Do you hold the bottle.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep Ive been told too to hold the bottle or we fail our assessments,:)

I hold the bottle when using creative enamel but find OPI to bulky to hold. I've only got little hands.

I'm amazed to read that you had to hold the bottle or fail assessments :confused: it sounds ridiculous to me.........I have my bottle to the side.

I am a bottle holder too, I find it so much easier. I do have bigger hands though, I can even hold the Big Super Shiney!

I'm amazed to read that you had to hold the bottle or fail assessments :confused: it sounds ridiculous to me.........I have my bottle to the side.
Adele, in college we were told we could lose marks if we did not hold the bottle, would you believe? Rediculous I agree. As far as I am concerned, as long as you do a great job and the finish is perfect, who cares what you do with your bottle!

But these assessment centers are quite pushy. It's their way or else!

Over the years I learned to hold the bottle. I think the idea that it is 'damaging' is that the heat generated by your hands can cause the polish to become thick and gloopy. Personally, I think that the removal of the lid for a long period of time is what causes the gloopiness as air gets into the polish and it starts to set in the bottle.

Therefore, I find holding the enamel bottle in my fingers, thumb and pointer only (not hands), allows for quick dipping in and out of the bottle to minimize it's exposure to air.

Then whilst the first coat is drying, I close the bottle and gently roll between my hands to mix up again and help loosen the thickness IYKWIM.

It's been the 'professional' way to hold the bottle for as long as I can remember and long before that too.

There are usually reasons for working practices like these.
-it's a bit quicker as the bottle is closer to where you're working
-there is no chance of knocking the bottle over
-the neck stays cleaner as your brush doesn't 'miss' it so often
-if the bottle is less than half full it can be held at an angle

For the job I do, it's impossible to have it on the desk because I don't have a desk! I usually work standing up as it's the only place available.

Hot hands can make the polish a bit thick but not if you're quick. Thick polish just needs a good shake and it will be back to normal

I always hold the bottle when applying enamel! :)

i hold the bottle when apply the enamel too..its gives a professional look :green:

Yeah i hold the bottle! Its quicker and easier... not unless its a huge 2.3oz super shiney!!

i feel wrong if i dont hold the bottle. its essential for me to balance properly!! i even hold my salon size CND botles most of the time lol.

Same here, I end up nearly knocking it over or something daft like that when I dont hold it

Yup. That's me too. I have to hold it or it's virtually guaranteed that I'll knock it over at some point.

S

We don't have to for ours.. our tutor did teach us to do it that way but it isn't in the assessment standards for it.. thankfully as, although I can do it, I just don't feel as relaxed and comfortable (sweaty palms) :)

When i did my training we were taught to hold the bottle .xx

I have tried both and find holding it a little awkward.

I did the Jessica manicure training a week ago and they teach you not to hold the bottle as they say it makes the polish go gloopy due to the heat of your hand. TBH I found Jessica polish very gloopy to start with so can see why they would discourage you from holding.

I hold it... I've been trained that way, and it means I won't kick it over AND I rememner where it is. (yeah I have memory issues lol)

Wow,so many replies...thanks guys:)

I ask this,as i was told not to hold the bottle when i was at a trade test....i tried it,and,it felt strange,and i did not feel professional:eek::lol:

However i have taken on board some comments and will try it to the side...

Incidentally,when i trained in VT CT,it was,not a failure to not hold the bottle...so maybe it is different in colleges to others....

Thanks for the replies though:hug:

Latest posts

Back