Did I Over-react??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovenails1

Reaction score
Just wanted to share what happened this morning with a "client" that I was expecting.

She rang yesterday, a new girl, and asked my prices etc and made an appt for this morning.

Then this morning after waiting 1/2 hour for her, I text her mobile, no answer so I rang her home number, no answer. Then I rang her mobile after 45 mins and when I did a message came on saying "****'s Nail Box, I'm not home blah blah blah".

Well, I freaked it big time.:Scared: Why did this girl lie to me??? It wasnt even the name she gave me, what's going on? Because I have an ID phone, I had her home number which I then rang and this time someone answered (she wouldnt have been expecting me cos she didnt GIVE me her home number). She answered with the original name and when I told her it was me and asked what was going on, was she just stuffing me around?., she hung up on me!:irked:

Now dont get me wrong, I dont mind doing another Tech's nails, thats fine, but she didnt say anything about her being a Tech, I think it was a full on wind up.

I then rang her mobile back and left a message about how unprofessional she was, how I'm too busy for her games, how her business must be going really bad if this is how she fills her days, I'm going to report her to APFA, how I wanted her to ring me back with an explanation or I will keep ringing her until I get one blah blah blah.

Like I said, I LOST it, today is my sons party and I really wasnt going to work today and went out of my way to do her job etc, and was really put out.

We shouldnt have to put up with this kind of thing, what would you lot have done, did I over react or was there something else I could have done.?? x

hey i would have been p****d off too...not so much her being a nail tech but for the obvious fact that she had no intension of turning up.

We all loose it sometimes...on another day at a different time you might have felt calmer about it....but with all you have on today its no wonder that you got annoyed.

Don't blame you at all. xxx

Thanks for that, like I said I have no probs whatsoever doing another Nail Techs nails, I say welcome, but when this was obviously a game, that's what made me so angry. Why pick on me, dont know her from a bar of soap! x

Of course you have a right to be annoyed she messed up your dayxxxxx

Unfortunately it always seems to happen to us when we go out of our way to helpxxx:hug:

shes obivously heard how good you are and wanted to pee u off... silly moo. at least u've got u're sons party to take u're mind off it.

I've heard this a lot lately, other salons and techs in the area will make fake appointments, pretending to be clients. Why? I dont know, I think that they asume other clients who can't get in with you will book in with them.

Its usually your first reaction to a situation that is correct and the best, If you hadn't of said something it would have played on your mind.

I'd be tempted to do it back, but I wouldn't sink that low.

Go and punch a pillow and release that anger!!!!

In my town there is a Sunbed shop opening with a 'nail bar and hairstylist area'. The co-owners came into my salon a couple of weeks ago and one of them made an appointment with me - they were having a good nose round. The appointment was this week and lo and behold she didnt show. Yes I am mad and did think off returning the favour but am not going to lower myself to their level. If thats the standard of business integrity they have then I cant wait to see how their business gets on.
To make things worse the other co-owner asked one of my clients to ask me 'if I wanted to go into business with them to do nails in her shop'.
My reply - 'wouldnt touch it with somebody elses bargepole!'

I am a believer in what goes around comes around!

We had a client come to me for some waxing about 2 years ago now,as I was waxing her she said she had a clean and easy wax system the same as ours and that she was having problems with it.

I did think it was odd that she wasn't doing her own waxiong if she had a system but thought maybe she didn't like doing her own Bikini area as it was more of a Brazillian.

Like an idiot I answered all her questions about why the head may not be rolling correctly and what to do to improve it.

After we had finished,at the reception desk I asked her if she would like to book her next appointment,she then had the ruddy cheek to say ,'no thanks,I have my own business that I have just set up so wont be needing to book again',I mean ....what an absolute nerve.Oh well.:irked:

It sounds like she's booked an appointment to mess you about as giving a false name is odd but i can understand her not saying she was a tech if she had genuinely wanted an appointment.
Sometimes when i go for facials i don't mention i am a therapist as i like to not have to talk about techniques, what products i use etc. but i agree it sounds like she is messing you about if she does call you back i would make a point of saying that as she is a tech herself she should know how annoying it is when you get a no show !!

I do feel for you, this is so unprofessional, why they do it amazes me. I had a no show last week, that just happened to be a nail tech too!! I hope it hasnt spoilt your day. :hug: :hug:

I think this is the real downside of the beauty industry. So many people seem to find it necessary to undermine other professionals. It's sad that they don't realise that if we all learn to work together it's better for us all.
I think that you did the right thing, this girl would have thought that you wouldn't find out who she was, or if you did find out, that you wouldn't say anything. I'm sure that by confronting her, you've completely embarressed her, at hopefully she'll be a bit more professional in the future.
If not, her loss.

Latest posts

Back