Dance Competition Tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
Hi there, I do the usual dancing competition girl tans at Tantrick 12%, Mother wants her darker and has booked her in for two, two days apart. Now she says she wants her "black", without laughing my head off, is she going to be "all I can see is her eyes and teeth" black do you think or just dark brown. :eek:

she will probably go more orange than black from the DHA overload and i can imagine it might go patchy once the second tan is applied,
good luck with it though Sam, you know what they say the customer is always right lol :rolleyes:

she will probably go more orange than black from the DHA overload and i can imagine it might go patchy once the second tan is applied,
good luck with it though Sam, you know what they say the customer is always right lol :rolleyes:

Well this is it ? Do you think I should do her twice in perhaps a lower DHA % or just do her at 12 twice and hope for the best :)

I would do her in the 12% and apply about an extra 10 mls to what you would normally use,
then i would tell the parent to leave it for 24 hrs before showering and then see what she thinks to the result, by leaving it longer it will appear deeper and darker and hopefully that will satisfy her,
if she does come back wanting a second tan i would spray the girl with the 12% again as this is what the client has asked for but i would only apply a light covering in the hope that it does not go patchy or give a DHA over load,
i hope that helps you sam :hug:

Yes it does, thanks for that Louise xx

I would do her in the 12% and apply about an extra 10 mls to what you would normally use,
then i would tell the parent to leave it for 24 hrs before showering and then see what she thinks to the result, by leaving it longer it will appear deeper and darker and hopefully that will satisfy her,
if she does come back wanting a second tan i would spray the girl with the 12% again as this is what the client has asked for but i would only apply a light covering in the hope that it does not go patchy or give a DHA over load,
i hope that helps you sam :hug:

Probably the best advice to give in this case Louise :hug:..hoping it works out for your customer Sam...maybe just worth warning them of a possible DHA overload though.:eek:

Alternativley Sam I hear B&Q do a one coat jet black emulsion for only £9.95 a litre..stays on for younks so I beleive :lol::lol:

B&Q indeed, you are so funny Collin :hug:

LOL, I'm glad it's Tantrick and not Tango...

A good coating of creosote should do the trick :green: B&Q again.

A good coating of creosote should do the trick :green: B&Q again.

is that the blue green or brown shade that your refering to there and is it guaranteed against termite infestation???

is that the blue green or brown shade that your refering to there and is it guaranteed against termite infestation???

PMSL!!!!
:lol: :lol:

Well I've done the first coat at 12% and warned her she may look tango'd if she has another layer done, but said to leave it on 24 hours and see what she thinks of the colour. The mother was also on about topping it up in between the two tans with tan wipes - OMG!!!! I might be working at B&Q after this never mind owt else - lol !!!

Well I've done the first coat at 12% and warned her she may look tango'd if she has another layer done, but said to leave it on 24 hours and see what she thinks of the colour. The mother was also on about topping it up in between the two tans with tan wipes - OMG!!!! I might be working at B&Q after this never mind owt else - lol !!!
If she comes back to you tangoed remind her of her comment and the fact that you warned her too much DHA can have this effect,
im dying for the next 24hrs to see what this mother wants next lol,
do you want me to ask Collin to make up a special 50% solution for this client lol :lol:

ooooh, dont know, do you think 50% will be enough for her !! The second layer is due Thursday night - poor lass has to go to school on Friday aswell. She'll be wearing white gloves and jazz hands at this rate ! lol

And singing my mammy did it
PMSL

Funny !! Will let you know the outcome

mmm so you used to watch them old shows also :hug:
hey they were not old when i watched them ive just aged well lol :hug:

Latest posts

Back