Do I carry on doing this clients nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'd do her nails. Even if she is going to you to try and get information, oh well. You're there to do business not chat about your partner so I'd greet her with a smile, keep conversation to general topics and at the end of it take her money. Prove that you're the bigger person. She may not know she's making you feel this way, or if she does and she enjoys it, stop her from having this hold on you and your partner, he chose to be with you again.

I'm on the suspicious side of the fence with this one. Why the heck does she want YOU to do her nails?!?!? Are you the only nail tech in a 10 mile radius? Sounds like trouble to me. I'd tell her to take a hike. She's up to no good that one, probably still fancies your bloke and is trying to figure out a way to steal him off you.

I know I sound harsh but believe me, I've seen it all, been around a while. :o

Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. Me and my partner spilt for around 4-5 months during this time we both saw other people. Finally we decided to give it another go as we have a 2 year old.

He got me a client from he's work who wanted shellac, I have done her nails twice now, but I have recently found out that they had been on a date together when we were broken up.

My problem is that I didn't know this prior to first doing her nails and now I feel really ark ward as i found this out as I had a feeling something went on between them, not that he told me off he's own back.

What do I do or what would you ladies do??
NO! Step away from the client - big alarm bells going off here. Why would you want to have your nails done by the wife of someone you went on a date with - bunny boiler ALERT!

I wouldn't do her nails - I prefer to keep my distance from situations like this as it tends to cause extra stress. Go with your instincts, if you don't want to do it then save that appointment time for someone else.

NO! Step away from the client - big alarm bells going off here. Why would you want to have your nails done by the wife of someone you went on a date with - bunny boiler ALERT!
HAHA! This made me laugh out loud! Bunny Boiler Alert! I am gonna use this phrase again. The advice totally makes sense, too.

I was in this situation, I did my boyfriends exs nails with our knowing and she just brought it up in conversation... I can safely say that I wouldn't be doing them again. Lol

I don't think I would have a problem doing them if he would have just told me in the first place. There has been alot of lying going on about this "date" which is making me over think things.

I have no idea why she wants me to keep doing them but she does. He tells me that she goes on about how much she likes her nails at work which is a good thing for me but again it's just all the lies that I've been told surrounding this that's making me feel arkward. Coz I don't know if I fully believe him x

This woman/girl/whatever should have no part in your life, as a client or otherwise. The fact that she works with your other half is unfortunate but can't be helped. You can however change the client/therapist situation and if I were you, I would do it quick smart.

The interesting thing for me is not the girl as most people are focusing on but the boy-friend/husband.

Why would he suggest this lady to you?

Your problem should not be with the girl but with your partner.

So far the girl has done nothing wrong except go on a couple of dates when you and he were broken up.

In my opinion the focus should be on him.

And if it turns out to be anything more than what it seems to be I still say you should look at him. He is the one who is supposed to love and care about you. The other woman is taking care of her own life and interests and she does not have any requirement or need to think about or consider you.

That is the job of your boyfriend/husband.

So. You have to trust your partner to be honest and truthful about his intentions in suggesting this lady as a client.

Until it is proved that HE cannot be trusted.

She owes you nothing. He owes you everything.

xx

Ooh I'd overlooked that! Good point!

The interesting thing for me is not the girl as most people are focusing on but the boy-friend/husband.

Why would he suggest this lady to you?

Your problem should not be with the girl but with your partner.

So far the girl has done nothing wrong except go on a couple of dates when you and he were broken up.

In my opinion the focus should be on him.

And if it turns out to be anything more than what it seems to be I still say you should look at him. He is the one who is supposed to love and care about you. The other woman is taking care of her own life and interests and she does not have any requirement or need to think about or consider you.

That is the job of your boyfriend/husband.

So. You have to trust your partner to be honest and truthful about his intentions in suggesting this lady as a client.

Until it is proved that HE cannot be trusted.

She owes you nothing. He owes you everything.

xx

Quite right! Love that :)

Personally I wouldn't care less. I'd di her nails, take her cash and try sell her everything else I could!

Me and my fella have been together 11 n half years and about 5 years ago we split for a bit. It was difficult as he was seeing someone else for a while during this time. I have this woman on my Facebook and she comment on my wall as do I on hers. No chit chat but it's friendly, I don't see the problem you've got the man and we are all adults.

Saying this people do say I'm too laid back as I'm not jealous or anything like that. So much so if a woman came to chat him up while I was sat next to him I probs wouldn't say anything unless he did the same back.......then I'd spark him out 😄

I can actually relate to this story very well. My fiancée and I went through a bit of a rough patch 4 and a half years years ago now. We were separated for about 9 months and both saw other people.

We have since got back together and now live together and have done for about 4 years. When we split my partner moved to Swansea (50 miles away from me) so the distance was a bit tricky... After getting back together I moved in with him. Although we set up a new life together in Swansea all my mobile clients were in Cardiff so I was commuting most days. I am a big family girl and being 50 miles away from my mum and dad was hard, two years later my partner was offered a new job position in Newport, 5 minutes away from my mum and dad. Amazing!

Until.... The snag was he would have to work with the girl he was seeing whilst we had split. He is a stock manager and she would be his team leader.

I thought I would totally be okay with it because I am not usually the jealous type but the first time I saw them talking in work I felt sick to the core!

However.... We have now been back in Newport for 2 years and they still work together and argue like cat and dog! Haha! Would I be comfortable to do a treatment on her? If I'm honest not a chance although I can understand why other people would enjoy it lol!

I hope you work out what is best for you! And I wish you and your partner all the luck for the future xx

Thanks ladies for all your advice, he is the one at fault not her coz he didn't tell me what went on.

On the other hand if I was her I would feel so silly and arkward asking the partner of a guy I've dated to do my nails or is that just me???

I know it all seems silly but I feel like there is some kind of hidden adgender (excuse any spelling mistakes lol) x

If your gut instinct is telling you there is a hidden agenda, then there most probably is one!

Why would he suggest a girl he had dated to come to you?
Why would she come to you knowing you are his OH?
Why are you treating her?

You obviously feel it is not right otherwise you would not ask the question. They are both insensitive in my mind. Alarm bells are ringing and I know what I would do LOL!

I couldn't treat anyone who's been involved in anyway with my partner, no matter how much she paid me lol

Absolutely not! It's obviously bugging you as you are posting it on here. Get rid of her. It's not worth the hassle or worry. You have enough issues to deal with, you don't need any more!

Thanks girls, I think I'm just gonna carry on after all it only takes me 30 mins then she'll be out the door. I'm just gonna remain professional with no gossipy chat jut gonna try and be the bigger person x

Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. Me and my partner spilt for around 4-5 months during this time we both saw other people. Finally we decided to give it another go as we have a 2 year old.

He got me a client from he's work who wanted shellac, I have done her nails twice now, but I have recently found out that they had been on a date together when we were broken up.

My problem is that I didn't know this prior to first doing her nails and now I feel really ark ward as i found this out as I had a feeling something went on between them, not that he told me off he's own back.

What do I do or what would you ladies do??

Yuck! what a snaky woman! keep away from her she's trying to get info on you and your relationship, so when you break up gain she can worm her way in!! She can get shellac anywhere but chooses you?
pssssh

Latest posts

Back