Cuticle Oil containing nut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
I have a client coming tomorrow who's grandson (who she looks after regularly) has a VERY SEVERE ALLERGY TO NUTS
I notice almond oil is in the cuticle oil that I send all my clients home with.
Would he be allergic to this if she touched him after putting it on???????
If so what else would you recommend.

I have a client coming tomorrow who's grandson (who she looks after regularly) has a VERY SEVERE ALLERGY TO NUTS
I notice almond oil is in the cuticle oil that I send all my clients home with.
Would he be allergic to this if she touched him after putting it on???????
If so what else would you recommend.

This is a very good point, I didnt even think about this but well thought of. I personally wouldnt use it, not worth the risk so recommend another brand. Most chemist sell cuticle oil so they can purchase it themselves and read the ingredients in it. That way you are not responsible.

When my friend's son was diagnosed with a nut allergy, the docs told her that almond is one of the most reactive triggers for nut allergies.

I have a friend also who can't allow her kids to have products with nuts in due to her allergy. Last time her son had a chocolate/nut bar, he kissed her and hugged her about 3 hours later and she ended up in A&E with lips like Pete Burns due to her reaction :(

My son who is two is allergic to peanuts. Some people are generally allergic to one or more type of nut. but on the whole its normally only one nut that will trigger.

I personally dont use a cuticle oil that contains nuts or any beauty products that contain nuts because I try to avoid ANY nut product for the safety of my baby. He is very young and we are doing all we can to avoid any more reactions.

Its very important you ask the client if they have an allergy to anything BEFORE starting a treatment. if you think any product might trigger something then its better to avoid.

Most people are fine with nuts, just be aware.

THe first time we knew alex was allergic was when one day he suffered a severe reaction that made him very unwell and he ended up in hospital.

tigi

Hi I would prob use something else such as NSI's Nurture Oil, I use that and Solar Oil and I love them both! xxx:)

Latest posts

Back