Diet with me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plonkster

Reaction score
Hi geeks

At nearly 22 years old I don't think I can realistically still call it 'puppy fat', and I've had enough of hating my body. I'm done, once and for all, I'm sorting this mess out!

So this is a support thread for those of you who wish to join me on a bit of a health kick! No matter whether you're making a small change to your diet or fitness, or if you're having a complete overhaul and decided to go vegan I something - I wanna hear about it all here!

It's such a struggle, always has been for me. I've been through hell confidence wise and even went through a stage in my teens where I was making myself sick. (Side note, it doesn't help, it just goes you a sore throat and makes you feel like you smell of sick all day).

I am overweight, and I know that. So it's up to me to fix it.
Share your feelings, your reasons for doing this and what you hope to gain; what you look forward to about having your body back! Tell me what bits to like, and which bits you don't mind so much!
I personally can't wait to amp up my sex life, as I feel very self conscious with my fiancé, even though I have a high sex drive I don't always feel like I can do what I'd really want to.
I also want to wear playsuits without feeling like a giant chubby toddler! I used to have great legs!

So I'm gonna drink loads more water for starters, and generally be more mindful of what I eat, with smaller portions - my first stop has got to be LAY OFF THE DAMN CARBS! I'm a veggie and tend to rely in pasta, bread, potatoes etc. for my energy so I'm going to try and source it elsewhere!

Let's do this, ladies! :)

Treat your body as a temple and eat clean :)

xXx

Sounds great! I started a month ago. I did the ab and squat challenge and found the more I exercised the less rubbish I wanted to eat. I am not overly fat but I'm not at my dream body. I got some weights at the weekend and dug my smoothie maker out a couple of weeks ago.

I need to drink more water but I've never been big on drinking, whatever it is... A tip which has helped is wherever you go; friends, salon, meals ask for water even if you don't fancy it.

How did the squat and ab challenges go? I tried the planking challenge but quickly realised I have zero upper body strength...even doing the girl ones was a struggle haha! I'm so unfit, but I HATE exercise and refuse to waste my money on a gym membership again. I'm gonna start walking more - it's the best thing!

I need to strip fat so up my cardio and cut out some carbs- just realised that I have bigger shoulders then some of the Olympic swimmers so need to trim it as am looking bulky.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hated the ab challenge, there was 4 different moves n I changed 3 of them n gave up towards the end. Loved the squat challenge, on the last day I did 175 squats. Saw a big difference but I've sorta stopped doing them now. But now I have weights I did some weighted squats, 20 squats n the next day some muscles were sore so be doing that every day and upping it. With squats you can do them almost anywhere haha!

I hated the ab challenge, there was 4 different moves n I changed 3 of them n gave up towards the end. Loved the squat challenge, on the last day I did 175 squats. Saw a big difference but I've sorta stopped doing them now. But now I have weights I did some weighted squats, 20 squats n the next day some muscles were sore so be doing that every day and upping it. With squats you can do them almost anywhere haha!

I may give the squat challenge a go :) I have a big bum (which I actually like) I could just do with everything being a bit firmer! :)

I may give the squat challenge a go :) I have a big bum (which I actually like) I could just do with everything being a bit firmer! :)

I like my bum but lots of cellulite n can do with a lift and the squat challenge was great.

I read on here it might have been nearlyme that said it, to avoid sit-ups and I haven't done any haha! I can do about a 15 sec plank haha!

I like my bum but lots of cellulite n can do with a lift and the squat challenge was great.

I read on here it might have been nearlyme that said it, to avoid sit-ups and I haven't done any haha! I can do about a 15 sec plank haha!

Sit ups are the worse excercise you can do for abs!
I have been doing this this week (no rest in between)
1 minute of side reaches
1 minute crunches
1 minute turkish get ups (each side) or half turkish get ups if you cant do a full
1 min toe touches
1 min superman pointers (or pointers if you cant hold a plank)
1 min reverse plank
30 secs each side plank with a reach or knee lift.

