Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked a local website in my area and someone is offering a full treatment if teeth whitening for........ £20!

Can we get back on track and topic here please....yes no text talk on the site, to keep the pro forms professional.
Also people if you can't say something nicely then maybe don't say it at all ?

Anyway, back on topic now.....

Well im home salon and out of all hair and beauty in my area im pretty sure im the most expensive and I'll will keep it that way :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Just seen an advert for Shellac or Gelish £12
Toes only £7
OR BOTH for £15....

The worst I have ever seen?

Acrylic nails full set £12 advertised outside a hair salon

Then, just a few weeks back, large department store nail brand offering manicures on the day at £5

I never thought I would ever see anything lower than the price on Gumtree advertising, but the £5 manicure topped it!

today on facebook Rockstar with shellac pigments for £8! includes a mini manicure, which surely is just a prep and file which come standard with any nail treatments. couldnt believe my eyes:eek:
mine are £20 and am now starting to think im too expensive?

today on facebook Rockstar with shellac pigments for £8! includes a mini manicure, which surely is just a prep and file which come standard with any nail treatments. couldnt believe my eyes:eek:
mine are £20 and am now starting to think im too expensive?

Mine are £20 also and I thought I was being cheap doing them for £15 in December! Lol x

willia61; Back on topic said:
Omg HDs for £7. Did you know you can contact HDs (they are n facebook as hd legal) and report them, just send them the link, and they sort it out.
X

£16 for a makeup lesson and i dread to think what someone might get taught for that:eek:!

I had a lady call me to ask the price of my spray tans. When i told her the price she said 'so and so down the road will do me a spray tan, full leg wax and paint my nails for £15' would i do her the same deal....I was speechless:eek:

I told her politely no!

Why sell yourself short. Its a business not a free for all.

x

Saw something on damn Groupon the other day, something like a gel f&p, eyebrow shape and party lashes all for £20! Just totally attracts the wrong kind of clientele. Why offer your services after you have spent you're own time in getting qualifications and working so hard to just offer it all for peanuts. It's beyon me.

Sorry posted twice!

Last edited:
Well now not only is it cheap treatments going about everywhere its cheap training!!!! My local groupon popped up in an email and seeing it mentioning the word eyelash I clicked on it. Only to my massive horror that a couple of girls who have set up their own business withinn a beauty salon, advertising for being trainers for eyelash extension, has only gone and done a groupon.....wait for it......a day course to become an eyelash technician £25!!!!!!!! I had to read it twice to double check I was reading properly but yes...... All in 6 hours ladies you can be fully qualified in eyelashes with a certificate and everything!! Talk about devaluing the industry! And yes it gets better over 90 people have brought it already.

I feel there might be a rush in correcting and saving a lot of people's lashes very soon :)

Well now not only is it cheap treatments going about everywhere its cheap training!!!! My local groupon popped up in an email and seeing it mentioning the word eyelash I clicked on it. Only to my massive horror that a couple of girls who have set up their own business withinn a beauty salon, advertising for being trainers for eyelash extension, has only gone and done a groupon.....wait for it......a day course to become an eyelash technician £25!!!!!!!! I had to read it twice to double check I was reading properly but yes...... All in 6 hours ladies you can be fully qualified in eyelashes with a certificate and everything!! Talk about devaluing the industry! And yes it gets better over 90 people have brought it already.

I feel there might be a rush in correcting and saving a lot of people's lashes very soon :)

Thats quite scary!
Ive recently seen on groupon a salon close to me doing Luxury pedicure and shellac for hands or feet £16!!

I've never had a good treatment from Groupon. I'm sure there are some people who use it to increase their customers and provide an excellent service but all the treatments I've had so far have been awful definitely nothing that would make me go back. I think they over subscribe so much that they cut cornersto fit everyone in.

One salon I went to was for a £13 'luxury spa' manicure and pedicure :eek: at the time I'd never had a professional treatment before and I hadn't started training so I didn't really know what to expect. The girl admitted she had been doing nothing but This Groupon treatment all day every day for over a month booked solid and was still not through everyone who had bought. I got dumped in a back room with my feet in a questionable foot bath, she gave my soles a quick once over with a foot file, cut my toenails and slapped on some polish. She then took me through the front (in bare feet through the salon), filed and polished my fingernails and that was me done. Not even a topcoat, no cuticle work, nothing. She then hustled me to the cash desk (straight away no drying time) and I smudged 4 nails trying to get my voucher out of my bag. When I pointed it out she just shrugged and walked away.

So for ages I thought that's what a luxury manicure and pedicure was and never went for another because I could do a better job myself at home. Now I realise that what I actually got was a file and polish and even then it wasn't a good one.

There is a facebook page for buying and selling in our local area and I have just seen someone offering bottles of 'bluesky shellac' for just 7 euros...someone asked if it was real shellac as it didnt say CND and they posted the reply "it's exactly the same as cnd but another brand. We have sold thousands of bottles with no complaints"....not only that you can buy the UV lamps off of them to......there was also a girl up the road doing a shellac manicure for 10 euros, and not on offer...that was the genuine price, shes salon based so quite how she was making any profit on that I dont know....'bluesky' shellac strikes again me thinks!!!!

Today's Gumtree gem- full set of semi permanent eyelash extensions for £15 :eek: 'working with the best quality products' apparently :rolleyes:

Oh and someone looking for a spray tan in December for under £8.

I was quite shocked to see a local salon have "fiver Friday" this including brow wax and tint, shellac, tan. I am not a beautician but surly it is just about covering cost of product.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

@Bbeaut amen! Said exactly what I was thinking.

£5 dry trim... £12.50 cut and blow dry... £7.50 spray tan £11.50 delux hour long facial... The list goes on... It's a salon where I used to work.. Crazy prices!!!!! Xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back