Do you answer the phone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The phone rings during a treatment, do you

• Total voters

hippy-chick

Reaction score
When you are with a client, would you answer your phone, or do you let it go to answerphone.

I used to go to a salon run by one person and she would answer the phone mid treatment, even relaxing ones, so I made a mental note not to book a massage with her.

I was on a 4 day training course and the tutor constantly answered her mobile throughout the course. It really, really annoyed me.

So, I personally put my phone on silent and wait until the client has left before I answer it. I keep my phone in viewing distance just incase its the school ringing.

I do not answer my phone, I have it on silent. I would hate it if I was the client if my therapist left me mid treatment and answered her phone.

As i am on my own yes i do answer the phone and take bookings but only if I'm doing a set of nails,
if i am waxing, spray tanning or doing any other treatment then i let the answer phone take it,
as i am on my own, and i never complain when they take calls on their mobiles, none of the clients mind hth

I take calls, I am in a very competitive area, if they don't get me they'll try someone else. If it is an existing client I tell them Ill get back to them.

Works well for me:)

It depends on the treatment if i performing a massage or facial for example i ignore it. if i'm doing a nail treatment i ask the client if i can get that and apologies

I never had a mobile for business,only a land line.....if it was important the client would leave a message,as i never would answer during a facial or body treatment....:)

My phone was never in the same room,it was always in reception.....but sometimes my receptionist would answer it....my husband:lol:

it all depend on whats going on around you. relaxing treatments set your phone to silent and let the answer phone do all the work for you.
if you are doing manicure or pedicure answer the phone.
loosing buissiness is not what you want at all
x

I put my phone on silent and put it in my pocket. Being mobile I keep it in my pocket for security reasons but don't answer it if it rings.

The client is paying for my time and service. Not paying for me to arrange bookings elsewhere.

If I had a therapist who did that to me I wouldn't go to them again.

For the majority of treatments I don't get the phone whilst with another client. I let it go to answer phone.

If my daughter is at home she normally takes both house phone and mobile phone while I am in the salon and takes any messages for me to ring the client back.

If im with a client my phone is on silent and I will let it go to mailbox. Once im free I call them back.

All my clients are aware of this and havent found it a problem and I always call them back the same day and if I cant I text them followed with a call the following day.

I will only ever answer the phone if it is the school calling.

As someone else has said, your client is paying for your time and not for you to spend on the phone however long it takes you.

I always work on the saying that you should look after the clients you do have rather than always worrying about the ones you might get.

If you cheese off the clients you have then they might not be clients any more.

I know we might think that our clients dont mind, but what if they are rushing to another appointment and because of us answering the phone, we make them late. Or you are then late for your next customer.

I HATE it when I am doing a training and a cell phone rings. I find totally disrespectfull toward me, and the ppl who came to learn or improve.
I HATE it if I am training and any other ppl on the training let her phone rings. it disrespects the trainor, and us.
so I would probably hate it if I were a client and my tech would answer. but there's no real choice, in some salons there is a receptionnist but I work in big structures, with a few techs in the same room, so a few clients, the salon lines (hek one I work with has 3 lines), the garage... etc. so we answer. but make it quick.

From a client perspective I have to say I found it really annoying when my nail tech answered her phone. One second she was working away, and chatting to me and the next its a quick 'excuse me a minute' and off she went to take an appointment. Its only a minute or two but if your like me and paranoid about not being late for the appointment to start with it's annoying. :hug:

As a mobile tech I have my phone on all the time but when it rings during appts I leave to answerphone (which is a business message) and call back between appts.

I answer the phone straightaway but always say to the client, 'excuse me while I take this call' then deal with it accordingly. I only do nails now so it's not interrupting a relaxing treatment. When I was mobile, I used to let the calls go to the answer machine. If calls aren't answered in salon, people don't like to leave messages so you risk losing potential new clients.

I never answer the phone when Im doing nails, it also states on my website and pamphlets, I may not answer the phone when you call if I am with a client as they are paying for my time and attention, but I will cll you back as soon as possible.
My clients seem to like knowing they wont get disturbed, and its never been a problem yet...xx

If i am with a regular client i know who dosent mind me taking calls and who dose, but as a mobile hair and beauty therapist i do find i loss a lot of new clients if i dont take the call and ring them back when i am done i more offten than not get the reply sorry i have book with someone else now as a lot of people are like me when i want my hair doing i ring till i find someone strate away rather than waiting for a ring back, our line of bussnes is very competative. I hate lossing work but on the other hand my regulars keep me going so i act accodingly as to who im with and what im doing at the time.

I don't answer the phone during a luxury manicure, pedicure or luxury pedicure. However I do sometimes when doing enhancements or a basic manicure if I think the client will be ok about it. I always ask the client's permission to answer the call. If I think the client will be funny about it, I don't answer.

Latest posts

Back