Disaster set of nails with acrylic and lost my CND badge in the process

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,im gutted and really upset from the set of nails i did last night on a freind. I went to her house to do a set for her and she chose acrylic. Fine i thought as i need more practice with them anyway. So gets all my kit on the table to find i had fogt my Kanga board so i thought *S***T but oh well ill get round it.
Right started to do her nails got the tips on fine blended them in great then started on the acrylic. I noticed that the acrylic beads was not as i normally get them in a bead which i did mention to her....then my brush went all funny with the hairs sticking out all over. So i thought can this get any worse so i got the acrylic best i could with this stupid brush. Did all the set then had a cupa and started to refine them.

OMG what else can go wrong for me the file seamt to be just sliding over the nails...i tapped them and it was like a dull sound not the normal "click" i get.So i said just wait a few mins more to give it time to set...so we did and tried again it was like "rubber".
At this stage i just wanted to crawl in a hole:cry:
She was lovely with me and said dont worry etc but i judt didnt know what to say as this has never happened to me before.It just was not curing at all.So in 1 night i forgot a file,my brush went crap then to top it all the acrylic didnt cure!
We gave it up as a bad job as time was getting on,the only thing i thought it could be as i did notice a difference in the bead was the room was red hot and we was sat on top of the radiator!
Is there a good room temp to have if so what is it please?

So then i packed all my stuff up after contiuing to say my sorrys and left.When i got home my hubby asked why i didnt wear my CND badge as i always do with my Guild badge....OMG it had gone so what a night i had iv got up this morning feeling like crap to be honest.
What do you think could have happened any clues please as i couldnt go through this again!

Thanks for reading x

As im only jsut starting out i dont think i can have muchof a comment but... before i went on a course to learn nails proffesionally i used to just buy random products and do my own. Then one time i hadnt used the product for quite a while and when i had used it previously id poured the used "contaminated" liquid back into the origional container with the new "uncontaminated" liquid.. if that makes sense.. i tried doing my nails but the acrylic wouldnt set and had the rubbery effect. I put it down to contamination now as id mixed used liquid with unused numerous times. I dont know if thats correct though its jsut my opinion. Also my primer (which at the time was just a cheap random one) used to make them go "soggy" and "rubbery" if i used too much. (again thats just my thought on what i did).
If i could give any advice to you is dont be so hard on yourself everyone has bad experiences even the best nail techs would of had something happen to them that has knocked their confidence. As i am jsut starting out at the moment things are going great for me and my grandmas acrylic set are still on 4 weeks later!! and still look brand new, i havent had any complaints yet but i know that sooner or later something will go wrong. because it always happens... so dont be upset, just go get back out there and do another set and see how it goes ... good luck xxx:smack:

Thanks x im going back next wednesday to try again but im not sitting at the radiator again lol. Shes has just phoned me now as she has found my CND badge! so thats cheered me up x
Im saving up to go on the avrylic cnd course so the sooner the better x

Hi I really feel for you. I know what it feels like for everything to go wrong. I tried the Nail extension course once a few years ago, but gave it up not long after starting it.

Its even worse when its a stranger! Although I didnt stick at the Nails course I went onto Hairdressing as it was more my thing. When things go wrong it does really knock your confidence, but the best way to overcome it is to get straight back in there.

I have come across a couple of unhappy clients before, but we cant please everybody, and although your case was not an unhappy client it still makes you feel very low to not get what you wanted to achieve.

one of my unhappy clients was offensive to me and called her finished Hair style a monstrosity another just hated having her hair done and huffed and puffed and moaned because I was pulling her knots out, she said it hurt, but she looked like she hadn't brushed it for days. It really knocks you but to overcome it make sure you check you have your tools and go with bags of confidence. Think positive and it will be fine next week.

Woop just had a phone from friend as she has found my badge on the pebbles outside her home! wayyyyy at least one thing come good.x

It wont have been the heat hun as too much heat would cause it to set really fast and give you problems with the application,
sounds more like a contamination problem,
hope that helps a little.

Lou, i thought it was oh well at least i know now thanks.Anyway so the thing is now then if its contamination i shall have to stop doing acrylics then for now.
Im saving up for my conversion CND course so cant afford to buy some more products of another brand to put me on when i will be only using CND anyway.What shall i do that is the question?

delia thanks for your encouragement xx

I'm confuced now(nothing new :lol:) but you said that you were saving up for a CND conversion in L&P. I thought you had to be CND trained to purchase and use CND acrylic products.
:hug:

I'm confuced now(nothing new :lol:) but you said that you were saving up for a CND conversion in L&P. I thought you had to be CND trained to purchase and use CND acrylic products.

I was using my college products {Mercia} untill i get to the conversion course with CND.

We must have misunderstood then - you wear a CND badge so we assumed you used CND products.

HOW do you get a cnd badge without cnd training?
And why advertise cnd if it's not what you're using?

Glad you found it, as it's important to you.

Just a tad confused.

Zena is trained in brisa gel, hence the CND badge xx

Oh guys sorry for the confusion my fault! i should have written at first what i was useing, i am CND trained in Brisa and i am going for more training in hopefully about a months time in Acrylic so at the minute im using my college product with acrylic untill i get to CND.Thats why i wear my badge as i do Brisa Gel.Hope thats cleared the confusion up before i get a telling off lol

Thanks Clare for the back up xx

LOL:lol:

No problem. I was just curious and confused, I wasn't telling off.
If it's in your profile, "my bad" for not having a look and thinking of the brisa myself:grr:
As I said, glad you found it in the end.

I was using my college products {Mercia} untill i get to the conversion course with CND.

Sorry for missunderstanding you.....I wasn't being funny honest I really was confused :lol:
:hug::hug:

LOL:lol:

No problem. I was just curious and confused, I wasn't telling off.
If it's in your profile, "my bad" for not having a look and thinking of the brisa myself:grr:
As I said, glad you found it in the end.

Hi Victoria thats ok but it is in my profile and on my signiture what im trained lol.
Anyway sorted now im binning all the crap and just doing brisa untill i get the conversion so no acrylic for me untill then.xx:hug:

Hi Victoria thats ok but it is in my profile and on my signiture what im trained lol.
Anyway sorted now im binning all the crap and just doing brisa untill i get the conversion so no acrylic for me untill then.xx:hug:

thats a much better idea, give her a lovely set of gels instead.

then do your conversion and get something of better quality to work with and you'll be able to do a good set of l/p then:hug:

keep your chin up, it'll all be ok.

sounds like a problem with your acrylic liquid, once the salon owner put my acrylic liquid in a clear bottle and when i next used it the liquid was thick and hard to apply,, apparently it had started to cure with daylight, maybe same has happened to you, dont give up its just a hiccup,

I totally sympathise with you , I bet you were breaking into a nervous sweat! At least its all over and done with and you've got you're badge back! Everyone has bad experiences - its all part of the learning curve unfortunately!

I've been doing nails for 10 years now, have my own salon (8years and counting). In my salon we use NSI, CND & Biosculpture. I am not CND trained but I use their products - am I going to get a telling off?!! lol :lol:

Im trained with CND l/p, where's the badge from?? I want one lol!!! Its not in their catalogue?

Latest posts

Back