Doing your "wrong" hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamantine

Reaction score
How do you do it? I've tried and tried but I can't seem to get the right position!

My left hand is not a problem. My right hand looks awful and it's the one I use most so I need it looking good to show off!

And I need the practise!

Practice practice practice!! My wrong hand still isn't great, but its getting there, try practicing on your trainer with your left hand see if you can work at it that way ?

What system hun? To be honest I struggle with most things on my wrong hand but doing a set of l&p takes me forever on wrong hand. I try to move my finger and keep the brush still on my wrong hand x

Practiseeee! Honestly when I first started doing my own l&p my wrong hand had to be infilled every couple of days because they were lifting.
But now Ive been doing my own for a while they're fine now :)

Sorry meant to say l&p.

That's a good idea about practising using my left hand on the trainer. I feel experimentation may be on the cards tonight!

Have you tried using poppits for l&p's on your wrong hand? I think a few techs do this....

Hth's

Yeah I've tried a few times, I still use my brush with my right hand to get the L&P on the brush then swap, Otherwise im quite shaky.

Don't worry you'll get there in the end xx (or should I say we)

I've been trying to find poppies but can only see them on Sally's and I don't have a card for them yet. Plus I want to master it myself and not "cheat" so to speak.

I keep overfilling my right hand too so I need to get some l&p on there to help protect them and I'm also getting rockstar next week for a night out and don't want them ruined coz my nails are rubbish

I wear French but might only want them for a week or 2 so what I do is create the white on a tip but it on and then just put pink on after it works if you want them just for a short period of time xx

I always do my wrong hand first, I find it easier that way x

I do the same as lucyboo... When I start doing my nails, my concentration and excitement is at its peak! If I do the worst bit first, the left (my non-dominant hand) is easy because it's second nature. It used to take me hours before I started doing it this way because I'd get frustrated and have breaks between nails! :p xx

I do my wrong hand first when polishing but never when doing l&p.

Not sure if I've the concentration for it tonight. Slightly freaking out about jury service tomorrow!

I always do my wrong hand first, I find it easier that way x

I thought i was the only one that did this! After I've done my wrong hand it's plain sailing doing my other hand and find the process of doing my own nails a lot more enjoyable lol.

Me too! I do my 'wrong' hand first and then the other hand seems easy peasy :) i've practised a lot and it's getting a lot easier and they look equally good now- keep practising :)

I've done my wrong hand first tonight and it was easier. Before I was doing it as I would on a client ie prep all, tip all etc.

I also worked slightly dryer too so that it wouldn't run so much coz I needed to try a few different positions for each finger for each zone.

What you guys think? Remember I did overfill them the other day hence the redness. I need to wash off the last of the dust and get on cuticle oil too.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338923749.330308.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338923749.330308.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 225
They look great well done, did you find it better doing your wrong hand first. I think I might try it that was round because I always get fed up when it's time for the difficult bit lol

I do the same as lucyboo... When I start doing my nails, my concentration and excitement is at its peak! If I do the worst bit first, the left (my non-dominant hand) is easy because it's second nature. It used to take me hours before I started doing it this way because I'd get frustrated and have breaks between nails! :p xx

I'd often end up with a "naked" hand if I did the good one first!!

They look great well done, did you find it better doing your wrong hand first. I think I might try it that was round because I always get fed up when it's time for the difficult bit lol

Yeah it was a lot easier. I started with my little finger and worked in. I took so much tube and used the smallest of beads too. I will see how they fare up over the next few days. Probably start to see lifting by tonight as I though the side walls on a couple.

I shellac my nails and get frustrated with the wrong hand thing messy colours around edges or can do blinding art work on the left I can't replicate on the right also fed up how long it takes including removal doing 1 hand at a time lol - think I'm gonna try this wrong hand first thing next time because I can see how that would feel better :)

I need to do the wrong hand first always do it the other way and get fed up!

Latest posts

Back