1 minute of side reaches
1 minute crunches
1 minute turkish get ups (each side) or half turkish get ups if you cant do a full
1 min toe touches
1 min reverse plank

Yeah I've heard that you should avoid sit ups like the plague - can I ask why? I'm curious

Yeah I've heard that you should avoid sit ups like the plague - can I ask why? I'm curious

Loads of reason
They are ineffective because you go past the point of tension.
They can damage your back
If you don't engage your abs properly they actually cause your tummy to stick out.
Here is how to crunch effectively.
Lay on back with knees bent
Breath in and pull your stomach toward your spine. This should close the gap between the small of your back and the floor.
Breath out but maintain the position of the spine.
Slide your hands up your legs, breathing out into a crunch. Do not come all the way up!
Come back down but do not let your shoulders touch the floor, this makes you keep your abs under constant tension. Repeat 3 x 15 reps.

All makes sense nearlyme :) I've been doing them wrong then! I've had my hands behind my head, so will do it with hands on legs today.

Another piece of advice is to try exercise classes. My New Years resolution was different class each month, to see what I like n what's convenient to stick too. My fave so far is boxercise, I felt the burn so much the next day. Second fave is Zumba, it's great fun. Trying to find a kettlecise class for august.

I used to kick box and we had to warm up with crunches etc. they taught us to only go to the point of resistance, to out your hands on your thighs, and to pull and in so they tone like a C shape not D shape :)

I used to be super fit when I was in my 20s. I did every sport there was, squash, tennis, swimming, aerobics, weights, running, and won 400 meter sprints with a county team.

And then I had my first child. He hated creches and my fitness just went down the pan. I should have just gone running with the pram to keep it up.

I would love to get back to that feeling of walking on air, but it's starting is so hard. I know once I get into it, exercise becomes addictive. But it's starting all over again.

I like your exercise routine nearlyme, perhaps it's a starting point ? I can do the healthy eating, but losing weight is sure a lot harder when you're middle aged..

1 minute of side reaches
1 minute crunches
1 min toe touches
1 min reverse plank

I'm getting married next year so want to tone up so have been healthy eating and gyming it!

Nearly me I have no idea what any of these are, will need to google them and give it a try!

Plonkster, I will be your diet friend! We can compare notes.

I used to be super fit when I was in my 20s. I did every sport there was, squash, tennis, swimming, aerobics, weights, running, and won 400 meter sprints with a county team.

And then I had my first child. He hated creches and my fitness just went down the pan. I should have just gone running with the pram to keep it up.

I would love to get back to that feeling of walking on air, but it's starting is so hard. I know once I get into it, exercise becomes addictive. But it's starting all over again.

I like your exercise routine nearlyme, perhaps it's a starting point ? I can do the healthy eating, but losing weight is sure a lot harder when you're middle aged..

I weigh nearly 11 stone but at 5ft 4 am a size 10. I'd like to be slimmer as my 10s are a bit snug but best advice I can recommend is do not weigh yourself. . EVER. Lifting weights and doing resistance work will make you gain muscle but you will find muscle burns fat. This is why it is important to lift weights like a man. It boosts a flagging, post 30 metabolism.
Do I look bulky or big to you?? I hope the answer is no BUT I am actually the very top end of "healthy bmi. Proof that scales mean jack.

Attachments

• 1406668346186.jpg
    1406668346186.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 194
Ps. This is a full turkish get up.
Kettlebell Conditioning for BJJ-MMA: Kettlebell T…: http://youtu.be/ztTOn0rSMis

Is this the smoking thread? Cos nearlyme is looking hot :p

Is this the smoking thread? Cos nearlyme is looking hot :p

Pmsl!! if you could see me now.. yes that is toothpaste on my head

Attachments

• 1406668981661.jpg
    1406668981661.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 186
Nearlyme you don't look bulky at all! I'd be more than happy with that body!

Latest posts

Back