Do well less tips need blending?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
One of the reasons I have been staying away from using tips is because of the time taken to blend.

I have been sculpturing nails but at the moment I am not happy with the amount of powder i am using (too much) or the shape (too much filing needed for the length and the shape, usually too wide)

I have used some tips on myself and i filed the well area out to make them just a little bit of contact area. I didn't blend because I was doing p&w over the top. The result was good.

Can I do this all the time if I am applying colour over the top and just blend if the nail is to be overlayed to look natural.

Can you use the natural for most things e.g. crushed shells, glitter etc. Is there any need to use clear?

hi
Have a look at the tutorials on blending theres some great hints and tips,and get geegs book its called nailclass its has some fab hints and tips in there that will help you.hth

You can buy well less tips that need no blending at all,
creative do some called performance tips, they come in natural, clear & white, hth

Oooo where would i be without my well less tips....i love the ease of using them, no blending at all :green:

When I use well less tips I always blend them.

If I apply a natural well less tip, unblended and then apply white below the tip placement, I can still can see the line where the tip has been adhered, unless I am using opaque powders.

White well less tips are another story, but I need a decent nail bed to get the balance right.

So I will always blend a natural well less tip, takes about 5 seconds.

I know how to do blending, I just wondered if it always had to be done.

I already have the book nail class too.

just wondered?

hi
Have a look at the tutorials on blending theres some great hints and tips,and get geegs book its called nailclass its has some fab hints and tips in there that will help you.hth

OHHH me to I love my well less tips...I never use anything else so easy to use and off you go...:green:...
quote=pips;788472]Oooo where would i be without my well less tips....i love the ease of using them, no blending at all :green:[/quote]

Creative do a well less tip called performance...they already have the shine removed too.

Its often said that a blended tip is stronger than non blended tip as it allows for more product and its the product that gives us the strength...but if you are using a tip that is designed for non blending it will work.

IMO using any old tip and not blending will result in a thick and less strong enhancement .... these specially designed well less tips are usually alot thinner than regular tips.

When I use well less tips I always blend them.

Me to Cathie! Thank god....I thought I was possibly a bit OTT blending well-less tips, when no one else seemed to. I'm so glad to find out someone else does too!

It really does only take seconds and improves the final result no end!

I never used to tip because I hated blending, but actually quite enjoy it nowadays! The key is finding a tip that blends easily and strong!

Latest posts

Back