Does anyone do do a light spray on two consectutive days for their spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock chic

Reaction score
Hi all
Just interested if any of you guys do this in salon i have few beauty friends that do it and it works really well, prob is giving people the bother of coming 2 nights.
They defo feel it works better as they get to exactly where the client needs more so they are not overspraying on the 1 night or using to much solution plus their clients seem pretty happy as they are usually better covered like iykwim olo!!! sorry i'm raving!!! but ya get my drift. whats your opionions?
xx:)

yes it works really well :lol: the skin absorbs only so much DHA per application and if you respray the day after once the guide colour has been washed off, you get a much darker tan, this works much better than trying to give someone with pale skin a high percentage tan, as you run the risk of DHA overload this causes a snake skin effect as the tan breaks up and the skin sheds
this technique is often reffered to as double dipping, it doesnt matter how much solution you use in one application the result will always wash off the same.
But the double dip method will increase the colour of the tan, thing to remember double dip double price lol

ah thanks for reply steve, thinking of doing this as i find half my clients are o.k with one layer but then you have the group who want to be darker but one coat even of a higher percentage is not right. How much more you you charge people? :)

I tanned a new client on friday night, she loved the tan but her legs were paler, she said it always happens. She was asking if I could tan her legs again, I said it would be best to do it a day apart, just wanted to check the tan wont go funny with spraying twice, and will her legs actually go darker?
And will I spray her feet again or not I was thinking not lol and breathe! lol
Sarah xx

I tanned a new client on friday night, she loved the tan but her legs were paler, she said it always happens. She was asking if I could tan her legs again, I said it would be best to do it a day apart, just wanted to check the tan wont go funny with spraying twice, and will her legs actually go darker?
And will I spray her feet again or not I was thinking not lol and breathe! lol
Sarah xx

I've got a couple of clients I do this with, usually see them on a wednesday night for a complete body tan, and they come back on Thursday night just to have their legs done, I charge them £30 each for the complete service, one of them told me she always goes Tango with a higher tan then the 10% I use, but by doing the double dip she just gets a darker look just where she wants it.

Susie how much do you charge for your tan normally? I think this is a good idea- double dipping! I wouldn't mind doing it in the salon but when I do mobile I have some clients who live miles away so it would be a bit of a pain to gothere just to do their legs 24hrs later but hey, as Steve said double dipping, double prices!! X

Susie how much do you charge for your tan normally? I think this is a good idea- double dipping! I wouldn't mind doing it in the salon but when I do mobile I have some clients who live miles away so it would be a bit of a pain to gothere just to do their legs 24hrs later but hey, as Steve said double dipping, double prices!! X

I charge £20 per tan and £15 for a party of at least 5 guests + hostess who is free. I only do parties mobile, I have a wet room at home and find it easier for me and my clients, they love it.
So I charge £10 for legs or a half tan which, so far, has always been legs although I have said, half tan is legs, or head, neck, chest shoulders and arms. It just made sense to say a leg double dip would be the same as a half tan. For you being mobile, I would say you need to keep an eye on the milage if you are going more then 10 miles one way, then I would definatly put an extra charge on for your fuel, be upfront, tell clients you would have to put a fuel charge on, most people understand that, you'd have to live in a bubble on the moon to have missed how much fuel has sky rocketed.

Thanks Susie, it was the Xen Tan she had, I was thinking £30 in total as I also charge £20 for full body tan. She lives 3 miles outside my area (I'm mobile) but I dont think I'll bother charging her anymore for this, its not too far :biggrin: she must have been really impressed with guide colour or like me (or maybe both lol) she gave me a £5 tip wow! never had a tip that much for a tan well chuffed so I was lol xx

Latest posts

Back