creative enamels thickening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My clients dont have access to my varnishes - I have colour pops for all of the colours so they dont need to.
All our polishes are on our 2 manicure desks.They are all on stands.It can be a right pain,have to say.The other day had one client who had taken some cotton wool rounds,she had then painted a dab of colour from about 5 different polishes. Really peed off about it.Cotton wool fibres all over the damned brushes.I was carrying out a treatment in room so first I knew about it was when I came out with my previous client to reception area.:irked: Mmmm,say no more.

I own a tanning and nail salon and my Cream Puff bottles only last about a fortnight before I bin them ( I do lots of French Manicures). I only get down about a third of the bottle before they are too thick to use. Perhaps If the white was supplied in smaller bottles - therefore less wastage perhaps I should suggest this to Creative.

No professional should be getting any polish on the bottle neck if they are using their brush properly. I never EVER have to wipe the neck of the bottle.

Always take the brush out of the bottle AWAY from yourself rather than pulling the brush out toward yourself and then turning the brush around to have the paint on the right side for polishing. It makes no sense. :eek: So much faster and more efficient too. So many do it the wrong way ... why?

This is the way I was taught, but it doesnt stop other clients, trying out the polishes, even when you have colour pops on display having a try. I am merely saying I always clean the neck of the bottle anyway as this is what I was taught and I was extremely happy with my vtct training and also taught this by the trainer at Calgel.

This is the way I was taught, but it doesnt stop other clients, trying out the polishes, even when you have colour pops on display having a try. I am merely saying I always clean the neck of the bottle anyway as this is what I was taught and I was extremely happy with my vtct training and also taught this by the trainer at Calgel.

No one is being critical of your methods or of your training. One however should not have a closed mind to newer or more efficient methods and if there is no need to waste time wiping the neck of bottles then why do it? Try a new technique and save your self some time, some remover, and some lint free pads ... makes sense to me.

Hi, thanks so much to everyone for replying, sorry i havent been back on about it, i haven't had a chance.
Sam said not to thin the enamels out, especially not with Stickey, (i was told thats what i should do!):eek:
If the white colour has gone thick, is there anything i could use to thin it if i'm stuck? It's not very often they get a fresh stock in work.
I actually prefer holding the bottle in my hand, i find it more comfortable, i get the job done faster and i can hold the bottle at a slant in order to get product on the brush if the bottle is only half full, know what i mean? Should i not do this? Is that contributing to the thickening do you think? Where do you guys put your bottle when your painting? If the bottle is only half full do you have to keep picking it up to use it?
I usually shake the bottle up and down, i know it doesn't look the most professional but i didn't think turning it upside down and rolling did much, i just imagined the little metal mixing ball inside the bottle is just sitting at the bottom. But if you reckon that way is better i'll do it.

Thanks again for your time. xxx

Rach.

Roll between the palms of your hands turning the bottle over several times. It will thin the enamel and mix it perfectly well without bubbles.

Nothing wrong with holding the bottle in your hand .. I certainly do and it is very quick and efficient but its not WRONG to not hold it if you can't do it.

You should have 2 bottles if you have a problem with the polish thickening. If they do not have the stock in the salon tell them to get the stock in the salon ... you need it to work. If you get complaints then it is down to them not having the tools you need.

Rolling the bottle between the palms of your hands to warm it.....well I tried this method of thinning the polish after reading it on here and I have to say.....IT WORKED!!!!!!! The enamel went on beautifully.....thanks Geeg!!! xxx

Rolling the bottle between the palms of your hands to warm it.....well I tried this method of thinning the polish after reading it on here and I have to say.....IT WORKED!!!!!!! The enamel went on beautifully.....thanks Geeg!!! xxx

It's not to warm it hun, IT IS HOW IT WORKS. CREATIVE ENAMELS ARE FORMULATED TO THIN WITH AGITATION (SORRY ABOUT CAPS) .. YOU ROLL THEM AND THEY THIN ... you leave them standing and they thicken temporarily until you roll them again. Of course it worked!!:)

This quality is known as thixotropic and is designed to make the enamel last longer for you because when the polish thickens the solvents evaporate much less quickly. It is the reason CND polishes last for such a long time and why CND do not sell thinners for their enamels ... cause they don't need it.

It's not to warm it hun, IT IS HOW IT WORKS. cREATIVE ENAMELS ARE FORMULATED TO THIN WITH AGITATION (SORRY ABOUT CAPS) .. YOU ROLL THEM AND THEY THIN ... you leave them standing and they thicken temporarily until you roll them again. Of course it worked!!:)

This quality is known as thixotropic and is designed to make the enamel last longer for you because when the polish thickens the solvents evaporate much less quickly. It is the reason CND polishes last for such a long time and why CND do not sell thinners for their enamels ... cause they don't need it.

I know this works because I have always done it even when younger and using the less known brands :)

It's not to warm it hun, IT IS HOW IT WORKS. cREATIVE ENAMELS ARE FORMULATED TO THIN WITH AGITATION (SORRY ABOUT CAPS) .. YOU ROLL THEM AND THEY THIN ... you leave them standing and they thicken temporarily until you roll them again. Of course it worked!!:)

WOW....Thanks Geeg, they say you learn something new everyday.....and I just have!!!:lol: Just got to memorise that long word 'thixotropic' so I can dazzle my clients with science!!!!LOL!!!!

Thank you XXXX

Latest posts

Back