Detoxing.....Worms in your gut?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonilee

Reaction score
Ok I was going to blog this.....apologies in advance mods if it has to be moved....however I wanted to know if anyone else has experiences of such products an theories?

The clinic I rent a room in sells these detox packs, never paid much attention to them until the owner started to tell me how it gets rid of the WORMS in your gut?:eek: Hello worms in the gut? Seriously??? Apparantly its because red meat takes months to get out of your system? Anyway I was so shocked and horrified (yet intrigued!!) she gave me a week detox pack!!

I have to take 6 tablets 3 times a day, avoid red meat, caffine, and junk.....she said I will see the worms in my.....poop?? (euwww!!)

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

What are the tablets called? Colosan?

Colonic irrigation with a garlic infused water kills these and they come out. it is disgusting!!!

Interesting reading thans guys, I am still sceptical but it cant hurt to try I dont think....

Its called natures sunshine

xx

Keep us informed! I would be worried about how many times I might need to go to the loo during a normal working day :eek:

Also if you have a client in for a few treatments one after the other you might need the loo during the appt...

Parasitic worm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parasitic worm definition - Digestion and Digestive-Related Information on MedicineNet.com
How would you know you had any in your gut unless you displayed any symptoms?
I'm a bit skeptical about a lot of "detox" treatments mate.....

Yup me too!!! However having lost a stone I figured it wouldnt hurt to try it, I know how to diet (eating less and moving more!!:green:) am kinda intrigued, I want to see how this kinda thing makes me feel, good, bad, indifferent.....Im simply just too nosey!!

I had worms when I was little and I was so scared of them I cried and made my mum wipe my bum! They were freaky! Can't remember the medicine but I remember we were in a pub when I noticed them!

The medicine that they recommend now seems to be something called Ovex (mebenazole)and comes in tablets or liquid for Threadworms that kids pick up at school. If one child gets them at school they spread like wildfire so its a complete pain and you need to be vigilant as well as use the follow up dose and make sure you treat the whole family.

Have to say when it was going around my kids school no one seemed to have any side effects other than tummy pains but everyone was really quick to treat their kids as the thought of it is pretty gross and you can spot the signs quickly (they can't stop scratching).

As for parasitic worms isn't that what Gillian McKeith did all those programs about a couple of years ago. I could not bring myself to watch them as its involved a lot of close inspection from what everyone kept saying? eek!

Last edited:
Until anything itches I ain't worrying or detoxing:)

I make you right there, leave well alone, but I have to say I could not eat the red meat I cooked for dinner tonight after reading this thread earlier. I wonder if it really does take months to digest?

I make you right there, leave well alone, but I have to say I could not eat the red meat I cooked for dinner tonight after reading this thread earlier. I wonder if it really does take months to digest?

that unfortunetly is true. it can take up to 7 months to come out!

Lol oops sorry chuck didnt mean to spoil your tea!!!

Well I am 3 lots of tablets into the detox, 3 lots of 6 tablets ( I aint rattling yet!!) I have never wee'd so much in my life but not had any "worm out" moments yet!!:eek::lol:

Lol oops sorry chuck didnt mean to spoil your tea!!!

Well I am 3 lots of tablets into the detox, 3 lots of 6 tablets ( I aint rattling yet!!) I have never wee'd so much in my life but not had any "worm out" moments yet!!:eek::lol:

Wouldnt they come out the other end? They sit in the Gut dont they?

I have all these superfoods but buying them was enough, they look revolting lol! I can't even remember to take slimming pills or prescriptions! I am rubbish lol!

Kate x

Hope it goes well honey, your very brave. xx

I have read that the easiest meat to digest is lamb, and the most difficult is pork.

Latest posts

Back