Do you charge straight away after training??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne P

Reaction score
I done my Glam Lash training over the week (which was great - think im already addicted!!) but im just wondering how soon after training do you start charging??
Like should I offer them at a really reduced price to family and friends maybe until i get better ??
Thanks thanks!!:D

I done my Glam Lash training over the week (which was great - think im already addicted!!) but im just wondering how soon after training do you start charging??
Like should I offer them at a really reduced price to family and friends maybe until i get better ??
Thanks thanks!!:D

I don't do lashes, but that's exactly what most people do for other treatments. Good luck x
Posted via Mobile Device

I trained with Glam lash in Jan, I did a few sets for free until I was happy with my application and then charged a small amount to get as much practice in as I could so I could improve my speed.
It was a slow steady process for me, but I am now at full price for my lashes.
Hope that helps xxx

Exactly the same here really. I trained a few months back, I 'challenged' myself to 10-12 freebie case studies on friends and familly, inc. natural sets/glamour sets/infills etc and then I did all lashes £30, infills £15 which is about half the price I will normally charge. I think you can apply this to most newly trained in treatments and it gives you a good start. I'll charge this reduced rate til i'm confident, and 100% happy with the lashes I produce. hth x x

I charged right from the start, the only people that get freebies out of me are family, friends get mates rates but thats it, i started at a reduced price of £30 and then went up once i was competant c

I have never charged reduced prices,reason being is I think it would be hard putting your prices up once you felt confident.

The way I have always done it is practice,practice,practice on my friends and family,for free,then when I'm happy I start on the clients at the price I intend to charge routinely.Jmho.:D

I charged straight from the start... I begun with reduced price and told every single client that reduced price will only last one month, when I started charging usual price, some of my clients still stayed and were happy to pay more, others did not, however I gained a lot of new clients fast as I was building portfolio while doing reduced price. Good Look :hug:

im trained with glam lash which was fab , and im not going to be doing any free sets , but i am going to do an introductory offer as 20% off , to get people in , im quite happy to go a head with doing them (as i already do the temp individuals ,and single lash sets) , just need to be a bit tidyier when worked i.e glue lol xx

Hi, best to start out charging (at a reduced rate - special offer).
You can then charge full price when you feel confident enough and you simply just end your special offer. Lou xx

oooh i cannot wait, I have my training on Sunday!!!! im so excited. I havent recieved any confirmaiton tho yet so i hope it is still going ahead.xx

yes . i did discount for friends but few also a few freebies at the start. when i thought right this is it . lol i just put a special offer .. saying book now and get a free infill one month only offer. ...:D

I did 5 free sets as further practise (to help with my times and techique) and then offered them at full price but with the first maintenance free and that worked great for me. i did this for about 4 weeks and then went on to business as usual.

tigi

Can you charge before you get the certificate of training or after you receive the certificate? Im not charging at the moment I have passed my case studies but am waiting for the certificate.

I am doing one set for free so i can time myself, i am then offering friends and family half price until i get my speed up. Anyone else will have to pay full price, at the end of the day if you've trained then they're getting the same service it will just take a bit longer. You can't service or charge members of the public until you have your insurance which you wont get until you have your certificate HTH xx

Latest posts

Back