Design suggestions please??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma lambert

Reaction score
hi guys, im doing a photo shoot soon and the theme is cheesecake pin up 1950's Playboy beach scene and im having a design block and cant decide what to do on the nails any suggestions would be gratefully received.
gemma xx

Hi, definatley hard to think of beachy things in cold weather! sparkly flipflops with diamantes, hawaiian garlands, sparkling sea colours, bikinis with the playboy bunny on, sorry im not very inspirational or original, and i grew up by the sea too! good luck hun xx

put those words into google image search engine.. something might come up to give you inspiration

hi guys, im doing a photo shoot soon and the theme is cheesecake pin up 1950's Playboy beach scene and im having a design block and cant decide what to do on the nails any suggestions would be gratefully received.
gemma xx

Sounds like an awesome job you have! I would love to get into that stuff in the future.
The playboy decals I used in the pics in my album could work in your design. Other than that I'm not to sure what kind of thing you would be interested in, would love to hear what you decide though!

I'm not sure what you mean by the cheesecake pinup ? unless its an advert for cheesecake lol duhhh :confused::confused:

How about something to do with polka dot bikini ? , like the old record from 50 s/ 60 s ??
" she wore an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini ?? not sure what year its from ?, this prob wont help lol, but I tried :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by the cheesecake pinup ? unless its an advert for cheesecake lol duhhh :confused::confused:

How about something to do with polka dot bikini ? , like the old record from 50 s/ 60 s ??
" she wore an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini ?? not sure what year its from ?, this prob wont help lol, but I tried :)

was gonna do polka dots but i already have a really good polka dot shot in my portfolio, might do hawian flowers though!

when I think of cheesecake I think of pastel colours!!!?????

50's Playboy Beach scene makes me think of Deeta Von Teese in a 50's style boned swimming costume.....and a half moon design look on her nails.
Kelly Brook also designed a range of 50's style beachwear, if you google that, there may be some images to provide the necessary inspiration for you Gemma. HTH

I know these aren't exactly your standard, but these are what I have got lying round that sort of fit.

x

Palm trees, cocktails, sand, shades, bikinis all come to mind at first..

Attachments

• bikini babe.jpg
    bikini babe.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Photo-0079.jpg
    Photo-0079.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 62
Looking on google. They all seem to wear either red, polka dots or gingham?

It depends on the look you want to create really.... classy or fun..
For a fun shot I'd be tempted to try creating the nails like a fairy cake lol..

On your tip... white (icing) then over the smile line using maybe a pastel pink a wavy line of l+P (piping icing)
Micro bullion beads dotted randomly on the free edge to look like hundreds and thousands.... and you can get these like little furry balls from craft shops (I got mine from pounland lol) you could apply one to the very tip of each nail for a 'cherry on the top' effect !!!

A bit bonkers maybe, but I can picture it all in my head :green:

Or.... I just looked at Angies links, you could do a full coverage pretty pink nail enhancement, long almond shape I think would work well.... and create encased small l+p cherries, like on the bikini of this lady in the link... that would look cute !

wow some great ideas thank you guys!!!

Latest posts

Back