Do you wear gloves when waxing ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear gloves when waxing ?

• Yes

Votes: 78 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 30.3%
  • Sometimes, depending on area waxing

Votes: 60 30.3%

• Total voters
I don't use gloves and won't start. I don't get wax on my either. Sorry I can't be more constructive.

I do sugaring and I don't wear gloves, I always wash my hands and then use Cool blue to sanitize them. Do any other sugaring geeks wear gloves?

I always wear gloves while waxing, i just think it's saver and cleaner. And especially when doing brazilian/hollywood.

If you feel happy wearing them all the time then I would suggest either usining an after wax rubbed over them or talc to help prevent the sticking to the client.

This is one of the main reasons why I dont like waxing with gloves on.Plus the amount of clients we wax every day,sometimes every other client can be a wax and that's on a 10 and a half hour day,so in all honesty I would find it a pain to keep putting them on then taking them off.

As I said earlier the only time I wear gloves, when waxing is when I'm doing a Hollywood,this is because I feel it's better for the barrier between myself and the client.I wouldn't want a doctor examining me down below without gloves.It would make me feel uncomfortable and that is how I look at this when I do full waxing down below.Not to mention the health and hygiene side of things when you have your hand round their bottom and lips(sorry geeks).It's a very sensitive issue for a lot of ladies and I personally know they appreciate me wearing gloves when doing this type of waxing and I would never do a Hollywood without gloves.:)

thanks for your sujestions. I want to start as a mean to go on and for me thats gloves. Yes i have tryed a half leg without and i have found it much easier but i want to get used to wearing them.

I don't wear gloves either, for any waxing.... unless... I have an open sore on my hand. I do wash my hands before and after each client, in front of the client.

I think this is wrong.If you came near me when I had a Holwood without gloves I would say what the hell:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's wrong,sore or no sore.and I would think so too about the hand washing,that's what everyone should be doing,dosn't make you look any more proffesional than the next person.

I would never go back to a salon if they did my bits without gloves,I'm not bothered about anywhere else,In fact I have never had anything else waxed by a therapist who knew what she was doing wearing gloves.

I would say the people who wear gloves all the time were the less expereinced.If your good you dont get wax on your hands or have to worry about blood.Just my views,have been waxed since 14 and this is how I always found things.

I would say the people who wear gloves all the time were the less expereinced.If your good you dont get wax on your hands or have to worry about blood.

Wearing gloves has nothing to do with level of experience - I choose to wear them because I find them hygienic, convenient, and I believe they create a professional image. And I'd like to meet the therapist who has never got wax on his or her hands, regardless of how long they've been in the business! :green:

I think this is wrong.If you came near me when I had a Holwood without gloves I would say what the hell:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's wrong,sore or no sore.and I would think so too about the hand washing,that's what everyone should be doing,dosn't make you look any more proffesional than the next person.

I would never go back to a salon if they did my bits without gloves,I'm not bothered about anywhere else,In fact I have never had anything else waxed by a therapist who knew what she was doing wearing gloves.

I would say the people who wear gloves all the time were the less expereinced.If your good you dont get wax on your hands or have to worry about blood.Just my views,have been waxed since 14 and this is how I always found things.

Well, considering I am not the only one that has stated that they don't wear gloves... I'm not sure why you decided to pick on me. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I happen to have a very large waxing clientele... and that includes many clients that are nurses, dentists, doctors and others in the health care industry.... If I was doing something so very wrong... they would be the first not to return, or to complain.

I'm not picking on anyone just saying that Braziilion and Hollywoods every waxing proffesional should wear gloves.From the hygiene side of things and for client comfort.

You may get doctors,dentists and even the queen but that dosn't mean they all come in for this particular type of waxing does it.I mean it's not so popular that every second person is asking for it.

Sone have said that it makes a therapist look more proffesional wearing gloves.I dont agree,other than Hollywood and Braz as I have already said.

Gloves only really need to be worn when ther are risks of blood spots.They serve no other purpose other than to make a big sticky mess and hot hands.You dont wear gloves when doing a massage or facial,so why when waxing?(im not talking about blood spot areas,that's personal choice for the waxer)but not all areas are prone to blood spotting so really there is no point in wearing them as Hubnail(sorry cant remember the geek who though i was picking on her)has said,she dosn't wear them.Is she or the other geeks that dont wear them not professional??????

Sorry geeks,Im not trying to be funny but this is my point of view as a customer who has been waxed for years.I dont think that my waxer looks any more professional than the next waxer who dosn't wear them.

