Do you hold the bottle.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
.....in your hand or leave it to the side while applying enamel....i ask this as it may sound pedantic,but i was recently told that if you hold the bottle in the hand while doing this it warms the enamel which is detrimental:eek::lol:

However i feel that holding the bottle,i feel more comfortable....sorry to be a pain in the a@@ for asking but i wanted to know your thoughts:confused::lol:

i leave it to the side, tryed holding it but prefer it at the side of me..xx

Last edited:
i hold mine in my hand, that i hold the fingers in
i find it much easier and quicker

Yeah i hold the bottle! Its quicker and easier... not unless its a huge 2.3oz super shiney!!

I don't think you have it in your hand long enough for it to do any damage!

xx

I always have it to the side as I too was lead to believe that the warmth of your hand was detrimental to the varnish.

I tried holding it but it really did not feel comfortable.

I do both, it depends on the client sometimes. If they are relaxed then I find it easier to hold the bottle, but if they find it hard to relax then I find it easier to put the bottle to one side. Does this make sense.xx

I first found it quite difficult to hold the bottle in my hand but then got the hang of it the more I practiced but I have found that I prefer to leave it just to the side. I have found it easier when applying polish to slightly pinch the sides of the finger and to rest the clients other fingers across the back of my hand iykwim. My client seems to feel more relaxed too and doesn't stick their fingers out all rigid if they are resting on my hand.

Hope that makes sense.... :)

I Always hold the bottle.

i too hold the bottle flower - but saying that, i think it also depends on how quick you are at applying the varnish - i apply it in "whats considered" the norm, and have a lamp gleaming down, and i dont have any probs with the varnish going gloopy flower

Last edited:
I hold too and haven't noticed any problems.

i was always taught to hold the bottle so always do , lo guess old habits are hard to break , :green:

Ditto :lol:

xx

when i did my NVQ we had to hold it or we failed our assessments, and it now kinda feels more uncomfortable not to. Havent noticed any problems applying the polish either, but then my hands are normally on the cool side. :green:

I do both, it depends on the client sometimes. If they are relaxed then I find it easier to hold the bottle, but if they find it hard to relax then I find it easier to put the bottle to one side. Does this make sense.xx

Absolute sense, to me !
I'm with you on this one :)

when i did my NVQ we had to hold it or we failed our assessments, and it now kinda feels more uncomfortable not to. Havent noticed any problems applying the polish either, but then my hands are normally on the cool side. :green:

Same here, I end up nearly knocking it over or something daft like that when I dont hold it

I always keep the bottle to the side. I find I have more control and get a much better polish finish if I hold back the sidewalls with my left hand and polish with my right. A long time ago I held the bottle and as long as the client was not a fidgeter, phone did'nt ring, etc not a problem but this was rare. I now hold on to each finger like grim death holding them tightly and firmly with my left hand while polishing with my right. :)

Im not a holder .. I keep it to the side of me, im comfortable this way.

Most techs learn to hold the enamel in one hand while using the other hand.
It's a very basic learning procedure.
I learnt it many years ago.
Why is it a problem?

Most techs learn to hold the enamel in one hand while using the other hand.
It's a very basic learning procedure.
I learnt it many years ago.
Why is it a problem?

I don't know what it is with me judy. I always held the bottle until a client about 3 years ago developed Parkinsons and has a very bad shake. I started leaving the bottle to the side as I had to hold her hands firmly. I thought at the time that it seemed easier to get a better finish. It has since developed into a habit and I hardly ever hold the bottle now. I know it is the correct way to do it but like driving I have just developed my own habits and not always good ones. :idea:

I also learnt to hold the bottle or I would have failed assessments, and gotten in trouble at work. Now it feels natural to hold the bottle and I can pull back the sidewalls and hold the bottle with one hand while I polish with the other.

Sometimes if I do a manicure with the client laying down I have to put down the bottle to polish the thumbs, it feels so awkward and I usually end up knocking something over on my trolley:)

Latest posts

Back