Double dipping wax spatulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 questions (I'm afraid one of them is about the metal spatula method lol)

I think I understand the metal spatula method..
So you cleanse the leg, then use a metal spatula to apply the wax, double dipping if you need to. Remove wax and use wooden spatulas from then on if you need to go over any areas. Is that right?

My question is, what is the purpose of using the metal spatula to apply and double dip on a cleansed leg, why not just do the same with a wooden spatula? Is it just so that you don't have to throw that wooden spatula away?

And question number 2...

Why not have a lot of metal spatulas to use for each client so that no wooden spatulas or double-dipping are needed?

I have 2 questions (I'm afraid one of them is about the metal spatula method lol)

I think I understand the metal spatula method..
So you cleanse the leg, then use a metal spatula to apply the wax, double dipping if you need to. Remove wax and use wooden spatulas from then on if you need to go over any areas. Is that right?

My question is, what is the purpose of using the metal spatula to apply and double dip on a cleansed leg, why not just do the same with a wooden spatula? Is it just so that you don't have to throw that wooden spatula away?

And question number 2...

Why not have a lot of metal spatulas to use for each client so that no wooden spatulas or double-dipping are needed?

The metal spatulas hold more wax and the heat so you will find your wax will spread thinner and more widely in one sweep.You off load the wax and then spread down you can literally cover the whole front of a lower leg in one or two dips with this method if you are proficient and quick.
You could use lots of metal spatulas if you wanted to,but if you were very busy you might end up with lots of tins with spatulas all hanging around in a tins of solvent needing sanitising.

The metal spatulas hold more wax and the heat so you will find your wax will spread thinner and more widely in one sweep.You off load the wax and then spread down you can literally cover the whole front of a lower leg in one or two dips with this method if you are proficient and quick.
You could use lots of metal spatulas if you wanted to,but if you were very busy you might end up with lots of tins with spatulas all hanging around in a tins of solvent needing sanitising.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense :)

Latest posts

Back