As someone else said its personal choice other than the areas I have said.:green:

I actually had a new client in today for a 1/2 leg & brazillian, as always I put on my gloves & set to work. As we were chatting away she told me I was the only therapist she'd been to that wore gloves & that it was much nicer.

I'm not picking on anyone just saying that Braziilion and Hollywoods every waxing proffesional should wear gloves.From the hygiene side of things and for client comfort.

You may get doctors,dentists and even the queen but that dosn't mean they all come in for this particular type of waxing does it.I mean it's not so popular that every second person is asking for it.

Actually..... 90% of my waxing clients come to me for full brazilian waxes. That is my specialty, and I do it all day long.

I actually had a new client in today for a 1/2 leg & brazillian, as always I put on my gloves & set to work. As we were chatting away she told me I was the only therapist she'd been to that wore gloves & that it was much nicer.

I get the opposite comment from my clients. The other therapists where I work wear gloves. My clients tell me that they love my hands on appproach and show that I am not afraid to get in and get the job done without being afraid of "catching anything"... this includes my health care professionals.

Sorry,but I cant see any proffesional telling you that they prefer the hands on approach when having a holywood or Brazillion.

I mean,come on,your not bothered about catching anything eh! well,maybe they will start telling doctors or theatre technicians,when performing an operation that they can wash their hands and know need to wear gloves anymore cause hubnail says it's okay.

I am not trying to be rude here but you and I both know you have to get your hands right in there when doing a full wax.You cannot seriously expect me to beluieve that your clients who all have this type of waxing turn round and say to you that they prefer this waxing to be done without you wearing gloves to soemone who is.

Why would that be?Thesse are proffesional people who know about germs,hygeine,all the nasties that can lurk and yet.These people prefer to come to you because you dont wear gloves???

Not because you do a fantastic job,not because you are quick no,because you dont wear gloves and it makes them feel better.

I hate having my bits done,I still feel shy as well,after all this time but I am quite hairy I have never ever thought I wish my waxer took her gloves off,it would be so much better.No.I think get this horribel pain over and done with Pleeeease.

This has been very enlightening,thankyou for your patience and time with answering all my questions.

I was just having this exact conversation with my massage therapist! She wears gloves for ALL waxing, even eyebrows and upper lips!! wheras i dont wear gloves!! only if i feel i need to with certain clients, the ones that bleed alot and such. I dont know the EXACT regulations in regard to gloves. im sure there are some! but for me they are a pain in the bum and get me into a mess! on the ohter hand they could protect you from potentially life threatening viruses etc?!

I was just having this exact conversation with my massage therapist! She wears gloves for ALL waxing, even eyebrows and upper lips!! wheras i dont wear gloves!! only if i feel i need to with certain clients, the ones that bleed alot and such. I dont know the EXACT regulations in regard to gloves. im sure there are some! but for me they are a pain in the bum and get me into a mess! on the ohter hand they could protect you from potentially life threatening viruses etc?!

I hate wearing them to be honest Kate.In fact I dont at all apart from as I said Holywood's or Brazillians

Your hands do get into quite a few positions and I for one would be mortified if I had a hand/finger slip:eek: not to mention my clients:smack: Gloves give me a nice comfortable barrier between my clients genitals and my hands. It's also the whole hygiene thing for me.We dont know if they have washed or bathed before they come in,or if they have any type of problem i.e thrush and all the other horrible diseases and it's a personal choice for me to wear them.If a therapist is happy and her client is happy for the go ahead without gloves then good for them.

I dont think a therapist looks more or less professional because they do or dont wear gloves.But if I were to have someone wax me and it was a Holywood or Brazillian I personally would want them to wear gloves.As it is I do all my own waxing,thankfully.LOL:eek:

I wear gloves for all waxing, from eyebrows to toes and everything inbetween - what's good for the bikini line is just as good for the eyebrows, in my opinion!

My personal feeling is that it sends a clear message to my clients about how seriously I take cleanliness, in the same way that Huberella's handwashing in front of her clients does. I also find it easier to just slip on a clean glove should I get sticky, rather than faff around with removing wax from my hands.
Wish you worked in my neck of the woods, coz my instinctive reaction is, yes please wear gloves and show me how hygiene is inportant to you.:lol:

Anyone that has a very solid understanding of germs and viruses and how they spread would know that our most important line of defense against them is proper handwashing. The simple act of handwashing protects us from the common cold, influenza, meningitis, and hepatitis... among others. This is why my health care clients aren't afraid to have me wax them sans gloves... believe me, I have had this conversation many times with my medical field clients.

