Darkening Up Tantrick Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
I've just sprayed my new client for the 2nd time with 12% tantrick solution. I've had a couple of weeks inbetween appointments but when she came tonight she said that the 12% was hardly noticable on her. Now I wouldn't say at all that she was dark skinned but she just likes a really dark tan. I would have said 10% max on her, but anyway.

If she is to come back, which is a probable, should I invest in the intensifier drops from Tantrick and just add to the 12% solution or should I buy the Tantrick Max.

Yes, I know I should just ask Collin on here but I'd prefer to ask you lovely peeps who have used the stuff in their salon.

What would you suggest?

Oh, also meant to say I am so busy just now doing spray tans. I only do a couple of hours 3 nights a week and I'll have 8 tans in two nights!!!

Sorry to side track. I`ve just trained in Tantrick, was wondering what you
are charging, I know you`re not my area but I`m really not sure what to
charge taking into account the recession :lol:

I'll PM you rather than talk money on here.

I do believe Collin is about to launch their new 14% and also an 18%. Give him a call.

OMG that would be really dark! eek!

I've just sprayed my new client for the 2nd time with 12% tantrick solution. I've had a couple of weeks inbetween appointments but when she came tonight she said that the 12% was hardly noticable on her. Now I wouldn't say at all that she was dark skinned but she just likes a really dark tan. I would have said 10% max on her, but anyway.

If she is to come back, which is a probable, should I invest in the intensifier drops from Tantrick and just add to the 12% solution or should I buy the Tantrick Max.

Yes, I know I should just ask Collin on here but I'd prefer to ask you lovely peeps who have used the stuff in their salon.

What would you suggest?

Is this client by any chance going naked for the tans ?
if so she has white bits to compare to and this is why she thinks she is not dark enough,
if this is the case i have the answer for you :wink2:
i will see what you come back with :hug:

Is this client by any chance going naked for the tans ?
if so she has white bits to compare to and this is why she thinks she is not dark enough,
if this is the case i have the answer for you :wink2:
i will see what you come back with :hug:

For some people Lou, especially us Mancunians, we like our tans dark, dark, dark. I have had to use Tantrick Max up to the fully Monty at 18% and I could still take it darker!!!!!

What is your natural skin type Joe90?

The girls I tan in the hairdressers all have the 12.5% and they are pestering me about the 16% because they want to try that! :eek: :eek:

They aren't dark skinned by any stretch of the imagination, I was happy doing them 10% and was a bit worried about doing 12.5% on one of them!! I'd say on a scale of 1 - 6 skin type they would mostly be about a 3?

They want a proper brown looking tan rather than a golden brown tan... :irked: more chestnut than honey if you know what I mean? any ideas? lol

I am probably a mixture - top half 3-4 more like a 4 and bottom half a definite 3. I have many clients that like the Tantrick 12 but others for whom it is still not dark enough I do use another solution.

Promise to keep quiet on this one then Yvonne :eek:

How are you these days...good to here your busy:hug:

Sorry Collin, didn't mean to appear rude. :o

Yes, very happy that I'm very busy with Tans now and I could quite happily do that all the time!

What would you suggest then Collin. Max with drops or the original Tantrick solution with drops?

Yes, loubylou client wears her pants when she gets a tan applied therefore she has something to compare the colour too.

Sorry Collin, didn't mean to appear rude. :o

Yes, very happy that I'm very busy with Tans now and I could quite happily do that all the time!

What would you suggest then Collin. Max with drops or the original Tantrick solution with drops?

Yes, loubylou client wears her pants when she gets a tan applied therefore she has something to compare the colour too.

just kidding Yvonne..always good to hear what theropists views are :hug:

The drops are a 35% concentrate from the samw DHA origin as the MAX ..that said it will increase the DHA % of a volumized mix(what you would spray a customer with) of any of our solutions or any other brands.

That said because its DHA origin is the same as the MAX there is a definitive match of DHA and will possibly work slightly more effectively because of this factor.

Try mixing with any of them..you will quickly get the hang of it for the various solutions however if if this to much hassle you can always opt to use the new 14% Max and the 18% :eek: Max due out in May.

Hope this helps :hug:

Thanks Collin. At least I'm armed with information now, so that when she booked again I'll be right online ordering my intensifier drops. I'll not bother now as she's the only one client who is wanting it darker and I have enough of all solutions to keep me going in the meantime.

Happying spray tanning everyone!!!:lol:

hi all ,could i use the droppers to make the 5% touch darker, i bought 5%for hubby to use on me ,but find just want my tan a little darker.:)

hi all ,could i use the droppers to make the 5% touch darker, i bought 5%for hubby to use on me ,but find just want my tan a little darker.:)

Of course you can.....1 good drop per 100ml solution will increase it by +1%
HTH :hug:

thanks colin great help:)

Hi Yvonne - long time and all that - how are you - really must try and catch up with each other soon.

PM me or call me if you want to chat about the new solutions.

Are you going to Beauty Show at Ingliston on sun?

Latest posts

Back