Diet with me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I weigh nearly 11 stone but at 5ft 4 am a size 10. I'd like to be slimmer as my 10s are a bit snug but best advice I can recommend is do not weigh yourself. . EVER. Lifting weights and doing resistance work will make you gain muscle but you will find muscle burns fat. This is why it is important to lift weights like a man. It boosts a flagging, post 30 metabolism.
Do I look bulky or big to you?? I hope the answer is no BUT I am actually the very top end of "healthy bmi. Proof that scales mean jack.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Honey you are gorgeous! :)

Honey you are gorgeous! :)

I am old lol. That is just a really good photo.
Just shows that the scales mean nowt :)

Ignore the low weight, high reps rules that every old style gym instructor gives. Go high weight- the highest you can do for 6 reps :)

You look great nearlyme.. an inspiration to us all. I always wondered what a Turkish get up was so thanks for sharing... and toothpaste.. for spots ?

You look great nearlyme.. an inspiration to us all. I always wondered what a Turkish get up was so thanks for sharing... and toothpaste.. for spots ?

Shhhhhhhh... old school trick. Doesn't work but hr is in nights so am doing my teen beauty ritual

I weigh nearly 11 stone but at 5ft 4 am a size 10. I'd like to be slimmer as my 10s are a bit snug but best advice I can recommend is do not weigh yourself. . EVER. Lifting weights and doing resistance work will make you gain muscle but you will find muscle burns fat. This is why it is important to lift weights like a man. It boosts a flagging, post 30 metabolism.
Do I look bulky or big to you?? I hope the answer is no BUT I am actually the very top end of "healthy bmi. Proof that scales mean jack.

:eek::eek:
I knew it!

This is how I looked 10 years ago...

Attachments

• 1406670377810.jpg
    1406670377810.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 147
Something I always wanted and never got was those dumb bars in different sizes and weights, but I think you would say get kettle bells ?? If so, why ?

So does everyone else :)

Really?
there was another geek who changed her name and I knew it was her too..I guessed it was her quicker than you though .

Something I always wanted and never got was those dumb bars in different sizes and weights, but I think you would say get kettle bells ?? If so, why ?

I just prefer kettlebell training as it is easier to integrate cardio into it at the same time.
The swings burn an amazing amount of calories, especially when you start jump swinging. An hour of kettles can burn up to 1000 cal plus the afterburn is one of the most significant.
I do do free weights too but I avoid the weight machines.
Kettles is functional training, it improves your day to day strength because you perform moves which aid day to day activities.
These guys who spend hours grunting and lifting huge weights, living on protien shakes may look toned and all muscle bound but the muscles don't benifit them in every day life

Really?
there was another geek who changed her name and I knew it was her too..I guessed it was her quicker than you though .

I haven't changed my name hun. And I don't know who that is. PM me if it bothers you and I will happily explain x

What is it everyone knows? I'm confused lol. Weight lifting confuses me; reps? The weird names of all the exercises? I have no idea where to begin! What exercises to do?

What is it everyone knows? I'm confused lol. Weight lifting confuses me; reps? The weird names of all the exercises? I have no idea where to begin! What exercises to do?

Very long, and irrelevant story :)
Reps- number of repetitions
Sets- eg. Four lots of 6 reps of bicep curls
YouTube is great for simple workouts

Very long, and irrelevant story :)

Irrelevant?? We'll be the judge of that! Spill the beans. :smack:

Irrelevant?? We'll be the judge of that! Spill the beans. :smack:

No honestly, completely irrelevant to the thread and I don't want to get in trouble again lol

No honestly, completely irrelevant to the thread and I don't want to get in trouble again lol

We'll settle for a PM then. ;)

Nearly is right about training with weights. Before Ruby I used to train with a pt who was into body building. I weighed the same as I do now give or take a couple of lbs but was a size smaller and rather firm. I have invested in a resistance band as it doesn't take up much room and finding it quite effective. I can already see my biceps & triceps starting to appear after just a few weeks. I've also been doing this challenge but proper crunches as nearlyme described.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok its not letting me upload but its a 30 day challenge with push ups, sit ups, squats & lunges.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am so sick of dieting, since eating clean the weight just dropped off and I never feel deprived. Also ditch the so called healthy breakfast cereals, they are not healthy what you need for breakfast is protein. I wish I could do kettlebells but im not allowed so I do lots and lots of Pilates im shocked at how fast it has toned me up.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Pinterest and pumpup app helps me too. It's where I learn different workouts and new moves. There's so many moves I'd be on YouTube allday looking it up so I go on these apps and slowly learn new exercises.

My bf bought me a hula hoop. I try n I try but I just can't do it :/

Latest posts

Back