Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen £10 hollywood wax. Seriously and fhis girl should know far better then that as she is qualified!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just seen £10 hollywood wax. Seriously and fhis girl should know far better then that as she is qualified!

Perhaps she doesn't feel confident enough and is trying to get people to practice on? Or she might be ridiculously fast and gets them done in 15mins! Lol x

Why yes I have! I believe we're talking about crazy prices, the worst we've seen! And not whether they are doing it as a hobby, or uninsured. It's actually all about silly prices :)

Oh Please.... REALLY!
"3.36, 9.69, 1.29, 6.99 Shellac, lashes, make-up, brow tint" doesn't make for very good reading does it! Well it doesn't to me!

Looks like this thread is going off track...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just seen in one of the local salons nouveau lashes for £25 and add the spray tan for £5!!! Emmmm, really????? To be honest round here where i live prices surprise me every day!

Lol yes I think this thread should go back to it's intended topic xx

Last edited:
I knew someone who was doing an offer for 50% off everything! Even colours they were charging only £20 for! How do they make any money! Some people are just really desperate for clients they think if they lower their prices they will get lots of clients, but it doesn't work like that x

They are ALL £7per set where I live! Standard! £10 is considered expensive to be honest!!!!

Where on earth do you live in London?

Where on earth do you live in London?

haha south east London- peckham, camberwell, bermondsey. all the Chinese and vietnamese salons round here charge approx £7 for a full set acrylics!!! ridiculous!!!

haha south east London- peckham, camberwell, bermondsey. all the Chinese and vietnamese salons round here charge approx £7 for a full set acrylics!!! ridiculous!!!

Exactly the same round my area, they all use drills and charge £10 the queue for them is ridiculous they have a number ticket system like in Argos lol!

I saw a salon advertising £10 to colour your hair if you bring in a box dye! - CRINGE!

Omg that must be the worst ive read!!!! Thats ridiculous?!?!?

Omg that must be the worst ive read!!!! Thats ridiculous?!?!?

Lol there is a girl in my area that charges only £10 if you bring your own box colour. I couldn't believe it.

Laura x

Orly gel FX £8.00 a set.......jeepers I'm rubbing my eyes and hoping when I refocus it's a typo!!!!

Talk about undervaluing your skills, training and the brand you work with.

A file and polish in the salon I worked in in 1997 was £6.50.....come on, good value is one thing a total giveaway is another :0/

:eek:

Exactly the same round my area, they all use drills and charge £10 the queue for them is ridiculous they have a number ticket system like in Argos lol!

Sad isn't it!

Wow. I thought you were kidding! It must be so tough in those areas. They must be genius up sellers to be staying in business!

Wow. I thought you were kidding! It must be so tough in those areas. They must be genius up sellers to be staying in business!

No they aren't it's just they buy rubbish cheap products from china and have loads of customers. the amount of people round here that do their nails is ridiculous. They have endless quantities of customers most of them school girls though. However for serious nail techs or ppl trying to provide a high quality service (like me) it's kind of hard to get anywhere round here!

There's a place in bluewater that is doing Shellac for £32 which I think is quite a lot! When I actually had a look at what they use..... bluesky and cco.... what a con!!! What can I even do about it? Nothing :( x

There's a place in bluewater that is doing Shellac for £32 which I think is quite a lot! When I actually had a look at what they use..... bluesky and cco.... what a con!!! What can I even do about it? Nothing :( x

Omg I noticed that too! Such a rip off! I noticed they use opi as well, really expensive though..

What's the name of the place at Bluewater...I have to check it out too.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

What's the name of the place at Bluewater...I have to check it out too.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

I will pm you x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back