Dist'r doesn't know what acid & non acid primer is...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Just to show you what kind of idiots I am dealing with..... and what sort of education is available in Montreal; I called my local distributor to place an order and decided to make a few more inquiries regarding their L&P course.

One of my questions was "Does EZ Flow have a non-acid primer?" (I know they have an acid one, burnt myself with it:eek:).
The ditz on the phone answered "our products don't have acid in them" :rolleyes: I repeated myself and explained that there is a difference and she repeats "our products don't have acid in them,it's not on the bottle".:grr:
No matter how I explained, or what information I offered her.... she couldn't answer my question.
Now, in fairness, she was french.. and not terribly bilingual at that, and I was NOT in the mood to speak french since I AM the customer.....
BUT acid is acide in french and really one in all the same thing.... shouldn't be too confusing.
She put me on hold 4 times to ask others there...... and I still don't know.

So, now I ask you, the EZ-Flow geeks: does the EZ Flow L&P system offer a non-acid primer?

thanks!

nope hun sorry , the only one that doesnt use primer is HD , but the A & Q is used with a primer , sorry chick xxxx

I'm sorry but girl spoke only French and you speak both......so what's the big deal in helping her out by speaking French to her. I think it's unfair to call her an idiot.

I understand your problem completely. One of the biggest complaints I get about other wholesalers is that clients ask questions and the employee doesn't know the answer. As for the french issue, I moved here from Vancouver 3 years ago and am trying desperately to learn french. I am at a distinct disadvantage because this is a bilingual province. I have had customers leave or hang up on me because I don't speak french.

I don't know if EzFlow has a non acid primer, but INM does. Its called PH7. If you go to the website, Nail Supply, Supplies, Manufacturers - INM Canada and scroll to the bottom, you will see a list of distributors in your area selling the product. Its great!

EzFlow's primer is methacrylic acid based.

They do NOT have an acid free primer.

HTH

I'm sorry but girl spoke only French and you speak both......so what's the big deal in helping her out by speaking French to her. I think it's unfair to call her an idiot.

If you lived in Quebec, and understood the political climate better, you would understand and wouldn't think it unfair at all.
1 - I am required by LAW to answer my business phone in french.
2 - I am required by LAW to provide proof that I am entitled to an english education
3 - I am required by LAW to advertise in either A)French only or B) bilingual BUT the french portion must be larger and before the english portion. But english doesn't have to be there at all.
4 - I am required by LAW to offer french services
5- I am required by LAW to post a french sign and NOT english
etc etc etc

If I do not deliver on the above, then I am fined and/or jailed.

HOWEVER the same does NOT APPLY to the francophone community
AND
good luck finding a job if you can't speak french. But hey, it's ok to hire a french person who can't speak a word of english.

Good luck finding a doctor that speaks to you in english. Hey, it's your health, it doesn't matter if you understand your doctor or not. Who cares if you take your medication the wrong way. Or an english lawyer?
etc etc...

Had I moved to France, I would expect that there is french only. BUT this is a bilingual province and everything should be equal across the board so forgive me if I am english and demand the same respect afforded the french within this province.
I grew up in a 'bilingual' environment here in quebec, but the partie quebecois got on their band wagon about losing their french culture and started all these laws more or less prohibiting english and making english people 3rd class citizens.
I'm all for bilingualism BUT not when it's one sided and not equal across the board. AND MOST DECIDELY NOT when it's without choice. Choice should be an inherent right and it's taken from us here in quebec.

As for her being an idiot, it's not because she's not bilingual (her parents are at fault for that). It's because despite my explaining the two diff types of primer, she didn't know whether or not EZ Flow had an acid-free primer. If you're selling the product, you ought to know your stock. It's for not knowing her stock, THAT is why she's an idiot.

The french issue was separate from that and I was still annoyed when I posted.

i understand your problem completely. One of the biggest complaints i get about other wholesalers is that clients ask questions and the employee doesn't know the answer. As for the french issue, i moved here from vancouver 3 years ago and am trying desperately to learn french. I am at a distinct disadvantage because this is a bilingual province. I have had customers leave or hang up on me because i don't speak french.

