Dillema! Lost Birth Certificate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannipatch

Reaction score
I have lost my Birth Certificate and I would so appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I was born in Selly Oak hospital in Birmingham and my birth was registered there. My parents came back to Ireland and I have never been there unless as a child so nothing about Birmingham. Does anyone know who I would contact to get a certified copie. Thank you so much for your help.

Try googling it, you can definitely order a replacement online

your local register office can provide you a new one it about £9 HTH x

do you know anyone over here that can go and get it from the resigar office. i had a nightmare with mine as mine is irish they have change the birth certs and a new one had to issued i had to get someone in ireland to get mine and send it over then send it to the irish embassy in london for them to send it back to irish embassy dublin for them to stamp it all for this for getting married aboard the nightmare

or phone the regiser office in england they will help you
racheal

First of all dont panic. You need to find out your number on the GRO of births.Some local librarys hold this info but you can do a pay per view on somewhere like www.findmypast.com .You need to look in births registered on the quarter of the year when u were born, so if you were born in Jan1968 u will be in the jan to Mar 1968 births. The index will state your surname, name and mothers maiden name. take a note of the index and then go to the GRO website General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths and fill in the form to order a new one with the birth index and all your personal details, . You may also be able to order one without the index if you know all the relevant details although this costs a little more. Hope this is clear if not PM me.

your local register office can provide you a new one it about £9 HTH x

Thank you everyone for all your help. I have just ordered one online, didn't realise it was such a simple process. Unfortunately I had to pay £26 but I need it asap. I have been searching for it since 8.30 this morning, I never lose anything as I usually file all away but I have the sneaky suspician that my lovely husband has it with him in Saudi by mistake as his it not here either. I always get the job of looking after all the paperwork so the last time he was home I gave him all his personal papers and crossly told him to look after them from now on. All my personal papers are here, driving licence etc, the only thing missing is my birth certificate which I think he has lifted with his papers but he is not admitting it although he is rather sheepish about it and told me not to look anymore and just buy a new one. Guess he doesn't want to fall out when he is so far away. Thank you all. :)

Latest posts

Back