Customer complaint after 4 months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am i within my rights to refuse to take them off as i didnt do the set?
My worry is that she will bad mouth the shop?

You are WELL within your rights to refuse service (and refunds!) to ANYONE--particularly a client who has gone elsewhere and has SOMEONE ELSE'S nails on! She has essentially voided her guarantee by going elsewhere. It's not your work, you don't need to touch it, let alone service it or remove it. Have you even seen the state of her nails? OH, I could go on and on, here. :)

You are a professional. She isn't taking care of her nails properly. You don't owe her ANYTHING. And I wouldn't worry too much about her "badmouthing." The kind of people that would listen and believe her are the kind of people you don't want as clients. And also, there's the whole KARMA thang. Don't sweat it. :) HTH.

Thanks for all the replies ladies, i'm in work at 10, can't wait..lol

let us know how you got on vicki :hug:

Well she came in for her appointment and asked if my partner had told me what she had said yesterday, i told heri think she'd better explain.
She said that when she went to Oz the end of october she had a new set, the tech informed her that the green stain on 2 of her nails (not 10 like she tryed telling me) was due to lifting and water getting trapped. I then said was it on all ten? and she half heartedly said yes, whilst looking at her nails i asked why only 2 were stained and she said the tech had given her this really expensive treatment that you paint on the acrylic that soaks through to the natural nail and it makes the green go away...:eek: well i was shocked, i'v never heard of this magic liquid that costs a fortune..!! I explained that i have never heard of this product and there's no way it could work. I carried on soaking the nails off and she went onto say that she had infills the middle of August with my neice and a new set the end of october... she just keeped painting her nails and didnt see the green stain starting. No one looked at her nails for 8 weeks, i explained again that she needed to maintain them every 2/3 weeks because of the brake down of the product.

She went on to say that she wants nails back on after new year so i went on to say that i woujld only do them if she came in every 2 weeks and then gave her a price list..! charged her full price for the soak off and she tipped me...:eek:

Thanks for all the support ladies !! xx

brilliant vicki,
so basically it was her own fault, i wonder if she was making this "magic greenie vanisher" up.
sounds like you explained properly and made her realise she cant expect a set to last 8 weeks with no repercussions.

She sais that the tech had charged her a fortune because of the stains its was'nt straight foward and then sold her this product. All together she paid over $170 ? I dont know if the tech was trying it on or that was just her price..?

well dont hun you handled it great and even got a tip:)

it would be great if you knew what the najic cost a fortune stuff was:lol:

She sais that the tech had charged her a fortune because of the stains its was'nt straight foward and then sold her this product. All together she paid over $170 ? I dont know if the tech was trying it on or that was just her price..?

I don't know if she was trying it on either, but I like the Oz lady's style:lol:
Well done Vicky:hug:

Well done. Now if only I could learn to handle clients like that.

Give her a call and ask her if she could bring in this miracle greenie remover, so you can check it out and find out more info about it for her. (wink wink, nudge, nudge.) I wouldn't mind finding out more about it, ('cause I'm nosy):lol:

Give her a call and ask her if she could bring in this miracle greenie remover, so you can check it out and find out more info about it for her. (wink wink, nudge, nudge.) I wouldn't mind finding out more about it, ('cause I'm nosy):lol:

Bleach!:eek:

I dont know what it was but she said she was painting it on over her acrylic's....!

:eek:

I'd ask her to bring it in too.

i agree with mrs clooney.i would ask her why did they put a new set on in oz if she had infections.if they told her it was to protect her nails then i would also ask her why she wants you to take them off? she is taking the p*** out of you.i would charge her to soak them off them then just hope she dont come back.cause if you ask me you dont need clients like that sweetie.so tell her if she isnt happy with your service then to go somewhere else.you cant make things any worse as she has probably already bad mouthed you anyway.good luck.xxxxxxxxxxxxx :) and keep smiling

Latest posts

Back