Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to charge £20 10 years ago for a manual st. Tropez! I really hate our training and hard work being devalued and under sold. It really cheapens the industry. If your good at what you do and offer a professional service then clients will pay (especially if you give value for money).

For whom?
For the discerning client who appreciates the flexibility, privacy, intimacy, personal service and abundant free parking?
Or for those with delicate sensibilities?

I've been to some properly shonky, dirty, outdated, cold, dismal, dark salons in my time. My clients get treatment and service rarely found in even the most rarefied spa setting, and all from the spare bedroom.

Well said Lynne
X

Don't be offended by what I'm saying, because it isn't my intention at all, and I know there are tonnes of outdated salons. And like I said, I can understand why people prefer working at home, and why it appeals to clients. All I mean is, matter of opinion. I much prefer my home life, and work life on different buildings.

I completely agree with you. Yours is a different opinion to the majority so you're likely to get penalised unfortunately! I wouldn't want to go into someone's house to get my nails done. Like you said, it's personal preference. And before someone asks, it's my personal preference, and just because it's different to other peoples, doesn't mean it's wrong!

Sorry - but I think new users really do get attacked on this forum sometimes. Some users just can't accept that some people hold opinions that are different to those that they hold themselves. Strangely enough!

I completely agree with you. Yours is a different opinion to the majority so you're likely to get penalised unfortunately! I wouldn't want to go into someone's house to get my nails done. Like you said, it's personal preference. And before someone asks, it's my personal preference, and just because it's different to other peoples, doesn't mean it's wrong!

Sorry - but I think new users really do get attacked on this forum sometimes. Some users just can't accept that some people hold opinions that are different to those that they hold themselves. Strangely enough!

Sooo right.

I saw someone advertising on Fb a pedicure for ... £3 !!
Beggars belief.

My file and polishes were cheap at a fiver... (*cough*12*cough* years ago :eek:)

OR!! (puts devils advocates hat on).

Or they're not as mad/weird/propped up by welfare as you think they are.

Perhaps these low prices are "loss-leaders", maybe they're getting people in with a marquee low price with the intention of gaining a repeat customer who they can then "upsell" other services to.

I'm not an expert in nail pricing (we run an extensionists with a posh-bird clientele, price isn't a MASSIVE issue for us, quality is) - but this kind of pricing policy isn't that unusual in the service industry.

There's a difference between people naively trying to undercut people and then giving a crap service (they'll be out of business in 12 months, I see this all the time in the design industry where someone with a copy of Photoshop is suddenly a graphic designer) and people trying a clever (and proven) sales technique.

Just a thought anyway :)
Couldn't agree with you more Carl!
Still annoying though 😡❗

I got my nails done in someones house before xmas and tbh I felt so awkward, I couldnt relax and I wouldnt do it again. The woman had done nothing wrond she had a room just for doing nails a nail bar everything was professional I just didnt feel comfortable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I got my nails done in someones house before xmas and tbh I felt so awkward, I couldnt relax and I wouldnt do it again. The woman had done nothing wrond she had a room just for doing nails a nail bar everything was professional I just didnt feel comfortable.

Exactly. I would feel very awkward in that scenario, whereas some other people would be perfectly fine. It's nothing to do with the technician or her/his attitude, it's just a very unfamiliar situation to some people who aren't used to having their nails done at someone's house. It doesn't mean that the opinion is wrong by any means.

I have just seen an ad for a Brazilian for £6! This includes......wait for it......a 10 minute leg massage???!!!?????

How utterly bizarre. Am I being naïve and this is a code for something untoward?

J

How strange, a leg massage? lol

Hi guy's I see salon's in my area offer mad prices all the time, but I have been in business for 13years now, I believe you should always up sell treatments & products i.e book 6 get 7 one free etc! And if some clients want cheap! Let them go cheap, I buy real products, don't cut corners and pay my bills and my wage

£5 for cnd acrylics! Diabolical!

My god that is crazy!! You would use nearly £5 of product doing a full set for that price!! I charged £10 whilst training and now charge £25 which is average for where I live I have seen shellac offered for £2.50!!!

Today i saw a spray tan, nail extensions, express pedicure, brow wax, brow tint and lash extensions for £35!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

There's a local girl on fb with a business page offering a full set of gel extensions and a full body spray tan for £23... Seriously?!!

"Fiver fridays" that is the cheapest ive seen up to now. .. fridays of all days lol

So narked off this arvo, a girl local to me has posted a price list on a local facebook for sale group for gelish manicures £10, how is that even profitable?!

£5 for acrylic nails anything they want even nail art

Full set l&p you and a friend £19???!!!!

Gel overlays £8 & extensions for £10! !!
With the added comment if book now to avoid dissapointment!!eeek
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

My god that is crazy!! You would use nearly £5 of product doing a full set for that price!! I charged £10 whilst training and now charge £25 which is average for where I live I have seen shellac offered for £2.50!!!

No way! your aving us on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back