Custom blends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
I am a bit clueless on this...so I figured I would ask. Some of you talk about "custom blends" What exactly is this???

My client today wanted her nails fairly short...about to the tip of her fingers, but after I blended in the tip, etc she said "can you make them appear longer?" What is she talking about?? She said the oriental people do it. any clues?

My client today wanted her nails fairly short...about to the tip of her fingers, but after I blended in the tip, etc she said "can you make them appear longer?" What is she talking about?? She said the oriental people do it. any clues?

Hi there

Your 3 threads all seem to be relating to the same question... lol
I'm guessing that what she ment by 'making them appear longer' was that she wanted her nail beds extended. This is done using a custom blend powder (presuming you use a L&P system) which is not see through, so you can make it look like the nail bed is longer than it really is, meaning the nail will look much nicer and well balanced.

Does this make any sense to you? Sorry if it doesn't, I know what I mean :lol:

Take care

Hi,

She may also be asking for french tip, as the french look makes the nails look longer??

Hi,

I custom blend glitter colours in acrylic, and also some acrylic colours etc...

It's matching the powder colour to the clients skin tone...or covering probems such as white spots on the nail bed.

Most of us use a pink or clear powder for the nail bed but you can also get warm pinks, cool pinks, opaque pinks etc and then you can also mix your own powders up too to get the best match x

Sounds like she wanted you to extend her nailbeds with a custom blend and use either a white tip or paint a think line of white at the very end to make it look french.

I agree custom blend too....

It is a skill well worth having....you will have the advantage over techs who can't do this....
I for one, and I hear looooaaadss of women / young girls say how much they hate their fingers because they are so 'stumpy'
Extending the nail plate using a custom blended technique not only gives the illusion of sleeker nails, but also longer sleeker fingers.
It makes the hands look more elegant....
Who on earth wouldn't want that !!!!

The custom powders from CND are amazing, they come in 3 different colours to make it easeir to match to the skin tone of your client, they are opaque, but yet still look natural when matched to the correct skin tone.....
You just apply in place of your usual pink.....
I LOVE custom blending...

A custom blended manicure is a method of elongating the look of a short nail bed using opaque powders, that match a client's skin tone, and white powder or soft white powder or other for the free edge.

The opaque powders create a longer nail bed by covering the free edge of the natural nail and creating a new position for the new smile line.

A custom blended manicure is also a wonderful disguise for nail plates that may be damaged or have a small amount of onycholysis.

Custom blending is a fantastic technique that was introduced to the industry by CND about 5 years ago now when they introduced the first opaque powder. This technique has revolutionised what we can now offer clients in the way of nail enhancement. A complete new look ... makeover ... perfection.

Lol I have just replied to this in your other thread before seeing this one...........:lol:

Latest posts

Back