Double dipping wax spatulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they just like regular kitchen spatulas? Like a pallet knife?

Thanks kim!!!

Ch-ela if no one else does give me an hour and I will take a pic of mine!

Arent you not just kinda double dipping using a roller as the roller is in contact with the skin and the wax as you roll ive never used a roller so not sure

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I too was worried about wax going back onto the roller which is why I do it the expensive way and each client has their own roller cartridge with their name on it. This way if there is a chance of contamination its on the same client every time! I thoroughly wash out all cartridges before re filling at home. And the heads are soaked in boiling water & sanatised between each use. Hth

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I use the same one as jack Dunn ch-ela!

I have been reading this thread as I had a salon and the amount of beauticians that rentedy room that that doubled dipped I was shocked.

Would just like to let people know what I do to keep the costs down. For eyebrows and lip waxes I get a cotton bud cut one end off and use that for small areas. I always find I get a smooth finish. Use a new one for every bit of waxed applied and really cheap I mean u can get 1000 for a £1. For large areas covera large area with one bit of wax remove the wax get a new spatulas repeat. Easy and doesnt cost much if u distribute the wax properly. Just an idea of what I do thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Never thought of using cotton buds

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Works a treat cotton buds on small areas like chin lip brows etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got one from PR and one from Ellisons I think and the Ellisons is slightly smaller. I find it easier to use than the bigger one and it's better for knees. I did see one on Amazon that someone posted on here and it was the same but cheaper.

Berodin also make / sell a large plastic spatula that many people love. If you Google Lori Nestore you can see her use it in most of her videos.

Berodin also make / sell a large plastic spatula that many people love. If you Google Lori Nestore you can see her use it in most of her videos.

I was just watching her last night and thought about those plastic spatulas. How would you clean them? And do you use them yourself too?

I was just watching her last night and thought about those plastic spatulas. How would you clean them? And do you use them yourself too?

I have a few of these and I prefer them to the metal spatulas, clean them the same way you clean the metal ones. Use a wooden once going over a waxed area :)

I have a few of these and I prefer them to the metal spatulas, clean them the same way you clean the metal ones. Use a wooden once going over a waxed area :)

Thanks MaisyMouse, but I'm a newbie to waxing so I don't know how a metal one would be cleaned.
I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, I've not even properly set up my wax pot yet. I'm gathering info at this stage, but I like to use the best and where best to find what the experts use but here on SG.

Thanks MaisyMouse, but I'm a newbie to waxing so I don't know how a metal one would be cleaned.
I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, I've not even properly set up my wax pot yet. I'm gathering info at this stage, but I like to use the best and where best to find what the experts use but here on SG.

If you read back on this thread, Kim explains how to clean and sanitise them.

I try everything too :)

Hi MM, sorry to jump in but I know what she means. You don't buy just one metal spat, you have several, so after each client you put the metal spat into a solvent and they stay there all day. At the end of the day you remove them all and then give them a thorough clean as the solvent only dissolves the wax, you still need to clean them. After I wiped all the wax off, I just boil a kettle and give them all a good scrub with Fairy Liquid, dry them and spray them with anti-bacterial.

If you're mobile, you would spray the spat with solvent and wipe the wax off and clean them when you get home.

Here you go x

Latest posts

Back