Did you take a course in toe nail overlays or not...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you take a seperate course for NNO's on Toe nails...?

• Yes I did a seperate course for doing overlays on Toe nails

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • No I didnt do a seperate course for doing overlays on Toe nails

Votes: 99 86.1%

• Total voters

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I am genuinely interested to know if those of you who offer overlays on Toes...gel, L&P or even just painted toe nails....(NOT PEDICURES) did a separate course specifically for toe nails.....or not.

Did you feel that your initial gel/L&P training gave you enough to go on and just have a go yourslf....?....was it mentioned/covered in your initial training.

For me personally i didn't take a separate course....It was mentioned on my Gel (Brisa) training and I just gave it a go with no problems at all....i did pick up a few tips along the way from this site (make them thin and short) but it was pretty much straight forward.

Do you feel a course in Toe nail NNO's is required....??

Same as you,
was taught L&P and gel for finger nails and read Gigi's great thread on toe nail reconstruction and gave it go with no problems,
i don't see that there is too much difference in applying to the finger or toe nails,
i think the toe nail classes are required by those who feel the need to attend one but if your confident enough to have a go then go for it, hth

Last edited:
It was explained to me during my brisa course....No separate course taken or required.

Hi Angie,

I offer toe overlays but i didn't feel it necessary to do a course on it. I think it's simple enough and straight-forward to be able to offer it without education. They are also nowhere near as complex as being able to enhancements on hands. I haven't experienced any problems as yet but if i did then i would maybe go on a course just to check im doing it correctly!! :lol:

Lucy x

Me neither, I have my pedi qualification if I want to incorporate that with gel toes but other than that I don't really see the need for additional training in gel toes. If you have a good (finger) nail foundation, why would you need an additional course for gel toes?

No separate course for me too, I was 'talked' through the procedure during the brisa course and basically got on with it and found no problems whatsoever. I reckon if you can perfect a set of fingernail enhancements, then the toenails (to me) are a doddle as there is no apex placement to take into account x

Same as here on my Brisa course was told how to do toenails. I also did toenail reconstruction as a few clients had them missing completly or just some missing and I taught myself to do it with L&P before I joined this site, But I too have read Gigis toenail reconstruction and found it to be invaluable.
Jen xx

What they all said!!! I didn't do a separate course, if you're gel application is good and you use common sense no course needed IMO.....

It was covered theoretically but we worked on fingers only. With mani and pedi training I felt confitent enough on toes and have never had a problem.

I did a large toenail reconstruction right after my training and to this day could still :smack: smack myself for not taking pics. The result was brilliant and my client was over the moon.

Same for me, I felt confident enough to offer gel/acrylic toe overlays and reconstruction since I started out (before I did my pedi training) but I also covered toes during my Brisa training and of course the tutorials are a great help.

I think there are certain precautions one needs to take when doing feet as opposed to fingernails but nails are nails and as long as you are pretty much painting them, then I don't think a course is necessary, but I love to learn and I do think a class will teach anyone more than they knew when they walked into the classroom.

There is allot to learn about feet and handling feet that will make anyone a better technician.

I am looking into the toe nail overlays, what is the best gel product & do you think I need to do a course? (I have trained in gel before....but dont do gel nails now)
thanks xx:confused:

I am looking into the toe nail overlays, what is the best gel product & do you think I need to do a course? (I have trained in gel before....but dont do gel nails now)
thanks xx:confused:

As I explained above, how you actualy do the toe nails is easy ... paint on the gel .. no apex to build etc ... it is how you handle the feet which is different to hands .. for example the skin on the feet surrounding the toes is much more delicate than on the hands and more easily damaged so you must take great care. The feet have MUCH more build up of cuticle on the toenails so PREP has to be very thorough. Other contra indicaitons exist for toes that are different to hands ... I think a class teaches you these things and helps you to do a better job.

i did not do a separate course as the nail is a nail no matter where it is, and the basis of an overlay is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also did not take any additional courses for acrylic or gel toes. I guess I never thought about it being different then a finger nail.

I do prefer doing gel on toes because of the option to soak them off with specific gel lines. I have many clients that like these, mostly during summer. Depending on the client the wait 3 to 8 weeks between appointments. I usually don't like them to go longer then 6 but things happen just as in nails and schedules conflict.

I have found that clients that are prone to ingrown toenails it help the structure of their toe and they seem to not get ingrown so easily.....not sure if this is true or not.

I also have clients that might have a broken toenail or damage to their toe that I will put a tip on it to extend it.

I did not take a seperate course for toe nail overlays.

However, I did not offer pedicures or manicures of any sort untill I had done my CND Spa Pedi & Mani course.

Only after that did I offer overlays on toes , be it L&P or Gels.

I did not learn L&P toes in my Foundation training (Brisa Gel was not available then :cry:), though I did learn Manicure & Pedicure.

Today I do teach L&P and Gel toes, as part of the student foundation course. I find it gives the students valued education on a service that is well sort after.

IMO education that furthers ones knowledge is worthwhile. I must be an "education junkie" I personally love learning, and try to attend training that is available.

Great thread :hug:

I didn't do a separate class but as others have said I think it is vital to be a professional pedicurist before attempting toe enhancements. They are easy to do but there are differences!

Latest posts

Back