Double-dipped/marbled french sculpts.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool they look very eye catching.. Would love a step by step tutorial also as would love to have a go. Well done

thay are soooo lovely... the nails themselves are superb too! its so easy to not look at the actual 'nails' isnt it when the art effects are so eye catching but they are a beautiful set and I bet your client loves them! well done honey x x x

I'm not sure that I understand how this was done. You used L&P right, not a dip system? How do you dip with L&P?
Or do you mean you dipped your brush in monomer, then picked up one ball of one colour AND while that colour was still on the brush, you dipped into another? So a two-toned ball? Like when doing flowers?
Am I following this right?

(ladybgemini: THANKS I missed that post LOL)
Yes that is how it has been done, she has dipped brush in monomer, picked up one colour then while colour still on brush dipped into the other colour, just like when doing flowers, they are lovely and colourful arnt they

Fan..bloddy..tastic i am definitly gonna try these BIG gold star for you hun xXx

thay are soooo lovely... the nails themselves are superb too! its so easy to not look at the actual 'nails' isnt it when the art effects are so eye catching but they are a beautiful set and I bet your client loves them! well done honey x x x

Thank you so much for notice the nails themselves :p I do realize the colors are distracting. But this particular fellow employee is a fiery little Brasillian. She likes her color! And I like pretty flashy art too. :)

And just to clear things up..yes, I got a bead of yellow on my brush, then immediately dipped it into the red powder. You then just do your free edge as per usual, but I move the red around a little bit to make it more or less pronounced where I wanted. Can't really explain more, you just gotta give it a go! It's not hard. :)

I am soooooooooooooooooooo going to have to have a play:lol: These are great.

They are fab!!!! love the red and yellow combo! Would love to see other colours too! :o

* Jessicles - took a peek at your gallery, just beautiful :hug: Do you Sculpt "all" your nails or do you tip & sculpt both ?

I really like these - very unusual and wearable too.

* Jessicles - took a peek at your gallery, just beautiful :hug: Do you Sculpt "all" your nails or do you tip & sculpt both ?

Thank you for looking! I know there's a lot of crap in there lol. And yes, I sculpt all of the time. Tips are such a pain for me. I only tip one fellow employee, because she has VERY deep c curves and a slight ski jump, so there's no way a form will stay on her. Otherwise, I make forms work for me.

I just love these. I got to have a play with this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Julie xxx

These are stunning, tried it on the trainer hand and it went a bit mottled, (right word?) not as defined colours as yours but the effect is brilliant isn't it, and its soooo much fun! I think I'm going to try it again today and have dark aqua and purple. mmmm delish! Can you remember those kids colouring pens there used to be about, that had a colour and you put a white pen on and it changed to another colour? THOSE colours would me wowzer! I'm going to google those pens and try those colours. lovely contrasts. I'm babbling lol but I LOVE these nails! x x x

...tried it on the trainer hand and it went a bit mottled, (right word?) not as defined colours as yours..
Hmm...what colors did you used? Also, if you play with it too much..it will just blend together and not look marbley. You can see where it happened on a few of mine. It was best when I did it quick and didn't fiddle too much. Hope this helps :] And glad you had a go! Fun, huh? Also, purple and aqua would look great. I'm going to try a triple dip on a client next week...white blue and green...I'll let you guys know how that goes!

a TRIPLE DIP!?!?!?!?!? soon we will be competing in the dippping olympics! lol

These look great (makes me want to get the l&p out).

i tried the marble effect - only instead of marbling it made a messy colour. pls help

i tried the marble effect - only instead of marbling it made a messy colour. pls help

I would say you played too much with it. But I'm not there seeing what you're doing. I think it's also important to pick colors that will look ok when blended. Like red and green would probably equal no good. I also found that the glitter colors don't mix well with the nonglitter colors. I tried City of Angels with red..didn't mix well for me. I also tried Sin City with red and no go. I wonder if two glitters would work though...gotta try that next! Let me know how it goes for ya :)

I would say you played too much with it. But I'm not there seeing what you're doing. I think it's also important to pick colors that will look ok when blended. Like red and green would probably equal no good. I also found that the glitter colors don't mix well with the nonglitter colors. I tried City of Angels with red..didn't mix well for me. I also tried Sin City with red and no go. I wonder if two glitters would work though...gotta try that next! Let me know how it goes for ya :)

thanx for the help - i will try again and let you know.

Latest posts

Back