I don't know if ezflow has a non acid primer, but inm does. Its called ph7. If you go to the website, nail supply, supplies, manufacturers - inm canada and scroll to the bottom, you will see a list of distributors in your area selling the product. Its great!

ezflow's primer is methacrylic acid based.

They do not have an acid free primer.

Hth

nope hun sorry , the only one that doesnt use primer is hd , but the a & q is used with a primer , sorry chick xxxx

thanks!!

Oh Dear God.....nothings changed much up there has it?

I remember going up to Trois Pistoles (sp?) with my grandmother cos she wanted to see the family burial plot, where her dad was from, etc. .....my french was damn near nonexistent and hers had a "parisian" dialect to it. People were annoyed with her, she was speaking French, but it wasn't Quebecois!

And this was with her speaking French, but it wasn't good enough for them. (The lady who lived in Paris for two years during the 20's and worked in the dressmakers shops with all the rich folk from the Continent).

Nana was NOT amused, and I recall her telling a few people what they could do with their narrow minded prejudices.

There is *definitely* an attitude there, sympathies from me to you! (I'd be a mass murderer if I had to deal with that)

:)

Nancy

Oh Dear Dear Victoria

I wish I could send you big hugs:hug::hug::hug:

Any way I dont know about EZflow but Young Nails has Protine bond which is a protine based prime (No NO N0 acid):lol:

I understand your pain, I really do. Coming from Vancouver, it is a huge melting pot of different cultures and, of course, languages; so they all learn english. I have been descriminated against for the first time in my life, because I cannot speak french. I never understood the feeling, and I really don't like it. I can muddle along ok now conversationally, but when I get into the technical aspects of nail products, I can't do it in french. It makes me feel inadequate and inferior, but I am working on it!

I would think it would be far worse where you are V, because of the laws in place. There are none of those laws here, thank goodness, or I might have had to move back to BC! I do love it here, though. Its a beautiful province!

As for the employee you are talking about, I get it completely. When Paragon is in a position to hire an employee, he/she will have a set amount of time to learn about our products and he/she will be tested on it. I won't have someone working here that can't answer our clients' questions. Its supposed to be out customer service, and I will do everything in my power to make sure our clients are happy. They are my future!

Sorry but back to the non-acid primer.......

The primer won't burn you if you don't touch living skin, all primers will give you a burning feeling if you touch skin

IBD do a non-acid primer...... & EzFlow & IBD are made by the same manufactures so they are compatible products

I understand your pain, I really do. Coming from Vancouver, it is a huge melting pot of different cultures and, of course, languages; so they all learn english. I have been descriminated against for the first time in my life, because I cannot speak french. I never understood the feeling, and I really don't like it. I can muddle along ok now conversationally, but when I get into the technical aspects of nail products, I can't do it in french. It makes me feel inadequate and inferior, but I am working on it!

I would think it would be far worse where you are V, because of the laws in place. There are none of those laws here, thank goodness, or I might have had to move back to BC! I do love it here, though. Its a beautiful province!

As for the employee you are talking about, I get it completely. When Paragon is in a position to hire an employee, he/she will have a set amount of time to learn about our products and he/she will be tested on it. I won't have someone working here that can't answer our clients' questions. Its supposed to be out customer service, and I will do everything in my power to make sure our clients are happy. They are my future!

Thanks for understanding. It is very frutrating and most anglophones here just toss their hands up and don't fight. Just accepting that it's ok to be discriminated against. Most recently there was a campaign PAID IN PART BY MY TAX DOLLARS that said (loosely translated) "Say Bonjour, it's a much nicer way to say hello". In other ways, greet in french, it's more polite. PARDON ME???? to whom???
So yeah, very frustrated.

As for staff inadequacies, I wish more places were like your own. I am frequently met with uninformed people when I call, who know less than I do when it should be the reverse.
:irked:
Sorry but back to the non-acid primer.......

The primer won't burn you if you don't touch living skin, all primers will give you a burning feeling if you touch skin

IBD do a non-acid primer...... & EzFlow & IBD are made by the same manufactures so they are compatible products

I know. That's what happened, I don't quite remember how, only that the acid primer accidentally got under MY finger nail at the free edge and burned like a 'you-know-what' and I dashed for a glass of milk and had it in there quite a while.

