebrow tint ♥ hotstone back massage ♥ neck, face, & scalp massage ♥ ; )

Just seen this on fb is she nuts?

YES! :eek:[/QUOTE]

I see loads local salons offering this service, at least 3 salons i could easily list. :/

Eeesh! £15 for a half head foils. £10 cut and blowdry.

Lynne Baker you are soooo right! I do Gelish and Nouvatan part time in my "salon" AKA spare bedroom. I work full time in my office job but I've got 6 tans tomorrow and 3 on Saturday at my "normal" price of £15. I've also got loads of Gelish clients at £20 because they've all been told I offer a good service. There are people on FB offering Fake Bake for £7 mobile and I just ignore them. I advertised today on FB and 4 people commented saying, Jo does a fab tan, loved it, well worth the money, best tan I've had etc. etc. That's my advertising, recommendations are the way to get clients, not offering crap tans/nails for cheap prices. X
Personally, I think you are underselling at £15 for a spray tan.

I saw someone advertising on Fb a pedicure for ... £3 !!

Personally, I think you are underselling at £15 for a spray tan.

Depends on your area - you would be hard pushed to find a salon charging much more than that over where I am at the moment. Thats for salons who aren't trying to do crazy low prices :)

I've found they range from about £10-30 here x

I charge £22 more expensive than most here and crazie busy im wrecked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back