Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two latest shokers on facebook :D

Swarovski crystal pedicure £8!!
(hmm bet theyre real)

£10 gel polish get both fingers and toes done for that on a thursday :sad: poor girl is renting a space too.

Jesus wept - It'll cost her 3 times that, that's worse than a giveaway. Poor girl.

I saw an offer on groupon shallac and blow dry £15 baring in mind groupon take a percentage of that too x there mad x

I saw

Acrylic nail £10
Gel nails £10
Individual eyelash extensions £10

Unbelievable

One of my own friends..well ish who im not even sure is qualified, is charging £12 for a full body massage!! a bikini wax is cheaper than a lip wax :S and all all her waxing stupidly cheap then at the end it says...*** any two waxing for £10*** really? totally undercutting me, not to mention one of my clients commented on her facebook (whos also friends with her) saying "oooh can you do my eyebrows" guess whos gonna have to fix them when she has half an eyebrow left grr lol

oh yeah i forgot to mention...shes mobile :p so so petrol charges?
xxxx

***no petrol charges lol sorry xx

Gelish £12 and a free eyebrow wax... :eek:

£160 for 300 hair extension bonds fitted, the deposits £60 which we all know what that means ;-) can you imagine lol!! They look as bad as they sound too

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

£160 for 300 hair extension bonds fitted, the deposits £60 which we all know what that means ;-) can you imagine lol!! They look as bad as they sound too

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Lol yes we do indeed!!! How dumb.

Are you all sure these arnt just set up prices to get people in? Or maybe a sale this month? If not then yes these girls are stupid and not making much at all but they will soon realise and they will shoot prices up and loose the skanky clients :)

Shellac mani and pedi, full set individual eyelash extension and eyebrow shape £50... REALLY?!!
I know she uses real shellac too!!x

Further to my last post about the £4 nails.

They work in a conservatory and none are qualified.

They are now offering hair services

- £10 cap highlights
- £15 full head foils
£10 root colour

Full head of microrings £25 :O

The state of people's hair that they are posting pictures of are atrocious.

Saw one today offering this for £30... Shellac mani and pedi, eyebrow and lash tin, eyebrow shape and a spray tan!!! I asked whether it was CND Shellac and she said, no it's Jessica Shellac. She had lots of comments and I know I shouldn't have but I was so fuming that I said, if you're not aware Shellac is a brand, not a service. Jessica's gel polish is called Geleration but then if you were a qualified nail technician then you'd know that. Keep thinking I should feel bad but I just DON'T!! Have now noticed the thread has disappeared and she has done another one offering Jessica Geleration with a link to her website which says she is NVQ qualified and that Geleration is the same as Shellac. Whatever...

I just got a groupon email telling me I can have a Brazilian/Hollywood wax for £9.
Jeepers!

£45 for a 15 min back, neck and shoulders massage....this is a salon across the road from the nail bar where I will be working. I personally think this is over priced. I have been taught a back massage should be 30 mins. But I'm just starting out in massage. x

I just saw Eyebrow, Underarm, Bikini, and Full Leg Wax with Buff and Polish for Hands or Feet for £18!! Seriously?? Xx

I saw this price list on a hairdressers window the other day.

All for £9..
Cut and blowdry
Cap highlights
Men's cut
Semi colour
Hair up

Seriously?!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I just got a groupon email telling me I can have a Brazilian/Hollywood wax for £9.
Jeepers!

Not going near my nether regions for £9!

Just seen on gumtree...

Neck, shoulders & back massage £7

All waxing £6.

x

I had a client request full Swarovski toes, I hadn't done them before so did some research on here for pricing and the average was £50-60+ I told her how much i would charge and her reply was "well I can get it for £8 so no thanks" Couldn't believe it lol! I wanted to laugh and say there probably using cheap rhinestones from ebay! Don't worry I stayed professional lol god knows what kind of salon would offer such low prices!

£16 full body massage, facial, hopi ear candles

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back