Do i shut up and put up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching this thread and hun i really feel for you!! How awful :( really is best to speak to them or the idea of saying you cant offer the use of your loo for insurance reasons! It cant be healthy for you clearing that mess up every two weeks..euugghh! Just send message out explaining and ask them to ruin their own bathrooms before they come to yours and mess up yours!! :(
Good luck hun and keep us updated :)

Kayleigh xx

Emma at Elite - I would love to do them quicker than i do and believe me with 2 lamps, i go as quick as i can, plus put my prices up in Feb, and they know other people that come here!!! xx

UPDATE AAAGGGGHHH!!!! Totally wimped out today!!!

I put my paper seat cover on the toilet seat and one around the pedestal on the floor. They turned up with a birthday cake for me, chocolates, flowers, a candle and a bottle of wine!!! OMG!! How very kind, but still does not make how i feel about her piddling everywhere any easier to stomach!!! They came upstairs together and she said i need a quick tinkle:Scared::Scared: and as she opened the door she said " oh my goodness" the friend said "what is it" and dashed of to have a look, and Mrs Widdle said "i dont think i can use it it is all covered up with paper- i need to go can i use it" the friend said "why has it got a cover on it?" and they both just stood and glared at me, and i said pathetically, ive had to put a cover on it because someone keeps coming here and making a mess all over the seat and the floor, to which the friend replied Ugh! how disgusting:grr:
She used it and never said a word when she came out, anyway, the seat and the floor was dry today - hurragghh! I wonder, just wonder, if maybe she had had a think about it and realised that it is her, or are people really that stupid!!!
I will keep using the covers, and if it happens again thats it, loo will be banned and if they say they cant come because of that then its tough!!!
Ive loved all your replies to this thread, just wanted you all to know how it went!!! xxxx

Really glad you told them about the Yucky situation you were finding - Congratulations on a dry bathroom. :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love:

Well done hun, massive pat on the back for you :hug::hug::hug:
It doesnt sound like you wimped out, sounds like you have got your point across without offending & so far with the perfect outcome! Fingers crossed its the sign of things to come.
Ah that is really sweet of them to bring you a birthday cake (no doubt they had some for their afternoon tea :rolleyes:, still its the thought that counts x

Aww that's brilliant!! So glad it's sorted (hopefully for good) I've been thinking about you!! Xx

Been told about this thread by a friend and glad to see it has a happy ending!

Congrats on sorting it out!

Wonderful! She couldn't really say anything other than accept it or she would be admitting she is the messy one! I'm so glad it worked.

Right here is what i would do. i stop beating around the bush, next time she uses your toilet, go in immediatly after her "omg in bursting" when you see the mess go out to her n say "excuse me it appears one has left a little puddle in my bathroom, be a sweetie n wipe it up for me please, dont be embarressed we all do it sometimes but i always check when i leave a loo just in case."

if she doesnt get the hint and carries on doing it then i would discreetly say sorry you cant use my bathroom.

Yup, being 'straight forward' gets the job more often than not, and sometimes injecting a little humour and/or humility helps.

Sorry to put this in your mind but if she's leaving that much mess i'd be more worried about if she is even washing her hands? :/

YOIKES!!!
Which brings to mind the soap I have in my loo. It's strong enough (grapefruit-citrus scented) that when a client sits in front of me, I can 'smell' if they've used it or not (and I'm a smoker) and I actually asked one time "do you not like my soap?" and they asked "why???" so I answered straight up "well... I can't smell it? I can always smell when someone has washed their hands. Is the scent too strong for you?" After that, she ALWAYS washed her hands properly.

They came upstairs together and she said i need a quick tinkle:Scared::Scared: and as she opened the door she said " oh my goodness" the friend said "what is it" and dashed of to have a look, and Mrs Widdle said "i dont think i can use it it is all covered up with paper- i need to go can i use it" the friend said "why has it got a cover on it?" and they both just stood and glared at me, and i said pathetically, ive had to put a cover on it because someone keeps coming here and making a mess all over the seat and the floor, to which the friend replied Ugh! how disgusting:grr:
She used it and never said a word when she came out, anyway, the seat and the floor was dry today - hurragghh! I wonder, just wonder, if maybe she had had a think about it and realised that it is her, or are people really that stupid!!!
I will keep using the covers, and if it happens again thats it, loo will be banned and if they say they cant come because of that then its tough!!!
Ive loved all your replies to this thread, just wanted you all to know how it went!!! xxxx

See? there's always a way to be straight forward without putting someone on the spot. You didn't exactly wimp out, you told them exactly why that paper was there. Some people are just nasty and inconsiderate.
Hang in there kiddo
<hugs>

WAHEY!!!

Congratulations huni, I think that is a fab result! So glad to hear it! And you managed to do it so effectively without making enemies or losing clients... not a wimp out at all! I honestly think thats the best you could have hoped for :D So glad to hear of your astonishing SUCCESS! xxx

I've loved this thread and have been watching for ages! Glad it's all sorted hon, although I'd worry if the cake was homemade for hygiene reasons! Lol

I've loved this thread and have been watching for ages! Glad it's all sorted hon, although I'd worry if the cake was homemade for hygiene reasons! Lol

Ha Ha !!!!! Wouldnt have touched it if it was - but it was a boxed M&S cake - yum, bang goes the diet!!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks to you all have a good weekend XXXX:Love:

:biggrin: My thoughts too on the cake!! :biggrin:

Have loved reading this thread, very funny in parts! :wink2:

Glad its resolved now x :Love:

Latest posts

Back