Does everyone on this forum think CND is the best??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Miss X

Reaction score
Hi all,
i am currently doing my NVQ Level 2 in Manicure/Pedicure and I am looking to find an all round course to do that will cover artificial nails (Gel, Acrylic etc) as well as Nail Art. From all the messages i have read everyone seems to be positive about only CND - of which i already have recieved my info pack from and although i am interested i am not too sure as it seems to be quite expensive. Does anyone else recommend any other private courses? i am new to this so i obviously need as much info from the professionals out there.........Help!!!

If you are looking for a good top level product then you will have to pay top level prices for training etc.

If you are happy to use as basic a product as you can get and possibly be plagued by product breakdowns then you can get that from a lesser quality course.

College courses teach you the basic minimum and unfortunately sometimes not even that!

It all depends on what you want at the end of the day.

companies which have a great reputation are the ones you should be looking at - Creative, EZ Flow, NSI, OPI - there are more.

I recommend Young Nails,
I only have good things to say about them.....
good value for money, excellent training at competitive prices, top notch customer service.
Perfect colours for enhancements, Nail art is out of this world
I have no problems no lifting its a dream to work with.

I use Young's Gel and L & P (liqud and power)
I did a college course and got my Nvq level 3 and then went on to do more training with young nails.
You can never get enough education its formative - on going it never ends there is always something new to discover.

Hi all,
i am currently doing my NVQ Level 2 in Manicure/Pedicure and I am looking to find an all round course to do that will cover artificial nails (Gel, Acrylic etc) as well as Nail Art. From all the messages i have read everyone seems to be positive about only CND - of which i already have recieved my info pack from and although i am interested i am not too sure as it seems to be quite expensive. Does anyone else recommend any other private courses? i am new to this so i obviously need as much info from the professionals out there.........Help!!!

Actually if you compare prices and what you get for those prices, CND are by no means the most expensive, so you are not quite right there.

The courses are very value added too as your kit is included in the price of the course; with many courses it is not.

To be honest (and this is not a personal remark), I get so tired of hearing that people want everything cheap. The best is never cheap. Neither is it always the most expensive. The smart thing to do is to go by reputation. CND have that reputation. Listen to it or ignore it, and rue the day.

Unfortunately this industry of ours seems to attract many who actually have little or no funding to enter it. The worst thing anyone can do is to try to start a business underfunded. Underfunding means one is going on price rather than quality and then people moan and groan that they have wasted so much money finding the right education. Best to get things "RIGHT from the Start" if you can.

To be honest, if you compare what you get with creative, the kit...the training, the back up, the support and the quality and compare that to some of the "so called" cheaper courses really money wise there isn't much difference...yes they might be cheaper in the initial price but compare what you are actually getting for that money...???

Often people take a cheap course and end up paying out again because the training wasn't good....its false economy IMO

To be honest, if you compare what you get with creative, the kit...the training, the back up, the support and the quality and compare that to some of the "so called" cheaper courses really money wise there isn't much difference...yes they might be cheaper in the initial price but compare what you are actually getting for that money...???

Often people take a cheap course and end up paying out again because the training wasn't good....its false economy IMO

I absolutely agree! I've taken a few CND courses and always get way more from it than the $$$ I've spent. I love CND products, their training and the support you get AFTER classes are over. :)

Or as they always say, "buy cheap, pay twice"!

I agree with Geeg - everyone wants cheap in this industry, cheap skincare, cheap training, cheap products. Whatever happened to wanting quality products, quality training & quality service? Although price is a factor, it's rather odd that for many this comes before quality. Sometimes you need to spend a little to make a little - that is to say far better to invest in something worthwhile than fritter money away.

Well, I like entity products for natural acrylic nails, nsi for gel and cnd for pink and whites! So i use whichever product i like the best depending on the job i am doing. I think its down to getting to know the various products and finding ones you enjoy using the most.

tigi

The thing that's apparent to me, judging from the prices I see for l&p/gel products at wholesaler type places where they also offer basic and not ongoing training opportunities, is that there really doesn't appear to be much of a price differential at all between the brands they sell and the 'High end' ranges such as creative and ezflow etc. You aren't even getting a significant price saving, never mind an equivalent range of products. Even their tips are similarly priced, so you're paying the same to spend far longer having to faff about blending the stubborn little devils in! :irked:

You are going to have to pay the same sort of money, even if you don't opt for good products. On that basis, you might as well go for quality in the first place and save yourself a load of hassle and even more expense later on, when you have to convert to something that gives the type of results others are getting and you're not!

