Deep smile line?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
anyone have any tips or techniques to create a deep smile line with gel polish, for regular smile lines i find it easy doing the swipe across but the deep smile line is just too curved to use this technique, i will use a cover pink as my base so there is no free edge showing

thanks x

If I'm after a deep smile line I tend to polish in almost a curved 'V' shape, bringing the brush from one side to just past the centre of the free edge then starting on the other side bringing the two together to create a nice smooth line. I hope that makes sense lol

anyone have any tips or techniques to create a deep smile line with gel polish, for regular smile lines i find it easy doing the swipe across but the deep smile line is just too curved to use this technique, i will use a cover pink as my base so there is no free edge showing

thanks x

Would you not consider further training to learn the technique?

If you had any idea how long it takes someone to describe in words how to do a technique like this you would think twice before asking. :)

Would you not consider further training to learn the technique?

If you had any idea how long it takes someone to describe in words how to do a technique like this you would think twice before asking. :)

Is it really that complex :(

Last edited:
No you don't need extra training to do a deep smile line that's just silly. If we all panicked every time a client wanted a different style wed never work! Advice given above is how I'd do it too. Practice makes perfect Hun, just keep on ;) xx

You'll develop your own technique, takes some practice that's all-no extra training is required!
I use I dotting tool to make a deep smile line & then tidy it up if needed :)

No you don't need extra training to do a deep smile line that's just silly. If we all panicked every time a client wanted a different style wed never work! Advice given above is how I'd do it too. Practice makes perfect Hun, just keep on ;) xx

Well I am a very silly person as we all know!:green:

Frankly you should have been shown as a basic technique already if you have taken a class with the product. One of the most asked for services we do.

Being shownhow to do a technique is always preferable and more effective than trying to wing it in your own or being told to just practise when you don't know how to practice it.

I do apologise for wasting anyone's time by making the silly suggestion that the OP actually go and learn properly HOW to do it before going on to practice it. What a silly suggestion.

Use a dotting tool to drag the sides up xx

Dotting tool and then tidy it up with a brush very simple and easy and very effective :) x

Thanks geeks for all your responses , I did train with gelish to do standard smile line as this is most common , however just discovered this deep smile line and I love the look and would like to b able to create it, I have no issues with doing further training but just didn't think there would b a dedicated deep smile line class as i have trained in most other things, I hope to do some more art classes soon so maybe educator could show me at the end of class or something

The dotting tool idea sounds interesting , when u say drag do u mean paint it on first then drag into place with the tool?

I use angular gel brush for french to get it perfect in the corners and make a smile line to be really deep more extreme for longer nails and just deep for shorter.

Thanks geeks for all your responses , I did train with gelish to do standard smile line as this is most common , however just discovered this deep smile line and I love the look and would like to b able to create it, I have no issues with doing further training but just didn't think there would b a dedicated deep smile line class as i have trained in most other things, I hope to do some more art classes soon so maybe educator could show me at the end of class or something

The dotting tool idea sounds interesting , when u say drag do u mean paint it on first then drag into place with the tool?

I use dotting tool to do my smile lines I don't ever use the brush, leaves a very crisp line and hardly ever need to do any tidying up-with the dotting tool I take white UV polish from the brush, it glides very easily over the base/polish :)

The poster is asking how to do deep smile with gel polish.

I use brush on gel, or gel polish for all my french
don't use a sculpting french gel.

I use dotting tool to do my smile lines I don't ever use the brush, leaves a very crisp line and hardly ever need to do any tidying up-with the dotting tool I take white UV polish from the brush, it glides very easily over the base/polish :)

Oh can't wait to have a go of this when I get home , is there a particular size that works best? I have a set of 5 dotting tools in different sizes :)

French Shellac on a long nail - YouTube

Here you go, this video shows just what I mean by the side to side technique, obviously you just bring the centre up higher to create the depth. Hope that helps if you wanted to have a go with your brush technique as well as trying the dotting tool :)

Yes Hun drag the sides up xx

Sorry I mean paint the tip then drag the gel up the sides with dotting tool xx

Oh can't wait to have a go of this when I get home , is there a particular size that works best? I have a set of 5 dotting tools in different sizes :)

I use the smallest one I have, it's very easy when you get the hang of it! I always base, very thin pink(gives better slip for the dotting tool), white, pink & top :)

I do two layers of white. (Thin layers, to get A black colour but so it's not too thick)
I do this if I have to draw my own smile lines if the nails are short but you could use it any time. Try it :)

With the first layer I start at one side and move my brush to the opposite corner of the free edge. Then vice versa. So I do have a sort of V shape. With my second layer I start in the same place and move my brush round and across the free edge to make it a smooth smile. Then again the other way.

Hope this makes sence :S haha

LolliDolli💋

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back