Do you think what you eat affects your skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellie xx

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if any of you notice a change in skin when you eat certain foods? For example, I find that eating too many tomatoes can make me get a bit spotty. Does anyone else think that or am I just a bit wieird?? xx

deffo.
I have been on abit of a heath kick for the past 6 months and have seen a huge difference. I have suffered with acne from a very young age and now happy (touch wood) to say I'm spot free. I'm now in the process to cut down the alchool, so wish me luck :-(

I really need to do that ~ I just can't help eating chocolate biscuits with a cup of tea at the mo which is really naughty! What sorts of foods have you been eating? Do you follow a specific diet that is for your skin? xx

ABSOLUTLEY...what we put in our bodies shows through to the outside.

Quit smoking,drinking and eat well and your skin will look years younger within a matter of weeks.:hug:

Dam now I know why I look so old :eek:

For me it doesn't - I eat junk, junk, junk, I often eat a full pack of jaffa cakes in one go. I've been eating like this for as long as I remember so my body has probably accepted it as normal. Although sometimes I do eat too much sugar and I feel sick, but it still doesn't affect my skin. You might be thinking 'I bet she's huge', I'm not, I'm a size 10 and no I don't have an eating disorder :lol:

My skin is good and I never get spots or have any reactions no matter what I eat...

Yes definately. I don't have the best diet in the world and it does show on my skin I don't eat sugar but I do eat some rubbish tbh. I have started drinking some milk at breakfast and fruit juice instead of coffee (a couple of glasses a day) in the hope I will have a better complexion.
Smokings not a winner though...and my diet is a lot of coffee and cigs so I guess it's my own fault eh?

I do agree. I think maybe some people are just born lucky and it doesn't affect them but for most of us, it reeeeally shows. That's it, I'm on a health kick as of tomorrow ~ I'll just eat this last choccie biccie and thats it ha ha, only joking! It starts now.....

i think what you eat affects your general health .
and when your general health is not good this is reflected in your hair skin and nails.

I have gained 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks and have so many spots I look about 13!

All because I was under a lot of stresss and I have had take away every single night followed by 2 cans of cola and 3 bags of monster munch.

I look like a beeping monster now! Not only do I look awful though I feel awful.

So.... WATCH WHAT YOU EAT!!!

It absolutely affects the way our skin looks! There will always be the odd one who is lucky but for most of us we just cannot get away with it! I try my best and my skin has got better (could be age!) I drink soya milk instead of cows milk, no caffeine and no sugar in tea or on cereal but I still like my CHOCOLATE!!! :lol:

Do you remember being taught at school about sailors getting scurvy because they wouldn't eat enough fruit and vitamin c due to being away at sea for months on end. What we eat definately has an effect on our skin.

But if you are simply talking about a reaction to a certain food stuff then it is perfectly possible to have an intolerance or allergy to a product. A friend of mine can't consume oranges or their products without turning bright red!!!

You should get one of them tests done that find out what you are intolerant to. You just send a strand of hair off and they send you loads of info back.

I keep meaning to do it, as i think i eat every thing that is bad for me.

I will dig you the number out that Ann (Hippy-Chick) sent me.

:)

Ah, thank you Gemma! I do think I could be intolerant to some things ~ definitely makes my skin go a bit crazy! do you find that at all? xx

Latest posts

Back