Just to chime in with my 2 pence :)

I've actually done the numbers on comparable courses and would encourage you to do the same as you would be pleasantly surprised with the results.

CND foundation courses come with A LOT of product (everything to complete the course). To keep the buy in cost lower, many courses only quote for the education and expect you to buy the product on top. This is kind of like buying a car with no engine. Its certainly cheaper, but you may need to spend more just to get the darn thing running! So take that equivalent value of the products received out of the equation.

Divide the remainder of the course cost (cost - product included) by the amount of days of training. Many courses will actually only be 2, 3 or even 4 days, so it isn't actually cheaper... its just less!

Whats left is the cost of the training per day. You'll find CND is actually one of the least expensive (and the only provider to be nominated and win the industry's best training) ;)

Look into all of your options and find the best return for your investment, just make sure you are really looking into it. Check under the hood to make sure it will take you where you want to go :)

I am not commenting on a nail product. I would not have the nerve as I too have only just started really but what I would say from experience, in whatever you train in, always look for a company that offers and has a good reliable reputation for ongoing support and training. Good luck x

Hi

I would recommend CND... Great product to use, best training I have ever had, value for money and great service you can't beat it... Good luck xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with whats already been said, the cheapest course never ends up being the cheapest, I trained with CND and Biosculpture, and although the initial layout seems expensive, for the amount of high quality products you get and the quality of training and support afterwards, they were both actually very competitive in comparison with college courses and other "cheap" courses.

My personal opinion is that of all the products I've tried, CND are my favourites for l&p and natural nailcare, and Biosculpture are my favourites for gel.

Thank you all for your great advice, however i am not one of those that looks for cheap deals - I just want some good advice from those that 'are in the know!

Cheers Xen x​

Hi all,

Hiya and welcome to the site...I think you got the majority of your 'answers' from the quote you made in your initial post. I also thought you were looking for a 'cheap deal' of training...sorry if I got that wrong. Good luck with your NVQ and your future in nails :hug:

I loved Nsi, and still do ,
but I now prefer Creative products after trying them :hug:

One question I will never get fed up answering) CND rocks)))) I have used all kinds of products throughout the years, as much as I wanted to find perfect product that would work the way i need it to work. CND works for me, specially Brisa gel. I also use EzFlow and NFU.OH l&p. Love it))):hug:

Yep, most people seem to love CND. I can't comment as don't use it, however, I will say that I did my course in acrylics at a private training establishment and it was brilliant. (In Derby so no use to you).
Yes it would be great to convert onto CND at some point, but if you are looking for a smaller initial outlay to get you started, then I see nothing wrong with a course such as the one I did. We trained using Supernails and although I haven't used anything else yet, I am confident to do a really nice set of enhancements now and would feel quite happy to just do a conversion course to CND or similar at a later date.

Obviously this may be more costly in the long run, but if you are looking for a cheaper option to start off with, its not a bad idea.

Just to chime in with my 2 pence :)

I've actually done the numbers on comparable courses and would encourage you to do the same as you would be pleasantly surprised with the results.

CND foundation courses come with A LOT of product (everything to complete the course). To keep the buy in cost lower, many courses only quote for the education and expect you to buy the product on top. This is kind of like buying a car with no engine. Its certainly cheaper, but you may need to spend more just to get the darn thing running! So take that equivalent value of the products received out of the equation.

Divide the remainder of the course cost (cost - product included) by the amount of days of training. Many courses will actually only be 2, 3 or even 4 days, so it isn't actually cheaper... its just less!

Whats left is the cost of the training per day. You'll find CND is actually one of the least expensive (and the only provider to be nominated and win the industry's best training) ;)

Look into all of your options and find the best return for your investment, just make sure you are really looking into it. Check under the hood to make sure it will take you where you want to go :)

Well said. Im doing silk at college and lets just say they are a little behind the times. From things iv learnt on this site im noticing things that ,lets just say aren't right.When iv finished im going to go for it and book a course with CND as they have everything i need.good luck.Its not how much you pay its what training you will get in the long run, if you go for cheep your not get the best training , help, advice, knowledge ,your needxx

i was just about to put summit on the same lines.

what i found out is if you pay cheap, you pay twice

go with the best and you're sorted from the get go flower - so therefore, i would deff recommend CND for all your needs. the aftersales, the education etc is 2nd to NONE

Latest posts

Back