DIY Shellac.....so mad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to mute her when I went back to comment a secind time lol she is like human laxitive :-/

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Love the comments on the vid girls, it's a shame though they will be ignored :(

Wish there was a way we could delete here off youtube. :(

There are soooo many 'save money do it at home' vids out there full of misinformation.

I know I'm only new to all of this but it really annoys me. I put so much effort into my training, my assigments, my exams, the many many sleepless nights.Even though technically I am qualified I know I need a hell of a lot more practice to provide professional results with anything to do with nails.

You tube is chock a block with dumb ass videos ... And they look it and sound it lol.

It doesnt make me either angry or annoyed. I don't give it a seconds thought.
Why would I?

Theres do it yourself versions or videos around fr everything these days, doesnt mean most people will. Some might, but they arent the people who would have been great long standing clients of ours anyways. If anything you sometimes gain clients when people make a bodge job at home themselves.

People will always think anything can be done easily. I could have a bash at mending my own roof, fixing my car or doing my own dental work, but I wont. If I did I would probably become a life long customer of the roofer / mechanic or dentist that ended up fixing my mess for me.

I understand peoples frustrations but its really not positive or productive to spend time complaining about it, that wont make us anymore money and if anything hinders us as we get too defensive and offended when clients talk about DIY stuff.

Dont pay it any mind, maybe they can do it at home. But you can do it better. Thats what counts.

lol she still has no idea what she is doing. She is just a little girl though, I dont think she has any intention of providing a service to the public, she is playing at being a grown up like Teenagers do. Shame she was able to buy the products off e-bay though really, its the Tech's that sell them on there that should be ashamed of themselves really....

i hope you're not saying teenagers can't be nail techs?

Someone showed me a youtube vid of someone teaching people how to cut their own hair. I thought it was hilarious! There is no way I felt threatened by it. Lets face it, if you cut your own hair, you are gonna need me more than ever.

Shellac is a huge hit in my salon. Those women who love it are no way going to scour ebay and youtube looking for a DIY version. They often change colour at every appointment, so it would cost them an absolute fortune to buy every colour, plus all the kit.
If people want to do their nails themselves, they can buy nail varnish from cheap to expensive, and paint their nails.

How many clients still come into nail salons because they don't want to / can't do their own?

Really stop stressing about DIYers, they will always be there, alongside dopey dabblers and benefit bandits.

Wow she likes the sound of her own voice doesn't she?!!!!! Div.......

I can't believe that is even on there!!! The fact she had dsperse and then went and got something else to do the job of dsperse just shows how much of a retard she is!

She isn't a retard, I absolutely LOATHE that expression as I have a son with Aspergers who's had that thrown at him at school several times. What she is is a normal teenager (looks school age or just out of school to me) who does what teens do and is trying everything herself. She's posted it on Youtube because that's the age we live in.

Actually I'll stand in the other corner and say I think she has the gift of the gab and IF she were to go on and develop an interest in doing nails she'd probably go far if she turned out to have the skills. She knew why it had lifted, which I get the feeling was what she meant and she found that edge and then picked it off. She will never be the only one to have her nails done and then try it home. I did, I bought try me kits off Fleabay and tried to do what my nail tech did and had never ending issues. It was only with training that I realised why I had lift and breakages.

This video doesn't make me feel angry, anyone who tries what she recommended will soon hit snags and actually I don't believe that anyone searching for Shellac info will see that and take it as anything against the product given she's obviously so very very young.

She's misguided, but let's all stop this stuff about being young.

I was only 17 when I became a tech. I've seen many DIY things made by women 50+.

Ignorance knows no age.

She's misguided, but let's all stop this stuff about being young.

I was only 17 when I became a tech. I've seen many DIY things made by women 50+.

Ignorance knows no age.

Good for you if you knew what you wanted to do. If she's like my teens then she'll get to the end of school and still not really know what she wants to do. Everyone is different and youth is definately a factor in mistakes and the age when you think you know it all (also usually a mistake). Ive got two 18yr olds, a 17yr old and a 14yr old and watch this daily :lol:

Of course, we should just be clear that not all young girls are like this.

I have my own shop and I'm the ripe old age of 21. And my clients take me very seriously. :)

This make me so angry, not only does she not know what she's talking about and giving wrong info, but again another none pro has been able to buy CND products dont you just wish we could ban ebay selling pro products.

Not sure if it makes a difference but she's not a teen, she's over 21.

No not all, but get to my age and you've seen enough to realise that age is most often the factor, not exceptions like you. Its always good to see exceptions.

Anyhoooo, look, that was my opinion, nothing more, which is what this place is all about. :hug:

Not sure if it makes a difference but she's not a teen, she's over 21.

Haha yes to a degree although not all I said was age related. It just got sidetracked to that :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say she was older than you think. She mentions living 'at home' like it was temporarily, so I'd guess she was at uni or something.

But age has no relevance. People of all ages are stupid.

Go, Go, Eskimo! I was 18 when I started working for myself. People are shocked when I tell them I'm still only 26! Lol. :D

A client thought I was 32.

My mouth dropped right open lol

This make me so angry, not only does she not know what she's talking about and giving wrong info, but again another none pro has been able to buy CND products dont you just wish we could ban ebay selling pro products.

Thats the real issue isn't it, that there are people out there buying the products and then selling them on. Granted she's not as young as I thought but she's buying products based on bad advice from other people on line and thats all possible because people are unscrupulous and sell stuff on.

Thing is, every industry has this. If every car mechanic had a fiver for every car they get in that the owner already tried to fix with their trusty Haynes manuals we'd have nation of very well off mechanics. Most hairdressers probably see more than their fair share of kids who's mother bought the latest gadget and cut their kids hair themselves. Bakers still sell their cakes and bread despite bread machines and kits so even the most inept person can have a go at cupcakes.

The bottom line is this young woman will not dent the nail industry. In fact she does say she still goes to get her nails done from time to time.

A client thought I was 32.

My mouth dropped right open lol

Got to love them sometimes don't you, one of mine thought I was pregnant and some one else thought when I talked about my 18yr olds that I was their gran. Nice...............

She's 23...........so age is not on her side.......I didnt pick up and bunny or what ever that furry thing was near the end and do baby talk at 23.......oh well, I must be getting old then if everything under 30 looks like it just left school!! :o:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back