Do you wear gloves when waxing ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear gloves when waxing ?

• Yes

Votes: 78 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 30.3%
  • Sometimes, depending on area waxing

Votes: 60 30.3%

• Total voters
Hiya :)

I was taught with gloves on, which I thought would be a real pain :rolleyes:
but it turns out I prefer wearing them. We had horrible latex ones to wear on my course but I went for a small size so I wasn't left with any flappy latex! I use clear vinyl glove now and I find them easy. I use gloves for all waxing.

xx

I wear one single glove for BBW waxing. Everyone should work however they are comfortable working, but if anyone thinks things are spread just because you can see it with your naked eye needs a tad more education. Just because we are working in a blood spotting area doesn't make that service any more or less dangerous. Bad things are spread through fluids, and the person most at risk is the technician, not the client.

As a client, go to whomever you wish because you like the way they work. As a professional, work however you wish. This does not make other methods wrong. If things were spread so easily we would have already all been dead, especially care givers.

When I trained years ago we wasn't taught to wear gloves. But over the years there is so much more hygiene awareness that I now wear them at all times when waxing, I feel this sends out a good message to our clients and gives them peace of mind- no matter how clean we think our hands our.

Vinyl gloves are so much easier than latex.

It is for heath and safety regulations. What I usually do is ask the client if she prefers with gloves or without. Most of them don't mind therapist wearing gloves or not but you are always getting the ones who insist your wear them.BE SAFE....

Last edited:
Hi, I was trained to wear gloves for all waxing and even extractions. I have however moved away from wearing gloves when doing facial waxing but wear them for everything else. I figure that if i'm going to get my hand stuck in wax i'd prefer to get a glove hand stuck in wax so all I have to do is take my glove off if I get myself in a sticky mess and i'm wax free! :irked:

An interesting thing about this debate ... who wears gloves for a massage or facial? Then think about what Lori said above about not being able to see things.

Mat

Hi
I wear gloves when waxing bikini line and underarms, but not usually for other areas. i always use my anti bacterial hand lotion after each treatment too but only out of habit. ~X~

I only wear gloves when it's cold :smack:

Seriously, I wear gloves during intimate waxing and underarms. Only because to put it bluntly, smells linger despite scrubbing your hands.

Never judge a book by it's cover, you don't know what diseases people have and I personally think that it's luck of the draw whether you catch anything.

As a nurse I would wear gloves pretty much every time I touch a patient - however I hope most of your clients are a bit less icky than some of the folks in hospital! but I think it was Axiom who made an excellent point about the correct use of gloves.
If your hands are not clean when you put on the gloves, if the gloves are contaminated by something else between box and client, if you don't wash your hands PROPERLY when you remove the gloves, they'll do more harm than good anyway.
It's a high standard of hygiene that's important and I would honestly think that otherwise, gloves are personal preference - though I wouldn't want to carry out intimate waxing or go near any blood spotting without using gloves. That's just personal preference though and I think maybe if I hadn't nursed I'd feel differently. I hope to train in waxing someday and I think I would use gloves, if only because I'm used to doing things with gloves on, it does get easier with practice (and make sure you're wearing the smallest size you can without ripping them :)).

Never judge a book by it's cover, you don't know what diseases people have

This is so true! You should treat everyone as a potential health hazard (in the nicest possible way:hug:).

I only wear them for the crack. I personally dislike them.

I use gloves to wax even myself. It doesn't feel right if I don't use them, and it´s much more sanitary. I also think for the client looks more professional if you use.

[]s

Ariadne

TIP: If you don't wear gloves because it's difficult to rub the wax strip, apply oil to your gloved hands and Voila!....it glides over like a dream. xxx

Hiya

Just to add to the reply I made before. Up until a week ago I always wore gloves for every waxing treatment I performed, vinyl and small so I didn't have any 'flapping' going on! I started to use a hard wax (it is great btw) but I just cannot get on with using it with gloves on!

Anyone got any hints or tips so I can carry on using gloves, especially in the more intimate areas?

xx

hi

I've just started college doing NQ beauty Care and we must use gloves when waxing do matter what hope this helps

Karen

with regard to applying oil to help the with rubbing the strip down whilst wearing gloves, i use to tea oil and i find if i get any oil on my gloves or the clients skin it wont remove the other hairs just acts as a barrier so wastes my time as i have to go over the area again and can be a real pain.
i wish the tip would work for me cos waxing with gloves can be a pain but i feel its better to be safe than sorry and prefer to wear them now even if i do get wax on my gloves

Latest posts

Back