Crystal Nails like these..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsByShakira

Reaction score
I want to practise doing nails like these.
I've ordered the rhinestones, in different sizes but what would I use to make sure they don't fall off? Strong nail glue? Shellac? But before I put the rhinestones on, I would use a glitter polish like they have in this picture - This service would come under nail art on my pricelist.

Shakira, x

2zzlou9.jpg

Wow there blinging! Not sure how long they would last tho xx

Hey, I had mine similar to this a few months ago but only blingy ring fingers. They embeded the stones into the CalGel and put a fine layer of clear over the top and cured. It last the whole 3 and half weeks until my next appointment. X

love them :) do u want to put the on ur natural nails ?

I'd go with glue. You could set them into gel but the gel under the stones wouldnt cure when placed in the lamp..... possibly an over exposure issue? xx

They are great! Try a resin xx

There lovely, think i'll have ago. Done a crystal pedicure before basically same. I would use gel, sprinkle glitter on the first layer. Cure. Then thin layer of gel and place crystals on. Cure. Wouldn't put gel over the top has it takes the sparkle away. But it may not last as long, trial and error.

Thanks everyone :green: I know, they're amazing right?

Faf - Yes. I'd like to try them on myself before I did them on clients, just to be sure lol.

MissOwen - I was thinking that shellac may not hold them so well as you said the layer underneath the rhinestones wouldn't cure.

Princess Layla - Can you suggest one? :biggrin:

Shakira, x

Last edited:
I'm just road testing crystals on my toes at the moment, I used cuccio resin & activator so far so good! I've applied them over a layer of shellac so that removal would be easier (I hope!).

How many different sizes have you ordered, and which sizes? :)

They would look good over rockstar very bling xx

Last edited:
You could set them into gel but the gel under the stones wouldnt cure when placed in the lamp..... possibly an over exposure issue? xx

Can you not set the crystals into the sticky inhibition layer after curing?

- Using gel polish - do what you would normaly do for prep and basecoat - cure

- choose a colour that is very transparent or one that you are happy will go with your blinging design - cure

- Adhere the crystals & maybe a sprinkle of glitter into the sticky layer

- Add your top coat and cure ;)

I have to say though that the image does not look like the crystals were adhered to last... using a topcoat would help make it last longer!

Last edited:
I'm just road testing crystals on my toes at the moment, I used cuccio resin & activator so far so good! I've applied them over a layer of shellac so that removal would be easier (I hope!).

How many different sizes have you ordered, and which sizes? :)

They would look good over rockstar very bling xx

Thanks! I've ordered 3 sizes - 1mm, 2mm & 4mm. I'm not sure how big or small they are, I just go by the smaller the number, the smaller the gem and vice versa. Thats right yes? Lol.

- choose a colour that is very transparent or one that you are happy will go with your blinging design - cure

I have to say though that the image does not look like the crystals were adhered to last... using a topcoat would help make it last longer!

Thanks GlamGlam - I'll try that. Also, I'll try it a glitter polish, place rhinestones on the wet polish, wait to dry & put shellac top coat over it.

That would work. The only thing I find with putting top coat over the gems is that it dulls them. They lose a lot of their sparkle.
Generally I would set them in the gel top coat if it was one or two small stones, but this design is mostly stones so would leave a lot of uncured gel.
Let us know how it goes when you try it though, the resin idea sounds good to me, must try that :) xx

That would work. The only thing I find with putting top coat over the gems is that it dulls them. They lose a lot of their sparkle.
Generally I would set them in the gel top coat if it was one or two small stones, but this design is mostly stones so would leave a lot of uncured gel.
Let us know how it goes when you try it though, the resin idea sounds good to me, must try that :) xx

Ah yes, the dulling of the gems! I am going to order some new crystals in and try this through the week... will get back on how it went too.

I would try pressing the gems into the sticky inhibition layer, back under the light for 30 secs or so, then rather than put a top coat of gel over the whole nail, try drizzling some clear gel between the gems to secure them in place. They will keep their shine and this eliminates the 'uncured gel' issue.

That would be good, if I had gel. I don't do acrylic or gel enhancements anymore.

I want to practise doing nails like these.
I've ordered the rhinestones, in different sizes but what would I use to make sure they don't fall off? Strong nail glue? Shellac? But before I put the rhinestones on, I would use a glitter polish like they have in this picture - This service would come under nail art on my pricelist.

Shakira, x

2zzlou9.jpg

oooh I like these. would love to wear them myself but not practical for work.:)

I would try pressing the gems into the sticky inhibition layer, back under the light for 30 secs or so, then rather than put a top coat of gel over the whole nail, try drizzling some clear gel between the gems to secure them in place. They will keep their shine and this eliminates the 'uncured gel' issue.

This is a great idea to drizzle - will try this technique on some nails and a total coat on on others to check the difference - Gems are on the way in post!

I haven't used fibreglass resin & activator for ages. What's the difference between brush-on resin and just.. resin? I can't remember lol.

Thanks,
Shakira x

Be careful drizzling! I did mine while watching x factor last night and got a bit carried away and am now conscious I put too much over. They still look great though and friends have commented today they look fantastic and I am only thnking there is too much top coat because I did them! I used Gelish base, then Vegas nights, popped on the gems then Gelish top coat x

Latest posts

Back