Double-dipped/marbled french sculpts.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicles

Reaction score
I tried to put this in the critique section, but it wouldn't post for me...kept getting a blank page. Sorry if it doesn't belong here :sad:

I had seen the double-dipping technique used for 3D nail art, so I thought I'd give it a try with my tips. I used Creative's spanish tile and golden glass and perfect color pink. I liked that it didn't take any longer than a normal set, not like craft glitter for me (ugh..glitter and I just don't get along!). Initially, it was supposed to have a "fire" effect, but the more I looked at it, the more I saw candy corn lol. Or ketchup and mustard...I will definitely be trying this with different colors. The underside being more red than yellow was a pleasant surprise..it looks so neat!

100_2893.jpg

Here are some other views if you'd like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/buttpaste/Salon Stuff/Nails/100_2894.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/buttpaste/Salon Stuff/Nails/100_2897.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/buttpaste/Salon Stuff/Nails/100_2900.jpg

And feel free to give these an honest, "I can take it" critique since it meant to be in the first place, if you feel so inclined. :) Thanks for looking.

You know what Jess..................I LOVE 'EM!

The colours are fantastic, your smiles are great too.
When can you book me in! :)

You know what Jess..................I LOVE 'EM!

The colours are fantastic, your smiles are great too.
When can you book me in! :)

Haha, I would love to do them for you, but that would be one expensive set of nails! To fly all the way to Michigan, USA :p

Haha, I would love to do them for you, but that would be one expensive set of nails! To fly all the way to Michigan, USA :p
You mean I have to pay for the flight???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely fab!!! A tutorial on this would be good!! :)

Very nice Jess. Is this done by dipping in one powder then immediatly into the next? I just started to do L&P this week, so much to learn! I want those smiles!!!!

You mean I have to pay for the flight???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well maybe not, but it will certainly be factored into the service price. ;)

Very nice Jess. Is this done by dipping in one powder then immediatly into the next? I just started to do L&P this week, so much to learn! I want those smiles!!!!

Thank you very much, and yes, I dipped into yellow, then into red. And I tried to set the bead on the nail so enough of the red was around the smile line area. But I did have to add a touch more red here and there. But that's only because I wanted all the smiles to be red. If you wanted more of a tye-dye effect, you wouldn't have to worry so much.

I will work on getting a few pics of the process of this next time I do it (and I'm sure I will, because everyone seems to really like them. I can definitely see doing this as a regular thing in the salon since no real extra time is required and the effect is so cool. I also thought a neat thing about this is...when she needs a backfill, I could do it with black! I'll post pics if I end up doing that. :)

these are a gorgeous combination very eye catching

they look great ..... and different.... exxxxcellent, even the undersides are novel

they are fab what powders do you use ??

Lovely, as well as imaginative ... well done :hug:

I think these are brill!!! Your nails have no chance of bieng missed girl your on FIRE!! (god that was cheesy but could not resist) x

great set of nails I think they do look like flames ,and look forward to seeing other colour combinations . Also just curious is your client a hairdresser ? The nick on the finger gives them away, trade injury!

great set of nails I think they do look like flames ,and look forward to seeing other colour combinations . Also just curious is your client a hairdresser ? The nick on the finger gives them away, trade injury!

Haha, why yes she is. Back in the days when I did a lot more hair, my left hand saw lots of these little cuts!

Those are really cool!
I love the effect!

Would love to know how you did that!!

:hug:
Those are really cool!
I love the effect!

Would love to know how you did that!!
:hug:

Check page one of this thread, there is an explanation on there on how they were done.

Lovely nails, love the colours.

rachel xx

Thank you very much, and yes, I dipped into yellow, then into red. And I tried to set the bead on the nail so enough of the red was around the smile line area. But I did have to add a touch more red here and there. But that's only because I wanted all the smiles to be red. If you wanted more of a tye-dye effect, you wouldn't have to worry so much.

I'm not sure that I understand how this was done. You used L&P right, not a dip system? How do you dip with L&P?
Or do you mean you dipped your brush in monomer, then picked up one ball of one colour AND while that colour was still on the brush, you dipped into another? So a two-toned ball? Like when doing flowers?
Am I following this right?

(ladybgemini: THANKS I missed that post LOL)

I'm not sure that I understand how this was done. You used L&P right, not a dip system? How do you dip with L&P?
Or do you mean you dipped your brush in monomer, then picked up one ball of one colour AND while that colour was still on the brush, you dipped into another? So a two-toned ball? Like when doing flowers?
Am I following this right?

(ladybgemini: THANKS I missed that post LOL)

I'm with you Victoria - I don't understand either!!! I really like the effect and would find a step by step helpful (my oh-so-small brain is struggling a bit, lol!!).

I think they're ace!

Latest posts

Back