Anyone that has a very solid understanding of germs and viruses and how they spread would know that our most important line of defense against them is proper handwashing. The simple act of handwashing protects us from the common cold, influenza, meningitis, and hepatitis... among others. This is why my health care clients aren't afraid to have me wax them sans gloves... believe me, I have had this conversation many times with my medical field clients.

I have a very solid understanding of germs and viruses thankyou,and you fail and keep failing to mention blood spotting,did your cliemnts forget about that when you had your converstaion with the medical fields.?

Tell me,why do doctors and sex clinics wear gloves when carrying out personal examinations?why not just wash there hands?Mmmmm maybe cause they could be at risk Hubberealla.I have dyslexia so sorry that you felt the need to give me neagitive rep points for getting your name wrong,its dificult concemntrating on my speelings and names at the same time.

I am not being nasty here I am merly pointing out what I think and it seems you think you are write and all your vast amount of mediaclly qualified clients think your right and end of.In theory you are saying that everyone that wears gloves has no understanding of germs or virusis because if they did they wouldn't wear gloves.

If there was never any need for the gloves why have them in the first place,everyone can just wash there hands.

Thought id add a poll & make it a bit clearer ! :)

Thanks for all your opinions. I have also dug out one of my old college books & the reason given for wearing gloves is for hygeine & blood spotting.

Also for those that don't wear gloves, do you wear them if it is a new client ? Reason i ask is how would you know if they are prone to blood spotting or not ? I know i am when have my underarms waxed.

This thread has become extremely interesting. I've been waxing for years (too many :o) and have never worn gloves. As I said in a previous post, I did a refresher waxing course last week, and we HAD to wear gloves. I found it really difficult, not being used to them.

Now I can see it from both sides. Possibly in Brazillians and Hollywoods (which I don't do), maybe it is more hygenic, although I have a lot of respect for Huberella who is obviously very experienced in this field. If her clients are happy with the way she waxes, then why should she change!

I haven't voted yet, because I really don't know whether I should start wearing gloves or not. Many of my customers have been coming to me for years, and I don't know what they would think if I suddenly started wearing gloves to do their leg wax. Maybe I should just ask them what they would prefer!

I would be very interested to know if there is any insurance implications regarding gloves.

I have dyslexia so sorry that you felt the need to give me neagitive rep points for getting your name wrong,its dificult concemntrating on my speelings and names at the same time.

Ummm... I never gave you a negative rep point.. I've never given anyone any points, bad or good. Sorry you think it was me.. but it wasn't. I would never give anyone a bad rep point for having their own opinion.

I do not take offense easily :) I am not the only person that doesn't wear gloves. I work within my comfort zone and level of experience. I certainly don't feel that my choices are right and others are wrong... they are simply my own. I work in a spa, not in a medical clinic. I never do anything to put myself or my clients in harms way.. end of story.

This thread has become extremely interesting. I've been waxing for years (too many :o) and have never worn gloves. As I said in a previous post, I did a refresher waxing course last week, and we HAD to wear gloves. I found it really difficult, not being used to them.

Now I can see it from both sides. Possibly in Brazillians and Hollywoods (which I don't do), maybe it is more hygenic, although I have a lot of respect for Huberella who is obviously very experienced in this field. If her clients are happy with the way she waxes, then why should she change!

I haven't voted yet, because I really don't know whether I should start wearing gloves or not. Many of my customers have been coming to me for years, and I don't know what they would think if I suddenly started wearing gloves to do their leg wax. Maybe I should just ask them what they would prefer!

I would be very interested to know if there is any insurance implications regarding gloves.

I have phoned my local colege and spoken to them about waxing and gloves.

They recomend that students wear them when doing areas where blood spots are.I have written this down.ok,eyebrows,under arms,bikkini.Gloves should be worn as their is a risk to health if not.

They said they do not make there students wear gloves(and this is following health and safty guide lines and governing body)Apart from when doing these areas.

Legally you do not have to wear gloves when waxing.

I also phoned my salon and they said you are fully coverd in waxing even if you dont wear gloves.They said that all the therepists wear gloves when doing intimate waxing.For their clients comfort and theres and because of spotting.She said there was literally no benefits to wearing gloves when doing other areas.It is no cleaner and that it is of no benefit.As long as hands are washed befor and after.

I also phoned my Gp practice and spoke to a nurse who said that anyone working with bloods is putting there own health at risk by not wearing gloves.I.e Aids,Hepatitus to mention a few.

Sorry about my spelling mistakes it's a real pain.I hope this has helped.I dont want my therapist to wear gloves other than when she does my full waxing.If she started when she did my other parts I would wonder why for sure.:eek:

Latest posts

Back