do you need a qualification/certificate to do eyebrow waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
Hi I do nails but I would also like to do eye brow waxing (but not the other waxing) and was wondering if I could learn how to do this without actually needing a qualification? I was told that I would have to do all over waxing on a course but am too nervous to have my own areas waxed (I always shave or use cream!) and I know I will have to have waxing done on myself on a course! :eek:

Yes you would need a waxing qualification.....and I would think that it would be much more profitable for you to be able to offer a full waxing service.....why not have a chat with Kim Lawless about your concerns......Kim, as well as doing beginners waxing also offers a course purely for brows which covers threading, tinting, tweezing and waxing.....so this might be more what you are looking for.......drop her a pm I'm sure she'll send you some info.
The other alternative is to do maybe a threading course, then perhaps look at a course which covers lashes and brows....Caledonian therapy Academy offer one which is lash and brow tinting and brow shaping (tweezing) I think Louise's user name is louisestherapy.
Just a couple of other options there.
HTH Lou xx

Absolutely. NEVER EVER offer any service whatsoever without being qualified! You will get a bad reputation and also will not be covered by your insurance if anything goes wrong (which is alot more likely if you aren't trained to do that treatment) Hope that helps

Having been burned a couple of times whilst having my eyebrows waxed by experienced qualified therapists....the very thought of someone untrained and unqualified trying it makes my blood run cold!! :eek:

Yep have to agree if your not qualified to do something dont even think about offering it to clients you could land yourself into some serious trouble.

On the plus side tho ^^ I think loubilicious suggestion about brow specific treatments is really worth looking into. I think these days most people are super aware of their brows and the benefits of having them look top dollar ( I know so many ppl who care bout their brows and lashes more than their hair lol). And can definitly say ive seen an increase in brow bars that are pulling in good trade. This will of course depend on your area but if you are able to offer full brow styling treatments I could imagine a good bit of client interest. And you never know if it takes off for you, you could look into eye treatments to compliment your brow ones such as eyelash extensions, tinting and perming.

Hth somewhat and good luck whatever you decide to go for ^^
Xx

I think some courses will include in in eye treatments. I would just go and do a waxing course tho to be honest. Even if you dont use it, you still have it incase you ever wanted to xxx

Hi I do nails but I would also like to do eye brow waxing (but not the other waxing) and was wondering if I could learn how to do this without actually needing a qualification? I was told that I would have to do all over waxing on a course but am too nervous to have my own areas waxed (I always shave or use cream!) and I know I will have to have waxing done on myself on a course! :eek:

I offer facial waxing courses,
you don't have to be waxed by others as i teach on a one to one basis, you just bring models along with you to work on, hth

Unfortunately, in Australia, you can just pick up your tools and go for it.
I've witnessed some horrible injuries with wax as well as other product (ie eyelash tinting and perming) due to untrained hands.

I would always urge someone who was interested in eyebrow shaping to take a govt recognised course before unleashing themselves on an unsuspecting client.

Ellie,

You will not be able to get insurance cover for waxing treatments if you are not qualified. It is very easy to harm a client with a treatment like this, so it is very important that you get proper training and learn how to do it safely.

Ellie,

You will not be able to get insurance cover for waxing treatments if you are not qualified. It is very easy to harm a client with a treatment like this, so it is very important that you get proper training and learn how to do it safely.

Amen to that...:hug:

As a general rule of thumb before considering taking on ANY new treatment that you will be undertaking on the paying general public you will need insurance cover in the event that things go wrong...they alway's have a habit of doing so as we are working on live human beings...well most of the time anyway's :eek:

The first port of call is to ring your insurers and take there instruction as to what they will require before they can cover you...in most cases they will cover you but im sure most will require some form of proof of competence or certification.

..far better to be safe than sorry :hug:

Hi Ellie

Yes you will need a qualification to carry out waxing professionally and gain insurance. We offer a few courses you may be interested in aty Caledonian Therapy Academy.
PM me and ill give you details and help.

Amanda x:)

Latest posts

Back