Do you often just sit and play with nails ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
I was wondering how often we just have a play with nails , wether it be a bit of hand painted nail art or a full on set of 3 inch long talons with 3d flowers etc...
when i first started i was always messing around , sitting witha million tips on the table, just playing around ,seeing what i came up with ,
i would always do something a bit bonkers on myself just for a change ,

now i never just have a play , sometimes i think should i phone someone and ask them to come round so i can do something a bit mad .

i see so many different nail pictures on websites and wonder if they were all done on paying clients , or just getting one of your mates round and saying "right sit there..let me create! "

so from trainee's to our highly experienced geeks ..please tell us how often you do nails, just because you want to ..?

i bought a big box of cheap tips, i can sit and practise smile lines all day!! xx

I sit and play with nail art on tips every week - too scared to do them on real people though! :eek:

I am practising more or less every day, working hard on my smile lines!!!!!

Just done day 4 of the CND foundation you see, and I love just sitting on my own and playing with my nail trainer! I have done my own nails about 6 times in the past 4 weeks, but I have just done them this morning and am pleased with them so going to try to leave them alone!!!!

(I have to admit I have cheated on my own as I couldnt do smile lines on my right hand so I have used white tips. But I dont use them on my training hand or on other people!)

i am always practising nial art or trying out new colour polish etc, normally on my 5 yr old pmsl, then wipe it off before daddy sees lol, i used to practise on myself but with the koilio/oncholyosis i cant do that for a while, i have one firend who quite often says when youve got time i fancy somehting diff, so i'll have play with nail art/gems etc on her, but...... now ive got my nail trainer therell be no stopping me lol, as soon as those nail beds come, i'll be off, there'll be tips everywhere heheeh:lol:

I do love to sit and play im always doing it and i love to see other peoples work and think wow id never be able to do that .......
but then i think well ill have a go and see eh???? and then i just see what i come up with you know what they say practice makes perfect

i always just sit and paint and play!
sometimes at work, i feel like a hermit. while on downtime, the other women will sit and chat, but, where's kathleen?
sitting at her table, all the paints out and painting something!
i'll paint (or draw) anything on anything!
and never be afraid to to art on a client. figure it this way, if they could do better they wouldn't be coming to you!
PAINT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

i wanted to do this on Monday, but thats when I found out the samples I had been given were MMA:mad: (it had a good set-up time for tacky acrylic flowers though), i had a headache and couldn't go on, but I bought a huge ceramic display hand which has 4" nails to decorate, i'm gonna have some fun with this one (when I get the time).

I love having a play/tester day.
using new products and getting to know them before i use them on clients, doing "smile " practisings and blend mixes.
As well as it being good practise and experimental it is also very calming

im with EllaX.i also sit and practice smile lines.i to sometimes feel like asking someone to cum round so i can do there nails.so i did.i got one of my friends to cum round so i could have a practice doing pink and white l&p sculpts.which i wasnt overly impressed with when id finished.i know where i went wrong though and i didnt expect them to be perfect.i love playing around.xxxxxxxx:)

I really dont do it enough.

making a promise to myself to start doing this on a regular basis.
payday next Thursday... will go and get some cheap tips to practice on. Have got some glitters etc. i want to try out!

Looking forward to it now! - roll on thursday!

I agree with Jess making promises to myself but it was funny I said to myself the other day I must do some play/practice its been ages since ive done it. I never have the time though!! Must make some time, spend too long geeking thats my problem oh and to be bothered to get my stuff out!

I'm always having a play, (once the nipper is in bed!) I find it really therapeutic.
Can't say that I play on real hands, other than my own. You see, my nail trainer is my best buddy at the moment!
Just me and my nail trainer! :Love:

I used to sit down and paint lovely pics on tips a lot but don't get much chance to do this anymore, when I get home I just want to relax atm.
When my friend has her nails done I do exactly as I like and she doesn't mind but with most clients they like what they like so don't go too mad.

I always sit and do designs when i've got free time i love trying things new and unusual!!

I always used to sit adn do nails when i first started but to be honest lost my motivation for a while. im looking forward to my new home where my stuff will be more accessible and i can play but still keep an eye on whats goign on.

i'm a bit like scatty fox in the way of a new home, i am moving house in 4 weeks and i cannot wait, I'll be able to keep all my nail polish in the games/rumpus room out of the way and will have heaps more room to fill up with more nails stuff. lol

But I am thinking I must get myself a practice hand, my go purchase one from ebay now

Jess

Also is it better to keep your polish in the fridge so that it doesn't go thick?

Just about every night i say to my self that i will sit and play ,so i get on salongeek to be inspired but then i get carried away on the net and before i know it it is 11pm ,so night i will practice!!!!

i seem to do quite a lot of nail art at college as we dont always have clients and ive completed all my coursework (except for an external test next week :eek: ) so rather than just sit around ill experiment with diff nail art.
i dont get much done at home though, ill redo my friends nail art every week though. im lucky, she'll have anything done so shes my advertising board lol!

i've just been bought a nail trainer 4 my bday so ill be able to practice more :green:

I do both, try & do something a bit different on people nails I do & also sitting & having a play on spare tips & tip displays I have!!! :)

Latest posts

Back