Even when we are careful, accidents do happen. I prefer not to work with things that can be that uncomfortable if I can avoid it.

i am so glad i aint moving to quebec !!! lol , i hope nova scotia iant like that ? otherwise its back to plan A .... head to calgary , lol

I know. That's what happened, I don't quite remember how, only that the acid primer accidentally got under MY finger nail at the free edge and burned like a 'you-know-what' and I dashed for a glass of milk and had it in there quite a while.

Even when we are careful, accidents do happen. I prefer not to work with things that can be that uncomfortable if I can avoid it.

It's happens to everybody at least once
The best thing to do when this happens is put Pure Alcohol on the part that burns and the pain should go within seconds- The alcohol will neutrilize the skin

The only thing you may find with non-acid primer is that different clients produce different amounts of body oils so on some clients non-acid primer with EzFlow will just not work...... for example EzFlow HD was originaly made to be a non primer sistem, but a little after its release EzFlow found that in different climats it had different effects e.g here in Spain you need to use a primer or it will just lift. So now its a Primer opcional Sistem.

And yes i have touched non-acid primer before and it did sting

IMO i would stick to what you've got and just make sure you apply it very dry and about 2mm away from the cuticle, and remember that Primer does expand outwards as you apply so it's better if you apply one stroke up the center of the nail bed and then one stroke on each side.......

Sorry hope you understand what i mean:)

And yes i have touched non-acid primer before and it did sting

IMO i would stick to what you've got and just make sure you apply it very dry and about 2mm away from the cuticle, and remember that Primer does expand outwards as you apply so it's better if you apply one stroke up the center of the nail bed and then one stroke on each side.......

Sorry hope you understand what i mean:)

I use "EZ Flow Gel-It" UV gel right now. And I'm supposed :o to use the acid primer that goes with BUT I experimented with another brand's protein bonder and it works great, never any problems with it.
I plan on taking an L&P course and had wondered if there was an acid-free one that I could use with the L&P, just because it's my preference.

Yes, I do understand what you mean :green: While I don't do L&P, I have picked up a TONNE of knowledge here on geek and figure I'll fly through with great scores on my course.

thanks!

I know here in my city that if you are dealing with the big distributors like Cosmo prof, good luck getting a questions answered the girls that work there don't even have a back ground in the beauty industry (even the hair stylists complain that they don't know anything) If you can deal with the smaller distributors (independently owned) you will get much better service because they have worked in the industry and know their products inside and out....or at least that is the case here :)

INM has a great product called "Stop-it". It immediately stops primer burn. You can put it right over the enhancement and it will not prevent adhesion. Its GREAT!

I know here in my city that if you are dealing with the big distributors like Cosmo prof, good luck getting a questions answered the girls that work there don't even have a back ground in the beauty industry (even the hair stylists complain that they don't know anything) If you can deal with the smaller distributors (independently owned) you will get much better service because they have worked in the industry and know their products inside and out....or at least that is the case here :)

Its true here too. The biggest compliments I get are about our customer service. Problem is, they get their fav products at the big guys - they don't come here! NB is a CND Brisa province, which is great because the products are wonderful. The issue is, they have an exclusivity agreement with the big guys and I can't sell it here.:irked:

Ah see V......ask here first and save yourself the bother:lol::hug:
Je'mapelle Judy..yep that's about it for me......good job I don't live there isn't it?
Acid primer unless using HD primerless and always remember to keep the bottle on the table..not in your hand and then no accidents will happen...blu tack it to the desk if you need to stop yourself picking it up mate x

Ah see V......ask here first and save yourself the bother:lol::hug:
Je'mapelle Judy..yep that's about it for me......good job I don't live there isn't it?
Acid primer unless using HD primerless and always remember to keep the bottle on the table..not in your hand and then no accidents will happen...blu tack it to the desk if you need to stop yourself picking it up mate x

I know sweetie, but the day I posted this (and it's a slightly old thread ROFL) you weren't online 'at the time'. hehe:hug:
Thanks for the blu-tac idea!! I'm terrible at hitting things and knocking them over UGH!

:green:

Latest posts

Back