donor card

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingbat

Reaction score
:hug:Hi everyone, just wanted to know what you think about a donor card?
Do you have on
Don't want one?
Debbie

I'd love to donate my blood and when I die, my organs but I am not allowed :cry: I think it would be an amazing thing to do for someone. Why just bury or cremate good organs because the person has passed away when they could save somebody else's life? It's not like we need them in the 'afterlife'

i completely agree with UKRed. i give blood at the min and am looking into giving platelets (asking tiomorrow when i give again) i just think that i would be quick to accept organs and blood if i needed them so it would be hypocritical in my eyes to not give as well.
sorry ramble over
its been a long day

Thank you for you replies. I read the other day about "pool donation" where a someone needs a kidney transplant but there donor is not compatable so they find someone who is in the same situation and if matches they swap. Six were done in the USA in the dame day!!
Amazing
Debbie
xxx

I would give blood to but I'm unable as I am anemic

Ive carried a donor card for 25 years and been a bone marrow donor for 18 years.
To me its the most natural thing to want to help someone else either while im alive or when im dead.

Have a donor card, they can have all the stuff apart from my eyes....
That's just a personal 'no way'.

We have discussed things with our 10yr old daughter and she understands that if she would get sick, we would be ever so grateful if another little boy or girl could help her to live...so my baby is happy enough (as far as she understands of course and after a proper talk) for us to do the same thing if she would die...:cry:
Not a nice topic at dinner, but I would not have liked to make that decision on behalf of a person with a mind of her own...if she would have freaked out and refused point blanc we would have respected her decision and just taken it one year at a time...

Am more than happy (and keep thinking about it and forgetting, intentionally or not, to actually act on it!!!) to get myself on a donation list for bonemarrow but only if I am matched up to a patient, not for regular donations. Had a bonemarrow punction when pregnant (they misdiagnosed and thought I was croking of leukeamia) and that was a very traumatic and extremely painfull experience-and I couldn't do that again unless I would know it was specifically for a particular person. I saw this tv thing a while back where this wee man died because they didn't find a match, and i kept thinking if his case would have been highlighted as a news item I could have maybe had myself checked-you never know-he might still be here....

:hug:
Christel

Last edited:
I have just given blood for the first time and will be doing it again. I am also in the process of reading literature about being an organ donnor but i agree with Christel just not my eyes!

I would quite happily give blood, but I'm not allowed. Despite being in a monogamous relationship for the past 8 years, married for 8 months I'm not allowed all because my wife is Mr Fozzyo rather than Mrs Fozzyo.

But I do have a donor card, and every other year I actually put on in all of my Christmas cards I send out to everyone. You'd be amazed at how many people thankme because they wanted one but "never got round to it" or they lost their previous one.

Mat xx

But I do have a donor card, and every other year I actually put on in all of my Christmas cards I send out to everyone. You'd be amazed at how many people thankme because they wanted one but "never got round to it" or they lost their previous one.

Mat xx

Wow what a great thing to do - well done!:hug:

I have a doner card and once I'm gone they can happily have any bit of me that is needed. I cant give blood though because of my thyroid but I do what I can.

I don't have a donor card because when I registered, they said they don't give out organ donor cards anymore, but I have registered to give my organs.

I have a real bad fear of needles, I had a traumatic experience when I was a kid so I haven't ever given blood, but my husband has said he is going to make me!!! :eek:

I carry around a little letter in my purse with contact numbers in case of emergency, and also it states what i want to donate and i have spoke to my 3 boys and they want to be donors too, so its all written in this letter....they can have everything...but our eyes.
I cant donate blood due to graves.

I'm on the organ donor list but don't carry a card. When i registered there wasn't an option to get a card aswell.
Does anyone no where i can pick a card up from? x

I'm on the organ donor list but don't carry a card. When i registered there wasn't an option to get a card aswell.
Does anyone no where i can pick a card up from? x
You can pick one up from your GP or pharmacy
Debbie

Last edited:
Thank you all so so much for your replies, it is truly amazing to hear your stories.
I had a kidney transplant 7 years ago. Whithout my dad I would not be here. I know people that wait months even years.
Thankyou all once again:cry:

I've been a donor ever since i can remember and i donate blood three times a year too.
As far as i'm concerned they can take anything they like. :green: That way i'll be deffo dead and there wont be any chance of me waking up in a box ha ha .

No I'm serious, absolutely petrified of waking up in a box.

deb x

I am quite happy for someone to take anything they want when I'm gone, I would be more than happy to help someone else.

I made a joke the other day that I can say I'm quite happy for someone to have my eyes as I'm quite sure no-one would want them as I can't see anything with them without my glasses! A light hearted joke though! xx

I've been a donor ever since i can remember and i donate blood three times a year too.
As far as i'm concerned they can take anything they like. :green: That way i'll be deffo dead and there wont be any chance of me waking up in a box ha ha .

No I'm serious, absolutely petrified of waking up in a box.

deb x

Me too..............errr so scary, now I have goose bumps

I am quite happy for someone to take anything they want when I'm gone, I would be more than happy to help someone else.

I made a joke the other day that I can say I'm quite happy for someone to have my eyes as I'm quite sure no-one would want them as I can't see anything with them without my glasses! A light hearted joke though! xx
you funny:hug:

Latest posts

Back